Curtinho
Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
farfan
BarrileteCosmico
14 posters

Go down

Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world Empty Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:54 am

Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world

The former Manchester United and France striker Eric Cantona has revealed a surprising choice for the player he rates as the best in the world – Paris Saint-Germain’s Javier Pastore.

Cantona, who won four titles during his spell at Old Trafford and came third in the Ballon d’Or in 1993 behind Roberto Baggio and Dennis Bergkamp, was speaking ahead of the Laureus Sports Awards, which take place in Shanghai on Wednesday.

And rather than opting for the current Ballon d’Or holder Cristiano Ronaldo or four-times winner Lionel Messi, the 48-year-old instead plumped for the Argentina forward Pastore, who he described as “the most creative player” in the world.

“For me, the best player in the world is Javier Pastore,” said Cantona. “I watched two PSG games just to see him play. For me, he is the most creative player at the moment. Pastore is full of surprises. I love this kind of player.”

Pastore, who joined PSG from Palermo in 2011 for a reported €39.8m, is likely to come up against Messi’s Barcelona in Wednesday night’s Champions League quarter-final firtst leg. The 25-year-old has three goals and five assists this season.

Meanwhile, Cantona also courted controversy by suggesting that Spain’s World Cup triumph in 2010 was only down to the influence of Barcelona on the national team.

“Catalonia won the World Cup,” he said. “Spain won it with 10 Barcelona players in the team. Spain did not win the World Cup, Catalonia did. Barcelona won it.

“I’m sure that as soon as the youth set-up from Barcelona and other Spanish teams draw new, good players, Spain will emerge again.”
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world Empty Re: Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world

Post by farfan Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:56 am

nonsense .
he's not even the best player in PSG ... in his position Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world Empty Re: Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:57 am

Agreed with everything
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 am

' I watched two games " seems legit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:10 am

Yes but you are not Cantona mole, apparently it takes a lot to get him to watch 2 matches hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:13 am

Or possibly Cantona SEES more in 2 matches than mere mortals can see hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yes but you are not Cantona mole, apparently it takes a lot to get him to watch 2 matches hmm

Your right, I'm not an overrated player who got mystic based on feasting on the 7th ranked league in Europe at the time :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:24 am

No doubt Pastore is a pretty fantastic little player though. Some of the stuff he does is quite mystic.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:14 am

I was talking about Cantona hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:24 am

El Cujo wrote:No doubt Pastore is a pretty fantastic little player though. Some of the stuff he does is quite mystic.

I wouldn't say he's little at 1,87m.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:25 am

I was talking about Pastore. hmm

I wouldn't say he's little at 1,87m.

While it's a figure of speech, I'll qualify it by saying I'm pretty sure my 11 month old daughter's wrists are already bigger than his. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:30 am

Are we speaking of the same Pastore? hmm
   Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world Javier11

Edit: Ninja'd
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:34 am

One of my favorite players, but making such claims after watching 2 games is pretty bad.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:37 am

After buying him into my Argentinian FUT, I've realised how good he is. Great dribbling skills and a very good passer. I play him as a CAM mostly and he has a decent shot on him.

Can agree with cantona to some extent.

He never settled well at PSG early on but it looks like he is fulfilling his potential slowly.

Won't mind him at Arsenal if Rosicky leaves. But not fussed with Isco/Iniesta either.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:52 am

Go home Cantona you're drunk.

edit: looool rg that avy is so cringe ffs Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:54 am

RealGunner wrote:After buying him into my Argentinian FUT, I've realised how good he is. Great dribbling skills and a very good passer. I play him as a CAM mostly and he has a decent shot on him.

Can agree with cantona to some extent.

He never settled well at PSG early on but it looks like he is fulfilling his potential slowly.

Won't mind him at Arsenal if Rosicky leaves. But not fussed with Isco/Iniesta either.

Agreed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:21 am

RG pls. There are two dozen midfielders better than Rosicky and Iniesta currently, and Pastore is in that list.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:38 am

LeVersacci wrote:Go home Cantona you're drunk.

edit: looool rg that avy is so cringe ffs Laughing

Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Probably he talked about The Cage.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:03 am

Pastore's real guys. You'll see. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:35 am

pastore has finally something to be proud of :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum