Doc
Casciavit
S
Vibe
Kaladin
66 posters

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

2016 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. I - Page 16 Empty Re: 2016 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. I

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:59 pm

srigooner wrote:If that's the case, why isn't he getting enough minutes?

Kind of a weird question. There are plenty of examples of players not getting a ton of minutes at different clubs after thriving elsewhere or leaving to emerge elsewhere. Whether it's tactical, personal or just because there's more experienced players in front of them.

That's also why I said I'm not Pep...it's just my opinion that Gotze should be an undisputed starter there.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

2016 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. I - Page 16 Empty Re: 2016 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. I

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:01 pm

Curtinho wrote:
srigooner wrote:If that's the case, why isn't he getting enough minutes?

Kind of a weird question. There are plenty of examples of players not getting a ton of minutes at different clubs after thriving elsewhere or leaving to emerge elsewhere. Whether it's tactical, personal or just because there's more experienced players in front of them.

That's also why I said I'm not Pep...it's just my opinion that Gotze should be an undisputed starter there.

You wouldn't have that opinion had you watched our games, and how Götze actually performed in them.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Marin 2.0?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Nah Gotze is a really good player, it's just Muller is better suited for what they require from that spot.

He can easily recover his form for a team where he's more central to their overall offence.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Ok, if you say so, all beside the point as he's not coming to Liverpool and his future remains to be seen under Ancelotti.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah Gotze is a really good player, it's just Muller is better suited for what they require from that spot.

He can easily recover his form for a team where he's more central to their overall offence.

I could see that. Often enough some players are better suited to more 'central' roles to the team, and some just don't fit certain managers' system as well as others.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Tbf Götze was great this season until his injury
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:09 pm

ES wrote:Marin 2.0?

Nah. Götze hasn't been BAD, necessarily.
Depending on your expectations, he's been decent overall, and quite good some times. Had good starts to both last and this season.

But never has he performed in a way that would let you conclude he should be an undisputed starter, rather it has become pretty clear that he shouldn't be, compared to how others perform.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Curtinho wrote:Ok, if you say so, all beside the point as he's not coming to Liverpool and his future remains to be seen under Ancelotti.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah Gotze is a really good player, it's just Muller is better suited for what they require from that spot.

I could see that. Often enough some players are better suited to more 'central' roles to the team, and some just don't fit certain managers' system as well as others.

It's not just that but there's just no room for him overall in the team tbh.

Muller and Lewandowski is pretty set in stone, Alonso and Thiago are important to their entire midfield in terms of controlling the tempo and getting the forwards in good positions then you have Vidal or Lahm depending on what Pep wanted from that particular game.

Costa is obviously undroppable and Robben when fit takes the other spot, but even when he's not Bayern are much more dangerous under Pep at least when they have two wingers so Coman is a better fit in terms of that. ( even if Gotze could play there and he has )

Like Hans said now Ancelotti is in charge it could change but as it was there was no role for Gotze in the team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:17 pm

Fully expect Ancellotti to win the CL

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:22 pm

Curtinho wrote:Ok, if you say so, all beside the point as he's not coming to Liverpool and his future remains to be seen under Ancelotti.

The "if you had seen the games" wasn't meant in a 'you don#t know what you're talking about' way Laughing

It was meant to say that it's tricky, Götze isn't bad and has fulfilled a role too, some good games, but if you actually make a summary of his performances he's been just not good enough for a starting role.
He has decent combination play and tactically disciplined, but no individual spark at all, mostly.
His dribblings have been surprisingly awful most of the time.
Depending on the expectations, he's been either decent, or an dissapointment. And everytime he seemed to find his groove (most of all at the start of last 2 seasons), he' injured.

If you consider the money he cost, and more importantly, the wages he's on at his young age, it becomes an issue.
He's a top earner (not his fault).

Normally you'd be glad to have a player like him as 12th, 13th, 14th player (and we are), but he's a bit too high profile and expensive for this supporting role.

You're right in that Liverpool fans shouldn't expect him to transfer to them, it's VERY unlikely, but Götze is one of the most obtainable of Bayern players.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:37 pm

If Ancelotti lets Gotze go in the summer , for me it would be one of the biggest surprises in football in recent years .

