Who was the last world class attacker Italy produced?

+27
Lord Awesome
FilthyLuca
sportsczy
Dante
Donuts
Doc
nichabr
BarrileteCosmico
Tomwin Lannister
Cruijf
rwo power
McLewis
Kaladin
Robespierre
farfan
jibers
guest_07
Ion Creanga
Hapless_Hans
Claudio84
McAgger
Grande_Milano
M99
S
Art Morte
Valkyrja
Adit
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who was the last world class attacker Italy produced? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who was the last world class attacker Italy produced?

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Insigne, Berardiand Gabbi are the only ones really who should be kept an eye on. But, i doubt all of them will be WC. I'm kinda confused why Vazquez and Bonaventura aren't utilized more often, certainly they'd warrant a few games here and there, instead, its been Zaza---Pelle lol

Also, forgot about Bernardeschi, could turn out into a gem, despite being in Antonelli's back pocket last game :coffee:

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Who was the last world class attacker Italy produced? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who was the last world class attacker Italy produced?

Post by S Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:15 pm

I dont think Italy will have a problem finding potential quality midfielders and defenders over the next few years.There's some very good talent in both departments.

Had Italy got Dybala to represent them though,the attack would've been genuinely sorted for the future.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:15 pm

What does one mean when they say "world class"?

Such a loaded term.

This debate is moot if that can't be properly defined and I don't think it ever has been or ever will be.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:20 pm

@What McLewis said (I was just about to write "First define 'world class', please" - but McLewis beat me to it ^^)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:33 pm

McLewis wrote:What does one mean when they say "world class"?

Such a loaded term.

This debate is moot if that can't be properly defined and I don't think it ever has been or ever will be.

Means absolutely nothing but most people here don't understand football.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:45 pm

S wrote:I dont think Italy will have a problem finding potential quality midfielders and defenders over the next few years.There's some very good talent in both departments.

Had Italy got Dybala to represent them though,the attack would've been genuinely sorted for the future.

True enough, the Argentines they've let go...Icardi and Dybala would've given them an invaluable boost up front
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:48 pm

ES wrote:
S wrote:I dont think Italy will have a problem finding potential quality midfielders and defenders over the next few years.There's some very good talent in both departments.

True enough, the Argentines they've let go...Icardi and Dybala would've given them an invaluable boost up front

Dymbala will challenge Neymar for the Ballon D'or 2020.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:50 pm

jibers wrote:

Such a loaded term.

The term world-class meaning nothing didn't stop you from calling Alonso to have never been WC in his career, countless of times.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:

Such a loaded term.

The term world-class meaning nothing didn't stop you from calling Alonso to have never been WC in his career, countless of times.

I use it because people here throw the word around so it is a way for me to show that he is not on the level that people think he is. The term world class in itself means nothing, just like tiki taka.

Then again you are the same kid that said Ronaldo is a better footballer than Messi. Stick to crayons son.

Last edited by jibers on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:56 pm

World class has a very specific meaning lol, it's just been misused so often that meaning has been lost.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:59 pm

I've grown to hate the term 'World class'

For most people on here it seems to mean that there's barely a handful of players in the history of football better than you otherwise you're not WC. Which disqualifies all but like 5 players on the planet Laughing

And others say you should be top 5-10ish in your position out of active players. By either definition Italy haven't had a 'World class' attacker in years.

As for the defence argument, that's borderline retarded when Italy have Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini in central defence. If that's not up there with the best for some people then I can't be arsed with that. Same 3 defenders who have been either top or top 3 for like the last 4 Years in a goals conceded table amongst the top European teams from the top leagues.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I've grown to hate the term 'World class'

For most people on here it seems to mean that there's barely a handful of players in the history of football better than you otherwise you're not WC. Which disqualifies all but like 5 players on the planet Laughing

And others say you should be top 5-10ish in your position out of active players. By either definition Italy haven't had a 'World class' attacker in years.

As for the defence argument, that's borderline retarded when Italy have Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini in central defence. If that's not up there with the best for some people then I can't be arsed with that. Same 3 defenders who have been either top or top 3 for like the last 4 Years in a goals conceded table amongst the top European teams from the top leagues.

Did anyone doubt Italys defence? What post? Laughing

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:01 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:

I use it because people here throw the word around so it is a way for me to show that he is not on the level that people think he is. The term world class in itself means nothing, just like tiki taka.

Then again you are the same kid that said Ronaldo was greater than Messi.

Personal opinion, it's not like I've compared Heskey to Messi. By the way, I'm not the only one who said that R9 at his peak was better than Messi.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:04 pm

jibers wrote:

2nd post, no top class defenders. Gotta phone the lads at juve and let them know they're all crap brb
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:07 pm

jibers wrote:

Valkyrja wrote:You could also ask who was their last top class defender Laughing

valkyrja at it again.

up there with his 'higuain was our best player in the 07-08 season and its not even close' comment.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:13 pm

S wrote:
jibers wrote:

Valkyrja wrote:You could also ask who was their last top class defender Laughing

valkyrja at it again.

up there with his 'higuain was our best player in the 07-08 season and its not even close' comment.

rofl

This guy has to be a troll account.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:26 pm

You guys can take your defender comparison somewhere BTW.

World class means cream of the crop footballers. It has meaning just been misused. The level at which Del Piero or Totti played in their prime they were good enough for most top teams as their important player. That level or class is world class.

Currently no Italian attacker , striker, winger or attacking midfielder or some one who can do something in final third plays for any top team. No one will even get into spurs 11. That is current level.

I don't think it's cycle. There is something wrong with the youth system. It has been too long.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Berardi will get into that Spurs XI,no doubt.

This current Insigne would too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Valkyrja said  shareable opinions  ,  I read nothing of strange,   I often agree with him (great poster) as about R9 at his peak > Messi ( who saw him alive,  it knows. )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:53 pm

S wrote:
jibers wrote:

valkyrja at it again.

Mistaken that with 08-09. he finished strong 07-08 though. as for Italy's defenders, they are good. among the best ? no way
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Valkyrja wrote:as for Italy's defenders, they are good. among the best ? no way

Are you kidding ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Robespierre wrote:Valkyrja said  shareable opinions  ,  I read nothing of strange,   I often agree with him (great poster) as about R9 at his peak > Messi ( who saw him alive,  it knows. )

He said CR7 was better than Messi at the start of gl Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:01 pm

S wrote:

Are you kidding ?

no i'm not. depends with what you understand from among the best. there are several better than Italy's defenders.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:03 pm

France and who else? At one point Brazil and Spain could boast better defences, but that's no longer the case.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
S wrote:

Are you kidding ?

no i'm not. depends with what you understand from among the best. there are several better than Italy's defenders.

Several Laughing

Name them please.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Last I checked the best player in the world right now is of italian origin :coffee:
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next