RealGunner
FalcaoPunch
Mr Nick09
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wenger is a clown - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is a clown

Post by rincon Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Is Wenger in control of transfers or do they have a transfer director?

If he is in control then you can't really use his mediocre squad as an excuse. If there is a director then he also needs to get fired.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:20 pm

rincon wrote:Is Wenger in control of transfers or do they have a transfer director?

If he is in control then you can't really use his mediocre squad as an excuse. If there is a director then he also needs to get fired.

Wenger is in charge of everything at Arsenal, he is a control freak.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Coming for you BC when I'm done with my exam later tonight Twisted Evil
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:10 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Only top manager able to keep his team in the Top 4. In a season where United, Chelsea, Liverpool and (soon) City are all struggling to make Europe with the power wave of Leicester, Spurs and West Ham, Arsene has kept his ship steady and achieved his goals comfortably. Underrated this season.

Anyway, as I've eluded to, I think this is completely wrong. This is a defeatist mentality and one that Arsene apparently has, because if Chelsea and City aren't going to run away with the league as you would expect in recent years, then Arsenal has to be the one that walks it.

Don't even mention United and Liverpool, they've both been trainwrecks for a couple seasons now with under performing managers and average squads...they don't factor into the title race, and they haven't for a while. Chelsea have undergone a horrendous season with squad and manager turmoil, hitting relegation form and losing their manager halfway through the season, of course they aren't in the title race. The only real team you can compare Arsenal to and say they're doing well is City--who were actually doing pretty decently until they found out their manager was leaving this season and hit terrible form. They've had their star striker injured numerous times and I can't remember Kompany being healthy for more than a couple minutes. Toure is past it and doesn't care, and Silva has been meh or injured.

And yes, Arsenal have had their injuries too, but the point is...Arsenal this year have had all the cards stacked in their favor, and yet they're 8 points behind the leaders with 9 more games to play. The same old problems plague them--they play Chelsea and they lose, they lose to an average United squad at Old Trafford, they should probably be winning the FA Cup and go out to Watford, their injury record continues to be a concern, and Wenger has continued to rely on the likes of Coquelin and Flamini at DM with Giroud at striker.

This is the season where Arsenal should have won the league with games to spare. Wenger can spend as much money as he likes and has been able to for a while, and the typical challengers are all in turmoil. Yet through Wenger's continued stubbornness he's opted to not upgrade his squad, get the required star players, acquire good enough players in case of injury, and now they're behind Leicester and Spurs. Not only that, but he can't even get his players to play in a cohesive fashion and create a system that gets you fairly consistent results...he's not even doing well enough with the squad he's created. Wenger has made his bed and now he must lie on it.

I didn't even have to make a long post really, the argument falls flat when you consider Spurs and Leicester are ahead of Arsenal. Especially when you look at what Poch and Ranieri have done in the last season or so. It exposes Wenger as someone who has lost the plot and needs to resign from his position if Arsenal is to actually try and do something.

If Arsenal win the league this year (somehow) it is in spite of Wenger, not because of him. If they finish in CL spots this year, it is because Arsenal has simply not had the drastic changes other clubs have undergone this season to account for their form. Arsenal this year have had no real big changes like the others yet on their current path they would finish the season with 68 points--2 less than Man United last year and out of Champions League places. So I would even say if Arsenal finish in CL places, it is in spite of Wenger, not because of him.

The title of the thread is right. He's become a bit of a caricature of himself and for his own career and for the club he's done so much for, he ought to step down at the right time, and that time is now imo, regardless of if Arsenal win the league or not.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:24 am

It all really depends what you're looking for.... do you want unparalleled consistency WITHOUT the killer instinct that gets you trophies or do you want a risk taker that is going for trophies... with risk comes the downside of poor cycles.

Depends if you're running a corporation or a football team. As an investor, I take the sure thing every time. That's the problem with Kroenke... he's into it as a businessman.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:28 am

I was under the impression BC was being completely sarcastic with that post hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:15 am

It would make a lot more sense hmm

Would be a dose of payback for my overuse of sarcasm over the internet to not get it

However, even if he is being sarcastic, these would be my thoughts on Wenger. Which is obviously all I was doing with that post :coffee:

Last edited by CBarca on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:15 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Only top manager able to keep his team in the Top 4. In a season where United, Chelsea, Liverpool and (soon) City are all struggling to make Europe with the power wave of Leicester, Spurs and West Ham, Arsene has kept his ship steady and achieved his goals comfortably. Underrated this season.

Ion Creanga wrote:Let's not forget his unmatched consistency in Europe.

People have gotten so used to lowering their expectations and standards with Wenger and Arsenal, that posts like these seem normal.