I find it really hard to believe he would let him leave . He's never let go of players with serious talent without trying everything to make good use of them . As far as Gotze is in form and serious about establishing himself , Ancelotti will find a way .

Then again... maybe Gotze would want to leave , i haven't considered that option Laughing . Otherwise i really doubt Ancelotti won't have him , i will have to see this to believe it . Let alone how Ribery and Robben won't get any younger , you don't just let go of a player like Gotze .

Gotze is a player that absolutely has to feel and be important to get the best out of him . As much as i like Pep and i agree with his ways , the situation with Gotze isn't ideal . You can't have a player like Gotze and have him start games from the bench all this time . Of course he will lose in motivation . I think Ancelotti can and will change that and unless things we cannot possibly foresee happen , i think there's a really good chance we see a very different Gotze next season .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:46 pm

I dont think Carlo would stop him from leaving if he did want to leave but Carlo has been able to revive many players' careers so it may be good to stay another season in his own interest just to see how he fares under Carlo. I am pretty sure he will have many suiters even if he stuck around another season. I dont know what went wrong with him under Pep be it Pep did not want him or the huge expectations as the new face of fresh Germany it may have been hard for him to perform to his capabilities.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:47 pm

Gotze is just not better than any other Bayern player in their respective positions. He is a good player, but if everyone else in the team is better than you at what you do, you might as well pack up and go. He has reached a point where if he leaves, no one will shed a tear for him.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Yes i ultimately agree , it all works fine and why try and fix it just for Gotze , especially when certain players bring everything Pep wants on the table. Despite all that , sorry but i will have to see it to believe it , that Ancelotti won't give him a really good chance to become important for Bayern , or that he won't try to keep him even if he wants to leave Bayern. When i say important , like a key-player for Bayern. Does anyone doubt if he can be a key player for Bayern? Maybe not Pep's Bayern , but i do think people will actually care if he leaves. Bayern has great players but it's kind of a big deal losing a player like Gotze , even if he isn't in his best form these days.

Right now i do agree Bayern plays how they play and Gotze has his place , fair game . Till next September however , that's a great deal of time in football. Many things can and will most likely change until then .

I certainly do believe Gotze can do much more than current Gotze does and i also believe Ancelotti is someone who can push him toward that direction . But anyway , there's time for any of that yet .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:20 pm

sure Gotze can be much better, build a team around him like Klopp did and give him freedom, he will be very good.

we all know Ancelotti is a nice guy, he will come in and be nice to everyone, tell everyone that they have a chance and will try to give everyone a chance.

But here is what does not work in Gotze's favor. Carlo will play 433. and he wont bench lewandowski, muller or robben when he is fit. He is not a midfielder so him playing deeper in mid is out of the question.

No matter how we try to slice it, he might as well just ask for a move now because we will be having the same discussion in a year if he stays

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Dante wrote: Despite all that , sorry but i will have to see it to believe it , that Ancelotti won't give him a really good chance to become important for Bayern , or that he won't try to keep him even if he wants to leave Bayern. When i say important , like a key-player for Bayern. Does anyone doubt if he can be a key player for Bayern? Maybe not Pep's Bayern , but i do think people will actually care if he leaves. Bayern has great players but it's kind of a big deal losing a player like Gotze , even if he isn't in his best form these days.

Right now i do agree Bayern plays how they play and Gotze has his place , fair game . Till next September however , that's a great deal of time in football. Many things can and will most likely change until then .

I certainly do believe Gotze can do much more than current Gotze does and i also believe Ancelotti is someone who can push him toward that direction . But anyway , there's time for any of that yet .

That's all fine, problem is the contract situation.

As I said, only ONE more year of contract left, until 2017.
That's why the situation is so tricky, because neither side wants to commit clearly.

He'll not get offered a huge raise for a renewal, as things stands. Because his performances barely hold up to his earning status as it is.

He'll not just blindly sign a new contract when he's not getting a raise AND might not be starting.

Then, his contract runs out with summer 2016 the last moment to cash in.
Getting Götze for 36m € aat 20 years old and then letting him leave on a free 24 years old would be very bad business.

The situation is tricky.
We'd want to wait how he's performing under Ancelott BUT when Ancelotti comes in he's already on his last contract year.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:32 pm

17year old Victor Osimhen is likely to join Wolfsburg according to himself. Never heard of him tbh. But he seems like a promising african talent.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:sure Gotze can be much better, build a team around him like Klopp did and give him freedom, he will be very good.

we all know Ancelotti is a nice guy, he will come in and be nice to everyone, tell everyone that they have a chance and will try to give everyone a chance.

But here is what does not work in Gotze's favor. Carlo will play 433. and he wont bench lewandowski, muller or robben when he is fit. He is not a midfielder so him playing deeper in mid is out of the question.

No matter how we try to slice it, he might as well just ask for a move now because we will be having the same discussion in a year if he stays

You do make a good case , i must say .

We'll find out relatively soon anyway , with Ancelotti i always see surprises down the road . Gotze will most likely be one , either positive or otherwise(leave).

Must say however , i wouldn't be so sure of what he would play just yet , with regards to the 4-3-3 .

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Dante wrote: Despite all that , sorry but i will have to see it to believe it , that Ancelotti won't give him a really good chance to become important for Bayern , or that he won't try to keep him even if he wants to leave Bayern. When i say important , like a key-player for Bayern. Does anyone doubt if he can be a key player for Bayern? Maybe not Pep's Bayern , but i do think people will actually care if he leaves. Bayern has great players but it's kind of a big deal losing a player like Gotze , even if he isn't in his best form these days.

That's all fine, problem is the contract situation.

As I said, only ONE more year of contract left, until 2017.
That's why the situation is so tricky, because neither side wants to commit clearly.

He'll not get offered a huge raise for a renewal, as things stands. Because his performances barely hold up to his earning status as it is.

He'll not just blindly sign a new contract when he's not getting a raise AND might not be starting.

Then, his contract runs out with summer 2016 the last moment to cash in.
Getting Götze for 36m € aat 20 years old and then letting him leave on a free 24 years old would be very bad business.

The situation is tricky.
We'd want to wait how he's performing under Ancelott BUT when Ancelotti comes in he's already on his last contract year.

Yes , it's a very legitimate issue and i get that .

To be frank , since money isn't an issue for Bayern , i do believe they will renew his contract if Ancelotti confirms his faith in him , i guess he will have to make do with the summer and what he judges by the season at hand.

If he says otherwise or if Gotze wants to leave , you're probably right , he may as well be as good as sold , no way they will risk losing him for free . That said , no matter the current situation , i do find it a little difficult to believe Bayern would actually want to sell Gotze . I think if everyone involved wants the player to stay with Bayern , they will find a solution .

Now as for Ancelotti , i cannot tell what he would want or do with Gotze , what i think i know is that he really likes talented players. On that factor alone i do think the contract situation turns somewhat to Gotze's favor . I don't know about raise , but if Ancelotti confirms he wants him to stay later on , i think we can say chances are good he will renew . Now as for details i can't tell.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:20 pm

I wonder what Pato is doing with himself these days. Could be a boost to alot of clubs especially United and Liverpool who are marred with injuries
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:03 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I wonder what Pato is doing with himself these days. Could be a boost to alot of clubs especially United and Liverpool who are marred with injuries

last time i checked he wants EPL/La Liga

no clue whatsoever where he'll end up
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:14 pm

it was posted a few pages back/week ago that he was close to joining a second tier chinese team Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Goetze is an amazing talent. Would love to have him replace Rosicky at Arsenal
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:Goetze is an amazing talent. Would love to have him replace Rosicky at Arsenal

Bellerin + 15m and he's yours
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:27 pm

Pep: "I wish had 20 Rafinhas at Bayern"

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Firenze wrote:it was posted a few pages back/week ago that he was close to joining a second tier chinese team Proud

yes , and source being yahoo .

seems legit
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:17 am

Sources coming from Sevilla that they are close to signing Andre Carrillo from Sporting Lisbon
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next