rwo power
Doc
Bellabong
farfan
RealGunner
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Traditional teams like Liverpool and Milan are sorely missed in the CL - Page 2 Empty Re: Traditional teams like Liverpool and Milan are sorely missed in the CL

Post by Lucifer Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Azerbaijan?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Traditional teams like Liverpool and Milan are sorely missed in the CL - Page 2 Empty Re: Traditional teams like Liverpool and Milan are sorely missed in the CL

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:46 pm

nazimali12 wrote:
ES wrote:Taking a wild guess and saying Indonesia
where i acted like an indonesian?

Just a wild guess, lots of Indonesians are italian fans
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:47 pm

Lucifer wrote:Azerbaijan?
yes Thumbs up
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 pm

ES wrote:
nazimali12 wrote:
ES wrote:Taking a wild guess and saying Indonesia
where i acted like an indonesian?

Just a wild guess, lots of Indonesians are italian fans
i think italians always had big fanbase.biggest in the world.milan inter roma juventus fiorentina parma they had too many great teams and dominated the world in last decade. Big super stars always played there. This must be the reason
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:40 am

Lol yeah right. Sure they are. I bet the same people who agree with this are the very same people are against a Euro Super League. So much irony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:48 pm

People need to stop falling for RG's bait, dude has you hook, line and sinker.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Isn't billion million Argentinian ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Every spot in the CL is earned. No one team gets the right to be in CL just because they have a good history or can create great atmosphere. I would personally want to see teams like Liverpool and Milan in the CL more often but they aren't playing at that level currently and it's their own doing. Other clubs who are getting in are working harder than these so called giants.

Btw OP dismissal of Benfica's achievements is comical. It's like football was born after 2000 which is a joke.

Ajax are a traditional CL team and you don't mention about them, what about Celtic they too can create great atmosphere so they too have a right to be in cl don't they? What about Red Star Belgrade and their star players of the 90's? What of the great Nottingham Forest team of the 80's that won it twice? What of the Astonvilla side of the 80's that won it once.. what of Marsielle and so on...

There are so many traditional teams that teams like Chelsea PSG and Arsenal won't be match to their tradition in anyway.

This traditional bullcrap makes no sense.. every season you either put up or you shut up. End of.
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Can't wait for European nights at the King Power Stadium

nothing like hearing the King Power faithful sing "Chat Shit Get Banged"

it's what the Champions League deserves

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:48 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:People need to stop falling for RG's bait, dude has you hook, line and sinker.

I am not a bad poster, I am not a good poster, I am THE poster.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:24 am

DAE miss Nottingham Forest, Crvena Zvezda and Steaua Bucureşti?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:44 am

If you're talking about Ancelotti's Milan with some of the best players in history, then sure they're sorely missed. If you're talking about Milan now, then sorry they're not missed...at all. Same for Liverpool.

Those "traditional" teams you're referring to no longer exist. There's a reason they didn't qualify for the CL: they couldn't.

Juventus was like them not too long ago, but they picked themselves up and pulled themselves out of mediocrity. Now, you have Real Madrid fans like me disappointed they got eliminated from the Round of 16. That's how you win hearts, with hard work and determination.

And the last time I checked Liverpool lost 3-0 to Madrid at Anfield. That performance wasn't "traditional"...at all. Whereas Wolfsburg, the team you're mocking, lost 3-2 on agg. And Benfica, a European giant from Portugal, gave Bayern a proper fight and lost 3-2 on agg.

Merit is and should be the only criterion to play in the CL.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:02 am

I suppose what I find to be a shame is that the times when clubs from smaller leagues could go far in the CL / the European Cup seem to be over for good. The 2004 final between Porto and Monaco seems like an end of an era. Since then Eindhoven in 2005 and Lyon in 2010 are the only non Spanish, English, German or Italian clubs to reach the semis.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:23 am

Another well-thought-out thread from RealGunner. I agree 100%.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Art Morte wrote:I suppose what I find to be a shame is that the times when clubs from smaller leagues could go far in the CL / the European Cup seem to be over for good. The 2004 final between Porto and Monaco seems like an end of an era. Since then Eindhoven in 2005 and Lyon in 2010 are the only non Spanish, English, German or Italian clubs to reach the semis.

Considering the gap is still widening every year, yeah, I'd say these times are definitely over. I can still see France joining that group because they are a big country and PSG is bankrolled without limits but that's it.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Liverpool , Milan , Inter , Manchester United in next EL probably
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:15 pm

well this is just a UEFA plan. They wanted to boost the image of Europa League, so the teams like Liverpool, Dortmund got this season in EL and taking it seriously. Doesnt matter how many times Sevilla win the EL, no one gives a damn about it Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Hala and Jay give a damn Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:09 am

urbaNRoots wrote:DAE miss Nottingham Forest, Crvena Zvezda and Steaua Bucureşti?

Not sure about Nottingham but Red Star (Crvena Zvezda) get their talent  bought off for cheap and Steaua, or Romania for that matter, haven't been able to reproduce their Golden Era squads.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2