M99
theaguia
guest7
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Argentina vs Portugal - Page 2 Empty Re: Argentina vs Portugal

Post by theaguia Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:25 pm

ZsG7 wrote:Portugal should play with Liedson and have Rui Patrico as GK.

i agree abt patricio, but postiga is playing quite well for portugal i dont think liedson can do better

theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Forza_Barca wrote:argentina 2 portugal 1 been done earlier this year

You mean the game where Messi had to play a full 90 minutes to score? Via a penalty too, and against Portugals complete B team and where Ronaldo only played 45 minutes along with the rest of Portugals A side, minus coentrao.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Patricio & Liedson are both garbage and I don't want them starting. I also prefer Hugo Almeida to Postiga because Portugal tends to cross alot and Almeida is a target man.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:53 pm

but almeida cant get a shot on taget, atleast postiga has shown good form, whats with the patricio hate? he is a great talent
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:26 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:

You mean the game where Messi had to play a full 90 minutes to score? Via a penalty too, and against Portugals complete B team and where Ronaldo only played 45 minutes along with the rest of Portugals A side, minus coentrao.
Excuses, Portugal's B team? who were they missing? Ronaldo played 60 minutes IIRC

Argentina proved their superiority

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 pm

theaguia wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
milanista99 wrote:I think Portugal edges it out for me. Under Paulo Bento they have performed really good and under Batista Argentina have, well we all know what happened. Argentina of course looks better than Portugal on paper wins but Portugal have been on better form than Argentina have and their defence is world class unlike Argentina. Argentina's attack and midfield has really bad chemistry, who knows maybe things will change.

And that has a huge effect. On paper, Argentina has the better the team probably in all departments, except for that center-back pairing in which Portugal definitely has the better of the two. But their chemistry is just really bad and they're too individual. Portugal, on the other hand, have been in much better form (of course it's difficult to compare recent Euro qualifiers to the Copa America, but the latter really gave us an idea of where Argentina stands). I would say they're about even, but if I could choose to face one of these teams in the near future, I would rather avoid Portugal.

btw we have better fullbacks as well

Well don't underestimate Zanetti, ever. Don't let his age fool you, he's still sheer quality and runs more than most 20 year olds. Fullbacks are about even imo (in the two formations that were given).
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:

Excuses, Portugal's B team? who were they missing? Ronaldo played 60 minutes IIRC

Portugals A team played the first half, B team basically played the second half. Ronaldo played 45 minutes. Argentina proved their superiority? They played their A team for 90% of the game, even messi played 90 minutes, and u guys could only win from the penalty spot. So much superiority. Hugo almeida even produced 2 of the misses of the season in that game, you were fortunate to win. LUCK.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:32 am

FilipeFerreira wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:

Portugals A team played the first half, B team basically played the second half. Ronaldo played 45 minutes. Argentina proved their superiority? They played their A team for 90% of the game, even messi played 90 minutes, and u guys could only win from the penalty spot. So much superiority. Hugo almeida even produced 2 of the misses of the season in that game, you were fortunate to win. LUCK.
No, Ronaldo played 1 hour of football. Stop making up excuses, Argentina are superior to Portugal, went farther in the WC and won our game against you.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:47 am

affraid another Portugal vs. Italy thread

(in theory, this is even closer than what I mean, since Messi is originally Italian) :coffee:
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:07 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:

No, Ronaldo played 1 hour of football. Stop making up excuses, Argentina are superior to Portugal, went farther in the WC and won our game against you.

well team chemstry is what matters the most and that is something argentina really lacks right now, so i dont think you can say they are superior just because we lost out due to an offside goal to the team that eventually became champions or because portugal' reserve team(2nd half) lost out the argentina by conceeding a penalty, if you watched the game then you have known that argentina were never dominating portugal except the forst 15 mins or so. so just chillax and stop being so biased. I myself probably am a bit biased but i am trying my very best to look at it objectively. In terms of player to player it is rather equal but due to the way the argentina performed at the ca, i feel portugal's coherence would push them beyond arg. Well this is hypothetical as everything could change when they next meet.
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:24 am

This really shouldn't even be a poll, we proved our dominance over them in the last friendly. :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:23 am

Dominance? Well, Argentina did in fact win but it was nothing dominant. And that match really shouldn't be a factor honestly. It was a friendly which only one coach saw as a friendly (Bento) and the other getting his side in order for a competition he has to partake in the following year in Argentina (Batista).

However, Argentina's front line beats Portugal's quite nicely. Cristiano and Nani can't really save that one. I would say both have similar midfield until Pastore develops into what he suppose to develop into. Portugal's defense is better than Argentina's. Nothing complicated about that one.

So all in all, my vote goes for Argentina.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:54 am

Lionel Messi wrote:This really shouldn't even be a poll, we proved our dominance over them in the last friendly. :coffee:

were you watching the match, argentina only dominated for 10 mins, 2-1 does not mean huge superiority
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2