zizzle
M99
silver
Lucifer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
28 posters

Page 19 of 44 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 44  Next

Go down

#ThankYouDanielBryan  - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23 - Page 19 Empty Re: #ThankYouDanielBryan - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:49 pm

RAW's rating is 2.66 this week, highest since end of August. Vince is a draw, should push himself. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

#ThankYouDanielBryan  - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23 - Page 19 Empty Re: #ThankYouDanielBryan - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:50 pm

was he advertised?

he is still the biggest attraction out there tbh Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:18 pm

Owens starting a feud with Russo. hmm

Kevin Owens ‏@FightOwensFight 7h7 hours ago
I'm very proud of the fact that I'm not Vincent Russo's cup of tea. Quite frankly, I'd be worried if I was.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Have to agree with Russo. Owens is pretty bland and isn't larger than life. Foley and Bray Wyatt are out of shape, but they have characters, goat promos and are larger than life.

Vince Russo ‏@THEVinceRusso 7h7 hours ago Thornton, CO
@shoobrady TO ME he doesn't look like a star. He looks like a sloppy guy. Bray looks like a star. That is MY OPINION.

Vince Russo ‏@THEVinceRusso 4h4 hours ago Denver, CO
@Drewdetang Mick looked special like a star. Owens just looks like regular, out of shape guy. My opinion.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:50 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:36 am

Yohan Modric wrote:RAW's rating is 2.66 this week, highest since end of August. Vince is a draw, should push himself. hmm

Reign's beginning title reign already pushing the ratings up.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:36 pm

#ThankYouDanielBryan  - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23 - Page 19 ZbSCw5j
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:40 pm

'Hasn't granted any wishes even people pray to him all the time' rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Greatest segment ever on RAW. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:29 am

Vote for Goatdow. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Takeover story with it culminating with Bray beating Lesnar for the title at WM would be good.

Following this week’s major events at TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs and Raw, WWE higher-ups have begun making preliminary plans for WrestleMania 32 on April 3, 2016 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. With Brock Lesnar slotted to be a featured attraction at the event, who will his opponent be?

As of this week, Lesnar was penciled in to face Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania 32.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:38 pm

Excellent video from Russo here. Talks about what the casual audience's first impressions of Owens would be and also about how he lacks a defined character.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Do you actually listen to Russo run his mouth for 52 minutes ? Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:42 pm

probably takes notes as awell
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:50 pm

I listen to all his podcasts in full. Also had a subscription to his site. Proud

He's just so knowledgeable when it comes to wrestling and everything he says makes perfect sense imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:02 pm

I listened to a couple of his vids but quickly got fed up of him raising his voice and shouting into the mic as if he's debating someone. So much anger ffs.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:14 pm

A lot of people just hate on him for no reason imo. Blaming him for the downfall of WCW, despite the fact that when he was in charge there was a ratings rise. TNA recorded their highest ratings with Russo at the helm. Not to mention he was head writer for the most successful period in WWE history, the attitude era.

Then blaming him for angles such as Katie Vick, Mae Young giving birth etc when he wasn't even writing at that point. Laughing

Smarks (wrestling workrate TySonZ KIDZZ CEEEESARO indy lovers) obviously hate him because they know Russo's right when he say's 'wrestling doesn't draw' and casual fans don't give a crap about it. Casuals want characters, storylines, skits, backstage segments etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Sami Zayn returned at NXT takeover. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:18 pm

MT pls. Russo comes up with ridiculous storylines and made wrestling a joke. He is a joke end of. No one except you takes his seriously now. This man booked himself to win the WCW title. He was head of creative in 99 WCW which says a lot of how crap he was. So please stop acting like he could be the savior of wrestling. He is rightfully one of wrestling's most ridiculed figures.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:55 pm

People who ridicule him are simply uninformed and just judge him based off of rumours and dirtsheets. Ratings prove that Russo was a success wherever he went. He played a huge part in writing goat stories such as Austin/McMahon, Rock/Foley, Taker/Kane, DX, Higher Power etc. It was Russo who convinced Vince to take the product in a different direction back in 96. Without him the WWE may not even exist today.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:28 pm

Be booked himself as champion. That should tell you all.

And please, Attitude Era was Vince's idea. Russo had a hand in it but Vince, Jr and lots of other were all in on it. Don't act like AE was Russo's brainchild.

And yeah right ratings. You gonna just ignore Russo was head writer of WCW on 1999. aka the year the downfall well and trull begun?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:54 pm

He won the title for a week as a result of getting speared out of a steel cage. It wasn't clean and it was done for the shock value. Secondly Russo had nothing to do with WCW's downfall. When he joined the ratings went up instantly. The network WCW was on wanted nothing to do with wrestling so it was pulled. Politics / major stars having creative control also played a role in the decline.

And regarding the AE not being Russo's idea:

Russo had been the editor of Raw magazine and was shooting his own angles for the publication. On the latest episode of Nuclear Heat, Russo says that he went to Linda McMahon and wanted to advance his position in the company. With the WWE's ratings going down, Russo wanted to help change things.

"I was feeling very negative about the company, but very desperately wanted to help," said Russo. "I'm either going to go to the next level in this company, or I'm going to be fired."

Vince McMahon joined the meeting and was quickly infuriated by Russo and his offers to help with the creative aspect of WWE programming.

"I said 'listen, if this is all I'm capable of, I need you to tell me because I know I'm capable of more.' Vince McMahon got hot at me, red in the face. I don't think anybody ever did this to him before. I remember him getting red in the face at me and I'm thinking 'Bro, I don't want more money, I want to help you.' Three days later is when I got called in the office, Vince threw the magazine on the table and said 'this is what the product needs to be,'" said Russo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Secondly Russo had nothing to do with WCW's downfall.

Sure he didn't Laughing next thing you are going to tell me is that NWO didn't either.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:02 am

When Russo joined WCW, the company was already a sinking ship. At the end of the day all that matters is ratings.

The month prior to Russo joining, the average rating was a 2.9. During his first stint, which was 3 months long, the average rating was a 3.2. So blaming him makes no sense.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:51 am

Yeah sure take Russo's word for it Laughing Next you are gonna tell me David Arquette being champion was good too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Russo was the head writer during the AE and that's something everybody knows. He wasn't some 50th man part of a booking team who played a 'small part' in the AE creative. He wrote the weekly shows, worked with Vince closely and that can't be topped. 'Crash TV' (edgy controversial storylines, short matches, swerves, heel turns, shoots, backstage segments, storylines for every wrestler, characters) is Russo's style. And that's what the AE was. Nowadays there's like 30 writers and everything's micromanaged. Back then it was just Vince, Russo and Ed Ferrera, his assistant.

And Arquette wasn't Russo's idea. It was announcer Tony Schiavone's. Either way it worked in a way because it was shocking and it gave WCW mainstream attention/publicity. Wrestling should do whatever it can to get mainstream attention and shouldn't just cater to hardcore fans, which is what it does nowadays imo.

How much better would RAW be if 'crash TV' was brought back? No more boring 20 min matches. Everyone gets a storyline, more characters, more backstage segments, everything is must watch etc. It's what the product needs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 44 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 44  Next