Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ?

+14
RealGunner
RED
McAgger
Bankz
The Demon of Carthage
Mr Nick09
Kaladin
Art Morte
Doc
Thimmy
ronalessi
Harmonica
futbol
S
18 posters

Go down

what do you think

Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ? Vote_lcap23%Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ? Vote_lcap77%Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ? Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 13

Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ? Empty Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ?

Post by S Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:56 am

By major trophy I obviously mean the league title or the CL..

If they don't, will this be viewed as a disastrous season for the Spanish giants ? As we've witnessed, it's pretty dry barren record for a team of their calibre with only a handful of trophies to show despite  ludicrous amounts spent year after year.

One has to wonder if the excuse of having to compete with the greatest Barça of all time is valid anymore.So will Benitez's boys change the trend or it'll be more of the same this yr too ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ? Empty Re: Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ?

Post by futbol Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Well, if not, I will laugh hard. 1 league title in 8 years. Imagine. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ? Empty Re: Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ?

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Referees will win trophies for Madrid this year, mark my words.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Nope.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:47 pm

Harmonica wrote:Referees will win trophies for Madrid this year, mark my words.

Will Real Madrid win a major trophy this year ? Unnamed-1
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:57 pm

futbol wrote:Well, if not, I will laugh hard. 1 league title in 8 years. Imagine. Laughing

Don't you laugh hard regardless?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Only if Barcelona fail, because Messi-Suarez-Neymar make them the favorites. Anything's possible in the CL, though.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Sorry but we're retaining the Emirates cup
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Since when do you work for goal.com

lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:48 pm

S wrote:By major trophy I obviously mean the league title or the CL..

If they don't, will this be viewed as a disastrous season for the Spanish giants ? As we've witnessed, it's pretty dry barren record for a team of their calibre with only a handful of trophies to show despite  ludicrous amounts spent year after year.

One has to wonder if the excuse of having to compete with the greatest Barça of all time is valid anymore.So will Benitez's boys change the trend or it'll be more of the same this yr too ?
It's a cycle. You, a Juventus fan, of all people should know that. You haven't won the CL since 1996. And you hadn't won Serie A for seven straight years before Conte. What does that make you? Same with Barça before Ronnie and Messi. They were literally nothing. Just a decent club with one CL title. Take a look at their stats back then, you'll have the true definition of what truly means to be trophyless.

What you should understand is that Real Madrid is constantly under the loop, more than any other club on the planet. A trophyless season at Real Madrid is perceived almost as bad as the Black Death. Other big clubs can finish trophyless and get away with it because they're simply not Real Madrid.

But let's, nevertheless, take a look at the stats delineating one of Real Madrid's worst run in history. I assume you're referring to 2009-present:

2009: trophyless.
2010: CDR
2011: La Liga
2012:trophyless
2013: CDR + CL + CWC + Supercopa
2014: trophyless

And this is supposed to be Real Madrid's worst run in recent times? lol Other big clubs would be dancing arm in arm in the streets for the same amount of trophies and they would call it one of their most successful eras. That's the difference between Real Madrid and everybody else.

As for the best Barça in history. That's not an excuse. But it should make other people rethink their statements because Real Madrid managed to only win the league once from 2010-2014, yet that team would've walked into any other league in the world and won it with relative ease.

I'm pretty sure Juventus can't win La Liga not now and definitely not in recent years, not when the two most consistent teams in Europe play in the same league. I'm also pretty sure the same goes for City, Chelsea and even Bayern.

And finally, even if we don't win anything this year, or the year after, or the year after that. Even if we don't anything until 2030. I wouldn't call it a disaster. Cause we're the record 32-time La Liga winners. We are the record ten-time European Champion and we're the team of the century. We've already solidified our status as the greatest club in the history of the game.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:07 pm

As much as you are correct, the money spent by the club does make this slight dry run in league titles a silly. Money spent doesn't equate to success but to spend all that and still come up short time and time again is...frustrating.

That being said, it is always a disaster when Madrid don't win a trophy so I don't see how it would be any different this year. I have no faith in our league campaign since we blew it twice in a row so I'm hoping we do well in the cup runs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:21 pm

If Refdrid somehow misses to cheat a major trophy this year, it would be their worst 7 seasons since Franco days.

53-60 9 major titles
60-67 7 major titles
67-74 3 major titles
74-81 5 major titles
81-88 3 major titles
88-95 3 major titles
95-02 5 major titles
02-09 3 major titles
09-16 2 major titles

Fear not "Real Madrid"-fans though, you will still have the 2nd best Ballon d'Cheat run in your history.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:17 pm

@demon.
Nope we're refering to 2004-15
1 CL
3 La ligas
2 spanish super cups.
Including 2 leagues in 8 years (04-12), 1 league title in 7 years (09-15) and the almighty 1 CL in 13 years by the so called greatest team of all time. So, this amounts to 6 major trophies in 11 years, for a multi billion dollar euro team.

