How many goals will Messi put past Neuer?

+14
Cruijf
McLewis
Donuts
Collblanc
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Doc
DuringTheWar
À bout de souffle
Freeza
billy_gr
Myesyats
Great Leader Sprucenuce
futbol
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Messi will score ...

How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many goals will Messi put past Neuer?

Post by jibers Thu May 07, 2015 3:50 pm

It was a great shot. Neuers positioning was excellent. He was closer than VDS was in 2011. It was just a hard and accurate shot. Gary Neville is as good as an English pundit can be which isn't saying much.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

How many goals will Messi put past Neuer? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many goals will Messi put past Neuer?

Post by The Franchise Thu May 07, 2015 3:53 pm

I tell my boys to shoot to the near post as often as possible. Obviously if the situation calls for across to the second post, then great, but goalkeepers are always looking for that one. A hard and low drive to the first post always surprises goalies and because its low its hard to get down there after the slightly slower reaction.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 07, 2015 3:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:People only think Neuer could have saved it because it was the near post. For some reason people think all shots at the near post should be saved no matter what. I dont get it myself but its been said for as long as I can remember.

If the angle is very tight and the shot doesn't go in the top corner, I can agree with nearpost = GK mistake. But in this case, Messi was very central.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Disagree slightly Mclewis, he should have done better with the first goal imo.

Yeah. He probably thought it was going to be a curler into the far corner as Messi usually does it. But Messi ain't predictable.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu May 07, 2015 6:50 pm

to be fair, messi's last three or four goals from that area of the box ended up curling into the second post.
Neuer isn't superhuman and can't read everything perfectly, he went with what he studied and tried correcting it.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2