Have I lost my Mind?

+4
Myesyats
zizzle
Art Morte
BigNewFan
8 posters

Go down

Have I lost my Mind? Empty Have I lost my Mind?

Post by BigNewFan Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:53 pm

I started watching the Premier League when it debuted in America on NBC. That was the 2013-14 season, I believe.

It seemed like forever until the next season started, and now that is over.

Now I read that the league starts in August.

Huh?

That is awesome, but I feel like it just ended, and don't remember it being so close after the 2013 season ended.

Am I losing my mind? Maybe the World Cup gave me my soccer fix, and I had forgotten how long ago the Premier League had ended.

BigNewFan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Have I lost my Mind? Empty Re: Have I lost my Mind?

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Well, the off-season break is like waiting for a woman to get ready to go out. First you think she'll never be ready, you probably start drinking on your own, coz you figure you won't have enough time to drink by the time you get to where ever you're going, because she's taking frigging forever to get ready. Your occasional impatient calls of her name go unanswered. After a few hours you decide enough's enough, get up from the couch and go see what she's doing, only to find the house empty and remember that she left you four years ago. You stand there at the bathroom's doorway. No sign of her, only empty medication packages. You remember you missed the last therapist's appointment to get more pills. Or maybe you missed the last ten, you're not sure. You're not sure what year it is. You look down and see you're only wearing a pair of dirty undies and nothing else. You chuckle at the realization you were shouting at her to get ready when you're really not ready to leave the house. You lift your gaze and stare at the purple walls. You've painted them purple, of course. Purple was her favorite color. Your favorite team plays in purple, too. There's a picture of her taped to the stained bathroom mirror. Only it's not her, per se, it's that Andy Carroll. He plays in purple nowadays, sadly, and you like to think that from the right angle, he looks a bit like she. Somewhere in the back of your mind you seem to realize it's all gone a bit too far. But that voice is weak and fading fast. You know which reality you like better. You trudge back downstairs and sit on the couch and open another beer while watching the telly that hasn't been open for two years. A few silent moments pass. Then an impatient shout: "Sandyyyy! Let's go already, we're gonna be so f***ing late!" No answer. You sigh and decide to give her a few more minutes. After all, she's the light of your life.

I think you're all right, mate.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:09 pm

And the winner of post of the year is..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Damn you copying my post from other site Mad
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:13 pm

zizzle wrote:And the winner of post of the year is..

Spoiler:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Art Morte wrote:Well, the off-season break is like waiting for a woman to get ready to go out. First you think she'll never be ready, you probably start drinking on your own, coz you figure you won't have enough time to drink by the time you get to where ever you're going, because she's taking frigging forever to get ready. Your occasional impatient calls of her name go unanswered. After a few hours you decide enough's enough, get up from the couch and go see what she's doing, only to find the house empty and remember that she left you four years ago. You stand there at the bathroom's doorway. No sign of her, only empty medication packages. You remember you missed the last therapist's appointment to get more pills. Or maybe you missed the last ten, you're not sure. You're not sure what year it is. You look down and see you're only wearing a pair of dirty undies and nothing else. You chuckle at the realization you were shouting at her to get ready when you're really not ready to leave the house. You lift your gaze and stare at the purple walls. You've painted them purple, of course. Purple was her favorite color. Your favorite team plays in purple, too. There's a picture of her taped to the stained bathroom mirror. Only it's not her, per se, it's that Andy Carroll. He plays in purple nowadays, sadly, and you like to think that from the right angle, he looks a bit like she. Somewhere in the back of your mind you seem to realize it's all gone a bit too far. But that voice is weak and fading fast. You know which reality you like better. You trudge back downstairs and sit on the couch and open another beer while watching the telly that hasn't been open for two years. A few silent moments pass. Then an impatient shout: "Sandyyyy! Let's go already, we're gonna be so f***ing late!" No answer. You sigh and decide to give her a few more minutes. After all, she's the light of your life.

I think you're all right, mate.

Arty :bow:

Spoiler:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:38 pm

art's been reading my diary hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Art :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:art's been reading my diary hmm

I thought Goallegacy was your diary hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Morty ffs Proud I don't know if I'm more proud of you or your bald head.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:53 pm

srigooner wrote:
Spoiler:

Hasn't replied to my PMs for four years ffs.

Hapless_Hans wrote:art's been reading my diary hmm

And been disappointed by the lack of me Sad

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:16 am

You can't have your rwo and hans it too, arty!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum