CBarca
Kick
rincon
Valkyrja
Claudio84
Killer
13 posters

Go down

Who are for you the most skillful strikers in the world Empty Who are for you the most skillful strikers in the world

Post by Killer Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:01 pm

based just on skill for me:

1 Benzema
2 Ibrahimovic
3 Lewandoski
4 Suarez
5 Aguero
5 Higuain

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Who are for you the most skillful strikers in the world Empty Re: Who are for you the most skillful strikers in the world

Post by Claudio84 Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Ibra, Benzema and Aguero in that order.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Who are for you the most skillful strikers in the world Empty Re: Who are for you the most skillful strikers in the world

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Lewandowski's technique is fantastic
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Ibra
Lewandoski
Benzema
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:40 am

No love for Dybala?

I'd also rate Ibra as the highest.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:55 am

Ibra followed by Aguero

Aguero is just ridiculous
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:47 am

CBarca wrote:Ibra followed by Aguero

Aguero is just ridiculous

scratch

I wouldn't have Aguero on my list. Excellent goalscorer, but not very skillful at all in my book. I don't ever remember seeing him do any tricks, almost never takes on defenders one-on-one, either. I've seen Lukaku try to dribble past opponents more often than Aguero. For me, Aguero is all about his movement and finishing.

Zlatan would top my list.

Want to give a shout out to Sturridge. Out of the strikers in the Premier League, I'd say he's got the most tricks up his sleeve. He's not always effective with them, mind.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:06 am

Aguero ridiculous? He's fast with the ball and physical but he's not amazingly skillful at all.

Ibra and Benzema have to lead the list.

Also, no love for suarez? come on now. he's up there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:43 am

Liverpool's Suarez was as skillful as any CF but playing with Nerman and Messi he gets overshadowed a lot in that department as it gives the illusion of him looking clumsy next to those 2.

Definitely agree with Art about Aguero. Not I wouldn't call him skillful by any stretch.

I'd have Lewa on top with Benzema and Ibra joint second.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:03 pm

first of all, there's a difference between skillfulness and technical ability. some players have both, some are skillful but their technique is lacking, some have good technique, but i won't necessarily call them skillful. and some people make the mistake of lumping skills and slick dribbling with good technique. for me ibra has been the most skillful striker in the last 5 plus years or more, no matter how much one might want to downplay his wit, acrobatics, dribbling (ibra of old); he's number 1 in that regard (also has brilliant technique to boot)....

i'm not going to put a list or rank two, three, four etc, because its not like most of the other CFs mentioned display an array of skill on a consistent basis....ofcourse its more pronounced in the highlights, but some of the names mentioned are more technically astute than skillful to me. for the record, these don't necessarily make one a great striker, they're just good add ons
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:43 pm

If it's about dribbling you are talking about then bitey wins it hands down. Benzema has zero dribbling skills, even Morata and origi dribbles better than him. Ibra and lweandowski does dribble in static positions well but doesn't really have the ability to completely take out more than one player. Aguero definitely second best in dribbling department.

If it is finishing then Higuain is the best among those. Followed by Ibra,Aguero and Benzema. Suarez is a hit and miss finisher whose misses are masked by ridiculous amount of chances he gets. Lewa too, while more complete striker but not that good with finishing.

If it is link up play them Benzema wins hands down. Back to goal and on the run he links up like no other.

Ibra and Suarez comes second. Lweandowski too not far behind, he also is the best who can bring down hoofed balls and can create dangerous situations with second balls.Then Aguero . then Higuain comes dead last.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:13 pm

lmao adit stop exposing yourself, still can't judge the abilities of players you watch every week, cause media told you so Proud.

anyway agreed with kick order.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Also Ibra is 34 now. But young Ibra was dribbling past players far more than any of the others. His "maradona"-like goal at Ajax is the best example. Had a few more with Juve and Inter over the years.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:02 pm

rincon wrote:Also Ibra is 34 now. But young Ibra was dribbling past players far more than any of the others. His "maradona"-like goal at Ajax is the best example. Had a few more with Juve and Inter over the years.

Ibra was never a guy who would dribble multiple players. Don't let that Ajax goal fool you, I could also show goals scored by Bale after dribbling a few players but usually he can't dribble if his life depended on it.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Man I've been watching Ibra his entire career I'm not basing anything on youtube. His time at PSG is the less I've seen. Everything before I watched weekly.

Someone above just mentioned that Ibra can't take out more than 1 player. He isn't Messi but he can out dribble the names mentioned.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:06 pm

for skill i don't mean only the dribbling, but also the first touch, the shooting technique(especially volleys), the finishing, the passing epecially 1-2 passes.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Killer wrote:for skill i don't mean only the dribbling, but also the first touch, the shooting technique(especially volleys), the finishing, the passing epecially 1-2 passes.

Lewandowski in my opinion. Zlatan close second
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 pm

i guess this is where we delve into semantics. i've always associated first touch, shooting technique, passing style or ability, ball control, ability to hit free kicks, under technique. obviously sometimes they cut across each other; being able to control the ball on the first touch with your heel (consistently) is as much a skill as it is brilliant technique. just as being able to execute a rabona pass (an accurate one, and not just those dumb rabonas people do for show), consistently is as much a technique as it is a skill. i see shooting (volleys, chips, placing) more on the side of technique than skill.

technique is over-arching, and encompasses a lot of things; but when i think skill; (at least for me), it entails more "oohs and aahs", flair- sometimes flair to a fault; using your heel in a situation where you could have used your head, going at defenders with some slick piece of dribbling when u may have passed, passing with your back, inciting 'ole' from the crowd, ....basically, taking unnecessary risk....and for me, that's zlatan... he was also a better dribbler in his younger days, up till maybe barcelona. just my 2 cents
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:31 pm

Obviously Ibrahimovic is the most skillfull but is too big and slow to be better dribbler than aguero.
Also Lewandovski benzema they cant run past players. If theres 50m distance to the goal i would give the ball to aguero.he actually had some goals coming from center of the pitch in A.Madrid.
Simply put quickness work everytime. but flashy moves doesnt work most of the time.be it dribbling or receiving the ball or creating space to shoot or running in counter attacks. So Aguero is more useful attacker than those mentioned

Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down