Few weeks ago, Arsenal was in prime position to make a run for the title, but like so many seasons before, they fumbled. It's not even so much about who they are up against, traiditional power in city, chels, man yoo, or new challengers leicester, spurs, they are showing they are weak. They keep failing regardless of who they are up against, and you guys want us to look at it and celebrate it because city and chelsea are doing worse?

And years of getting kicked out of CL at the same round is creating no rage, no upheaval, no desire to achieve more? We should celebrate consistent failings, just because it's consistent?

Good lord

You cant call meeting expectations failing.

Per season Arsenal are only expected to get top 4 and qualify through the group stages of the CL.. Admittedly Gooners reasonably expect to have gone beyond expectations at least once or twice.

AW has been somewhat hamstrung in the past 15 years with the stadium rebuild - not an excuse, just fact, we were consistently losing our best players to chelsea, barca and city for years. Wtf can AW do about that?

What is unreasonable is to have expected a miracle within the two years that those limitations have been lifted.. I am at the point now that I am happy to bring in a new manager just for some change.. but he will always be a one of a kind manager for me. Good tactician, good negotiator, brings a degree of integrity to the club and has a range of expertise that few managers out there can provide a club.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:30 am

free_cat wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:
Look @ Bayern, we almost never get a transfer wrong.

Like Breno? Or Goetze? Or Shaqiri?

Every Club gets a fair share of failed transfers.

None of them were failures - Breno was like 7-8M odd, an 18 year old guy. It was a cheap gamble, we went for it - Didn't work - Since then we have brought Boateng, Martinez, Benatia!

Shaqiri was a bench player & we were happy to keep him as a bench player. We bought him for 10-12M & likely sold him for 20M.

Goetze is 23, stats wise he is doing probably better than what he did @ Dortmund but this Bayern team is in a different level. And he came @ 37M only while players his types were going for 50-60M.

We can easily sell Goetze for 35-40M yet to some rich English Club! And I believe Mario can still be a tremendous success - He just needs to sort his head out & a coach who will use him properly!

But great that you had to dig into 6-7-8 odd years to find out 1-2 convincing cases. I guess when you have Vermaelen, Mathew, Douglas, etc - You would be inclined to do this stuff

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 am

Arsenal could have bought Costa for 30M euros, Coman for a loan with 20M option (convert those amount in pounds).

There were so many good transfers - Look at Hernandez with Leverkusen. Morgan S. should have been @ Arsenal, he suited them so damn well & was a major upgrade over Coquelin.

There is no excuse for this mis-management. Why do you have to buy Elneny in the winter window unless you got it terribly wrong? Everyone knew what this season would be & Arsenal bought Cech.

Also add the army of mediocre players - Arteta, Flamini, Wellbeck, Is Gabriel a hit or a miss?, Gibbs, the Calum guy. Huge list of not so good talent sitting pretty on decent wages & so on.

Arsenal have one of the highest ticket prices in the world. Arsenal are in the EPL with huge revenue. Arsenal fans must demand more & not settle for mediocrity!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:41 pm

This is Wenger when he thinks about retiring. Very Happy

Wenger is a clown - Page 2 374c1cfd2bc79dda6edb07010c66a6fd
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 pm

They don't have the ambition or expectations of a "big club" not even from some of their fans.

Sanchez has already mentioned the lack of a winner's mentality/hunger.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:00 pm

http://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/709744435735584768

Deaaaaaaaaaaaad.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:16 pm

futbol wrote:http://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/709744435735584768

Deaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Legit made me laugh in class but this was too funny
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:57 pm

CSpurs my comments were obviously tongue in cheeck, but I'll take your response seriously.

Arsenal's goals are top 4 + CL eights. If at the very beginning of the season you'd ask Arsenal fans what they thought with this being the end result they would tell you "About what I expected" in nearly all cases. Wenger met his goals, even in spite of the league becoming more competitive and upsets becoming far more common. The TV deals have become a great equalizer where it is not enough to have a strong team, you also need to be deft and smart, and Wenger has shown he has what it takes to at least accomplish what he set out to do.

He could never win the league, and this is simply because he doesn't have a winner's mentality. This infects his players. Asking him to win is simply asking him to do something that he cannot do.

By your own logic, you would have to admit that Spurs season is a failure. Losing to Leicester is every bit as embarrassing for Spurs as it is for Arsenal. And yet few Spurs fans would feel this way. Why? Because they have exceeded expectations. Spurs aim for a top 4 finish and are currently 2nd in the league and fighting for the title. That is a huge win for them, and has deservedly brought Poch great praise.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:30 am

futbol wrote:http://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/709744435735584768

Deaaaaaaaaaaaad.

LMAAAAAAAAAOOOOOO
McAgger