Last edited by Bankz on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:37 pm

To answer the the OP, No I don't think so.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Bankz wrote:@demon.
1 CL
3 La ligas
2 spanish super cups.
Including 2 leagues in 8 years (04-12), 1 league title in 7 years (09-15) and the almighty 1 CL in 13 years by the so called greatest team of all time. So, this amounts to 6 major trophies in 11 years, for a multi billion dollar euro team.

It's really easy to be selective. I could also choose 1975-1990 as my point of reference and say that Barça won La Liga just once in 15 years while Real Madrid won 10. But that's not how things work. You take everything into account, not just a specific time frame.

You won the CL three times from 2009 to 2015, we did the same thing from 1998 to 2002. That's what I mean by a cycle.

If you're worried about Real Madrid not winning the league as much as they should, you can rest assured we'll win it. If not this year, it'll be the next, or the year after that. We have 32. It's you who need some catching up to do, not us.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Bankz wrote:@demon.
1 CL
3 La ligas
2 spanish super cups.

I hate to bring Barcelona into this, but since you're a Barcelona supporter, I'll use them as an example. You can defend Barcelona's money spending all you want, but at the end of the day, they're still among the top spending teams in Europe. So.. theoretically, if Barcelona weren't blessed with a golden generation of academy players that formed the core of the team that went on to dominate modern football, do you believe that money alone would've still granted them success?

Looking at the majority of Barcelona's transfers in recent years, I highly doubt that would be the case. Success in football boils down to luck, money and making the right decisions. The way I see it, Barcelona had plenty of luck and to some extent good decision-making in developing a brilliant generation of academy players, and so they didn't need to rely as much on spending their money wisely. Relying on the talent of your academy players is admirable, but it's not something that's easily achievable and history tells us that the so-called "golden generations" are few and far between.

Real Madrid, on the other hand, have traditionally not devoted the same amount of resources into developing local youngsters. Not until just recently, anyway. Valdebebas (CDRM) boasts a state of the art training fascility, and I believe that largely due to La Masía's influence. Having a no-bullshit bussinessman like Perez as their president for the better part of the past decade hasn't helped much either. Say what you want about Cruyff, but he's largely responsible for Barca's success in that department. People are very opportunistic, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they'd discredit Man City's performances or reputation if they had won a lot of silverware following their erratic spending haul in recent years, but that's just not how it works. Money, alone, doesn't guarantee success - it just improves your chances of it. Like a billionaire gambler can keep tossing die until he wins, but he's still not guaranteed to end up with a profit.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:30 pm

DoC, I think the issue is the money spent in relation to the amount of trophies won which is as equally frustrating for a fan as it's hilariously hilarious as someone that isn't. Maybe both.

But you are very correct, everything should be taken into account when judging a team but that is kinda boring.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:29 pm

They're good enough to do so, why not?

Not too sure about Benitez of course. his managerial stint at the club has 'I'll be sacked by the turn of the year' written all over it. We'll see though.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:44 pm

Lol
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Yes

La Liga
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:14 am

I'm not very optimistic about Benitez managing to win La Liga. Certainly not in his first season at the club, anyway. I hope I'm wrong, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:34 am

we have a team good enough to win, benitez seems to still be looking for a set strategy so let's watch how that pans out. demonof carthage makes an interesting point, everyone brings up our poor league run in the last couple of years. its a bit of a crisis, if you can consider this a dark cloud, big clubs have had worse dark clouds in their recession periods. teams have failed to make the ucl (juve, utd, barcelona pre ronaldinho, liverpool, chelsea) and mind you all those teams have spent a lot too even in those dark periods.

its a cycle, a tough one to be in especially considering its largely been our fault due to the high turnover in coaches and talent. but being in the conversation gives us hope to fight for titles. i just hope rafa doesn't bottle it; frankly i wasn't excited about bringing him in, but i want to believe he knows what to do
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:33 am

No chance. You don't win the league by being the 3rd best team in Spain, the season is too long.

As for CL, if we stay injury free, and really start to click like we did under Carlo's win streak last season then maybe, but probably not.. Way too many "if's"

CDR we have a legitimate chance. Hahaha

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:29 am

It all depends on the players tbh. Last year Ancelotti failed to rotate the team properly (as he did in the decima season). It also depends on how CR accepts his reduced role in Madrid's attacking strategy. There are too many variables. Coupled with Barcelona and Atletis signings, I wouldn't be surprised if they did end up trophyless.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:57 pm

tbh if rafa can get the team to a similar level to carlo, plus rotation and cutting down on the stupid goals, then winning a double shouldn't be that hard to imagine, especially if the team plays more expansive and get more out of more players consistently.

james,benz, and bale getting an extra 5-10 goals throughout the season>cr hitting 50+ again just saying.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum