Seppuku
lenear1030
Lex
Guiltybystander
Yeezus
elm_baraja_shaman
10 posters

Go down

The Meek shall take over the world. Empty The Meek shall take over the world.

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:44 am

Yes I said it, watch out for Uruguay and Paraguay at the next WC in Brazil.

watch also for these countries:

Africa

- Ghana- my high bets on them, no bias..... Ghana can make it as far as the semi-final. A 3rd place finish would be attainable.

- Ivory Coast- its a 50%/50% on them, though impressive, I don't think they will make a 2nd round, well if they do make it though, I see a 2nd round elimination.

Asia

oh yes a hot spot for growing football. The game has developed so well here. My bets

Japan- Quarter final......oh yes, they will make it and you'll see :coffee:

South Korea- they will make a Round 2 but that is as far as I can see them if they do qualify.

North Korea- they will build on their qualification with another qualification. That is where my bet ends on them.

North America

USA- here again no bias. USA will once again make a Round 2 qualification. That's my bet on them. Highest would be a quarter final.

Mexico- Round 2 finish at 2014, that is as far as my bet on them goes :coffee:

Europe

Interesting and I know most of you are interested in what I have to say about this area.
I can still see Germany, Spain keeping up their game. Italy 50/50..... the rest are going down.
England, France, add Italy there a bit.......could keep sinking.......

teams to watch for:

Russia- keep an eye on them

Belgium- with such fascinating talent, I can see Belgium in a good placing in 2014 [yes this was by special request Smile ]

Serbia- oh yes quarter final is 70%

Ireland- don't say I didn't warn you about them

Portugal will boast no drastic change unless they develop a tactical game.

South America

the Guays is where my interest lies. They will be interesting to watch @ 2014. This 2 teams play so tactically that it is hard to break their defense. When I say Guays, I mean Uruguay and Paraguay. Also, they boast so good a youth collection that 2014 will be a launching pad...

Elm's bets

- Chile- with Sanchez and Vidal, a Round 2 qualification smiles on my table.

- Venezuela- my spider sense tells me that Venezuelan fans should start smiling. A WC qualification is on the horizon. With Rondon, they boast a promising player.

- Colombia- I see a 2014 qualification on the table. A Round 2 qualification is 1.5% dicey.....it ain't happening.

Going down.

Ain't it evident? Two teams that have a group of some of the most the individualistic talented players will soon be the former boss now a b*tch. If you are a Brazilian and Argentinian fan, I got bad news for you, don't expect anything good at 2014.

Agree or disagree, the meek is and will inherit the world of football soon.... :study:

Last edited by elmystique on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

The Meek shall take over the world. Empty Re: The Meek shall take over the world.

Post by Yeezus Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:48 am

Given that Columbia played the most one-dimensional football. They will find WCQ hard.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

The Meek shall take over the world. Empty Re: The Meek shall take over the world.

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:48 am

Andres Iniesta wrote:Given that Columbia played the most one-dimensional football. They will find WCQ hard.

we will see...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:49 am

I say Belgium, they have a phenomenal young generation, who will all be 24/25 in 2014. Or Denmark.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:50 am

@mystique

You forgot Belgium. They will be up there.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:57 am

^^

consider it done...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:59 am

San Marino - Only lost 1-0 in their last competitive game. Definitely on the up and looking for blood
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:02 am

Lex wrote:San Marino - Only lost 1-0 in their last competitive game. Definitely on the up and looking for blood

I will not be too much in a hurry to hurray on them yet...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:04 am

What do you guys think of Holland's chances? I'm a bit worried, our new generation is pretty mediocre. We will have a pretty senior team in 2014 (most players will be >30, if we keep the current team)
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 am

Guiltybystander wrote:What do you guys think of Holland's chances? I'm a bit worried, our new generation is pretty mediocre. We will have a pretty senior team in 2014 (most players will be >30, if we keep the current team)

belgium will be the new holland by then
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 am

Holland is a snoozefest these days.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:11 am

Agreed, I'm not a huge fan of this generation. I do still think they'll do fine in the Euros at least, with this crop. Decent chance to win it even.

And since Ajax is rebuilding majorly, I can see some new talent surfacing here for the World Cup. Feyenoord has a lot of great players who are only around 16/17 in their youth. They'll be ready too. But no big names as of yet. Aside from Affelay.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:19 am

look on the bright side,were all going home together

edit:wrong thread

Last edited by Ganso on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Uruguay Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:22 am

Ghana showed they had balls in the worldcup, with that you can get anywhere, that includes winning a worldcup.

Japan.
Paraguay.
Peru. (The current coach of Peru is better than those in the best clubs of Europe)

I would like Hungary or the countries that once were part of Yugoslavia to be amazing too, but i acknowledge their current situation, i name them because they were amazing at the beggining of proffesional football.
Uruguay
Uruguay
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:14 am

I think u mean the meek shall inherit the earth. I'm not religious though, just sayin
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:05 am

I agree. Some of the nations in your list has the potential to be future powerhouses, and who knows maybe World Champions one day.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down