ChollaVille
Great Leader Sprucenuce
harhar11
spanky
maruf063
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Barca doesn't need fab and sanchez - Page 2 Empty Re: Barca doesn't need fab and sanchez

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Mr_Puyol wrote:Sooo yeah,what happen to the CB we were supposed to be getting?
Pique
Puyol
Abidal
Mascherano
Fontas

The team doesn't seeit as a priority

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barca doesn't need fab and sanchez - Page 2 Empty Re: Barca doesn't need fab and sanchez

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:afellay is just as good as sanchez imho, you don't start for world cup finalists if your not good. I don't think barca have really seen the best of him, rather individual moments of his brillance.

Maybe Afellay is more of a midfielder while A.Sanchez is more of a forward.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:03 am

I do believe with the presence of Thiago in the squad that Fabregas is NOT needed at all this summer. However, after last season, I fail to see how Sanchez/another forward player, isn't needed at all. Villa is getting on with age anyway and next season could well be his last. Afellay could have covered both MF and FW for this season and next season move to complete the 4 forward quota provided Villa moved on, and we could have gone for Fab and a CB as well. Guess the higher-ups have other plans, expect to see someone major get a major play time cut this season a la Yaya'08-09' if both Sanchez and Fabregas are signed.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:24 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:afellay is just as good as sanchez imho, you don't start for world cup finalists if your not good. I don't think barca have really seen the best of him, rather individual moments of his brillance.

Maybe Afellay is more of a midfielder while A.Sanchez is more of a forward.
Agree with you on this, he plays best at the iniesta position.
I've never really seen sanchez play too much besides some of the copa, so it's kind of hard to judge.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:26 am

Actually we need Sanchez... a lot. We're selling Bojan and Jeffren so we need a forward.

We don't need a CB in my opinion.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:33 am

larisano wrote:expect to see someone major get a major play time cut this season a la Yaya'08-09' if both Sanchez and Fabregas are signed.

It can't be Busquets because it would mean playing without a DM. It should not be both Villa and Pedro since playing with one forward less as we have discussed before is a bad idea. So by elimination you mean Xavi or Iniesta and that would be playing with fire. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:39 am

Fabregas is going to play all cup games, and 30% of La Liga and CL = bench wormer Very Happy
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:00 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez takes the same play time as Pedro or Villa.

It's up to him anyway
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Barca are very close to fabregas according to london sources(RG) lol.If barca pay 45 million fab is yours.Im expecting barca to announce the deal next week.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:36 pm

What happens to Afellay with Sanchez arriving?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:38 pm

mtfootball wrote:What happens to Afellay with Sanchez arriving?

If i see this again iam going to smash my head against a wall.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Afellay is way too overrated on this forum, probably because he Marcelo still has nightmares about him, lmao.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Afellay is class!!!
He just needs more playing time, freedom and some tactical advises.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Afellay is way too overrated on this forum, probably because he Marcelo still has nightmares about him, lmao.
sure you didint mean underrated?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:23 pm

No, I'm not saying he's not a great player but he's really overrated by many people on this forum

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:No, I'm not saying he's not a great player but he's really overrated by many people on this forum
Then you've never watched him play besides w/barca.. way to go
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Afellay is way too overrated on this forum, probably because he Marcelo still has nightmares about him, lmao.
never watched him outside barca,did you?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Nope, I didn't, only for Holland a few times, but people seem to think he deserves a spot over Sanchez and Pedro, he only deserved to start at the end of last season when Pedro slumped in form.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:28 am

Perhaps this is the most downgrading comment that I have ever read from any football personality about Cesc Fabregas.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/24/2588391/arsenals-cesc-fabregas-is-not-as-good-as-javier-pastore-or-marek-

I don't agree with this though. The one point he makes seems quite valid to me. However that is just one out of many aspects on which players should be compared.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:54 am

messixaviesta wrote:Perhaps this is the most downgrading comment that I have ever read from any football personality about Cesc Fabregas.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/24/2588391/arsenals-cesc-fabregas-is-not-as-good-as-javier-pastore-or-marek-

I don't agree with this though. The one point he makes seems quite valid to me. However that is just one out of many aspects on which players should be compared.

He's insane if he thinks that Hamsik is better than Fabregas. Pastore isn't at his level either, though at the very least he has the ceiling to catch him.

As you said though it's a bizarre point to make before splitting the players.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:45 pm

The quote reads like a defense of Serie A rather than an attack on Fabregas' ability.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Nope, I didn't, only for Holland a few times, but people seem to think he deserves a spot over Sanchez and Pedro, he only deserved to start at the end of last season when Pedro slumped in form.
Well he can play many positions, so I'm sure he doesn't have to take pedro's spot.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The quote reads like a defense of Serie A rather than an attack on Fabregas' ability.

I had similar thoughts.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum