McLewis
jibers
VivaStPauli
Adit
11 posters

Go down

Wise words by Mourinho Empty Wise words by Mourinho

Post by Adit Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Arguments against the Ballon d’Or and individualism in football: “But I think Wenger said something that is interesting; he is against the Ballon d’Or and I think he’s right, because in this moment football is losing a little bit the concept of the team to focus more on the individual. We are always looking at the individual performance, the individual stat, the player that runs more. Because you run 11km in a game and I run nine you did a better job than I did? Maybe not! Maybe my 9km were more important than your 11.

"For me, football is collective. The individual is welcome if you want to make our group better. But you have to work for us, not we have to work for you. When the top player arrives, the team is already there. It’s not him who comes to discover the team, like Columbus discovering America. No, no, you are coming now to help us be better. And as a manager you have to give this message every day – not with lectures or words. It’s about what the players observe in relation to the behaviour and to the feedback – the way you react to this player and that player; the empathy with this one and that one.

“The only thing you cannot give to a player is the talent. But can you work the talent properly so that he understands the team’s needs? Is he an intelligent, open guy waiting for you to help him be better? Is he the kind of maverick guy, the selfish guy, where it is much more difficult to persuade him the team is more important than he is. I’ve had all of these in every club I’ve ever worked at. There is no perfect group anywhere but if you ask me what’s the most important thing in a player? it’s talent”.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Wise words by Mourinho Empty Re: Wise words by Mourinho

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Technically Columbus also didn't discover America like in that metaphor. There were people living there. But he's right with the other stuff.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:13 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Technically Columbus also didn't discover America like in that metaphor. There were people living there. But he's right with the other stuff.

Colombus didn't discover America period. He wasn't the first person from Europe to go there.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Speaking, rather ironically, as a fan of a club that worships one player, I totally agree with him. I do think individual excellence should be recognized, but never above the collective excellence of the team. As much as we like to think star players carry their teams with their talent, I think the reality even in those scenarios is that without that team as the supporting cast, the star simply won't shine.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:20 pm

is this his only wise comment ever Rolling Eyes

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Mourinho has come some way I have to tell you, I seem to like him more and more. Also the comment about distance is a nice one, probably the worst statistic there is to have in a game of football. Football is a game of quality not some extension of Cooper's test.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Funny how not being associated with Real Madrid anymore raises Harmonica's opinion if someone. I think he may be a cule after all Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:34 pm

getting on Harmonica's good side was the last achievement that was absent from Mourinho's long list of accomplishments .
something every coach dreams of .

and lol at that Eurocentrism from Mourinho Laughing by that logic  i guess Portugal was " discovered " by the arabs who conquered it in the 8th century .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Wise words by Mourinho CAabXtkW4AAhU93

Cruyff - 1994
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:35 pm

Harmonica wrote:Mourinho has come some way I have to tell you, I seem to like him more and more. Also the comment about distance is a nice one, probably the worst statistic there is to have in a game of football. Football is a game of quality not some extension of Cooper's test.
Funny thing is, I liked him more too when he wasn't in the league my club plays in. Sort of forgot about how much I hated him. I can assure you, however, that he is basically the same guy as before. This doesn't mean he isn't right sometimes.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:46 pm

Eman wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Mourinho has come some way I have to tell you, I seem to like him more and more. Also the comment about distance is a nice one, probably the worst statistic there is to have in a game of football. Football is a game of quality not some extension of Cooper's test.
Funny thing is, I liked him more too when he wasn't in the league my club plays in. Sort of forgot about how much I hated him. I can assure you, however, that he is basically the same guy as before. This doesn't mean he isn't right sometimes.

ffs exactly how I feel.. could tolerate him at Real cause he was far away from England and pitted against Barcelona, who I have my reasons to dislike.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:17 pm

i think majority of the football fans except inter/chelsea and some porto/madrid fans dislike mourinho.

the guy is likeable for a couple of weeks but that's about it.
btw not talking about in a footballing sense, but his attitude and disrespect gets old very fast.. was funny but now just too repeated.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:58 pm

Mourinho is more tolerable than the likes of Wenger .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:03 am

Eman wrote:

Agree Thumbs up

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:07 am

characters are loved for how to present themselves, not what they say.

this is why when ibrahimovic does stupid shit, he is loved
when balotelli or ronaldo do something similar, they get destroyed by neutrals etc.

granted everyone will have fans and haters.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:31 am

Donuts wrote:

granted everyone will have fans and haters.

Word.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum