djoe26
Sri
EL Patron
Spider
12 posters

Go down

Clichy's justifications Empty Clichy's justifications

Post by Spider Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 am

Gael Clichy claims that he turned down a lucrative new contract with Arsenal to join Manchester City because he was fed up with the failure of Arsene Wenger’s team to win trophies.

The 25-year-old France defender says that after only a week with his new team-mates on City’s pre-season tour in the United States and Canada, he already feels he has made a winning choice.

‘After spending eight years with Arsenal it would have been easy to sign a new contract to stay there because they’re a fantastic club that will always be challenging for trophies,’ said Clichy. ‘But it got to a point for me where I didn’t just want to challenge for the titles only to be disappointed in the final weeks of the season. I wanted to play for a club that would win them.’

‘I joined City because I felt that this was a club ready to win important trophies over the next few years,’ said Clichy. ‘Look at last season. At Arsenal we were challenging for all four trophies. But in the end we finished fourth and without a trophy. City came third and won the FA Cup. So I’m joining a club who are winning trophies.’

‘When Sheik Mansour first took over here there was a lot of scepticism in the game, and I was one of the sceptics,’ he said. ‘The criticism was that it was all about the money. But, for me, last season proved that City are now one of the top clubs in the game.

‘I know from my own experience that when it comes to the most important part of the season you can’t just have a great team, you need a great squad.

‘It was so frustrating at Arsenal. At times last year we played some fantastic football and looked as good as any team in the league. But there were also times when we had injuries to our best players and we couldn’t cope. If we lost Cesc Fabregas or Robin van Persie then the team really suffered.

‘I’ve been at City only a week but I look around and see a squad that is strong. I see a group of players good enough to allow the manager to rotate - and that is what makes a successful club.’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the injury and the squad part ,we always struggle Every time we loss rvp and Cesc it's like we are depending on the way too much , Wenger should add one or tow more players in some specific areas like in the Dm area , LB area or in midfield in general and not just ordinary players or WC players but players with experience

But i don't agree with the Wining trophy's part , Manc won the FA Cup last year so What !! Small clubs wins trophy's every year that doesn't guarantee more success every time and it's not like they have won the CL or the EBL !! + they didn't finish above us because they were better than us it's because we sucked so bad in the last 2 month
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Clichy's justifications Empty Re: Clichy's justifications

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:28 am

With all due respect... Man City is acting like a club looking to win and Arsenal is not. It's pretty evident from an outsider. I don't agree with Man City's shady methods to circumvent FFP however. So it might bite them soon in regards to European play.

But saying that City beat you because you sucked the last two months is pretty much an excuse since everything evens out over a season. If the last two months were flukes according to you, then the first two months where the team was excellent were also flukes. You just can't justify that.

City beat Arsenal fair and square and deserve their placement and trophy. If it were that easy, Arsenal would have won something since 2005.

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:56 am

shut up Gael, you cost us the league in 08 Smile
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Was wondering he'd say this ever since he left.. Now for Walcott and Gervinho to own his ass. Come on!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 pm

srigooner wrote:Was wondering he'd say this ever since he left.. Now for Walcott and Gervinho to own his ass. Come on!
They will only if gets to play.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:City beat Arsenal fair and square and deserve their placement and trophy.

what?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:59 pm

F*ck off, Clichy
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Who the hell he think he is, the weakest link from Arsenal, no one cares that you left. Enjoy the bench and make sure call up Ade he might have some advice for you donkey.

I just cant wait to see how Man city does when they have to play CL,EPL,FA CUP, Carling good luck making the top 4 again.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Who the hell he think he is, the weakest link from Arsenal, no one cares that you left. Enjoy the bench and make sure call up Ade he might have some advice for you donkey.

I just cant wait to see how Man city does when they have to play CL,EPL,FA CUP, Carling good luck making the top 4 again.

Unfortunately mate, unlike the Spuds, City have made a good claim for the CL spots.. Unless Liverpool make a come back, which they look increasingly likely to do (God bless them!), I see City in the top 4 for a few years to come.. Tbh, we are going to fight tooth and nail for the very CL spot we have been taking for granted ever since AW arrived..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:04 pm

we already knew that he'd left as Man City looks promising future wise so there's no surprise there.

but why cant he stay shut, Toure did.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:37 pm

rg posted the real interviwe guys...check bbc for it....he didnt say ne of this

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 am

"Summer's" n "Winter's" media sucks.. hua ha ha..i guess u don't need google.transl. this time..lool...any @ bloodless- u have to L.just in Nigeria..! LOOOL... not in Dubai or Prague...OK Laughing Mad

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:11 am

boss wrote:"Summer's" n "Winter's" media sucks.. hua ha ha..i guess u don't need google.transl. this time..lool...any @ bloodless- u have to L.just in Nigeria..! LOOOL... not in Dubai or Prague...OK Laughing Mad

ok how do u know where im from?

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:53 pm

bloodless wrote:
boss wrote:"Summer's" n "Winter's" media sucks.. hua ha ha..i guess u don't need google.transl. this time..lool...any @ bloodless- u have to L.just in Nigeria..! LOOOL... not in Dubai or Prague...OK Laughing Mad

ok how do u know where im from?

he is the all knowing boss.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Ohhhhhh !!!! @bloodless....professional ! Wink I know where's Ali comes from also ha ha haa...@ ali8775 ..mmmm!!!..how do u know about me !!! "Suspect"LOOOOL.....
@bloodless !!! hey mate im just kidding ...all infos i get from beatrixasdfghjk's thread...Countriessssss...that's all i have to say...well a special thank to him ..loool...n ali8775 absolutely ....trololoool

Ok ..@topic...Clichy was a great player in ASN any...!

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 pm

I think the only reason he left is the wages.. He was offered an amazing rise from 50k to 90k per week...
And i doubt he is better than Zabaleta or Kolarov ?
He will have to really rise his level to be the first choice...
Best of luck Clichy... hope you dont end up like being Adebayor..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:39 pm

hahahahaahahahah clichy was at fault for the 3rd goal look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpIWk5D8ACw&feature=player_detailpage
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Well he wanted trophies. All the best with that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum