Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros?

+23
windkick
titosantill
breva
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
M99
Turok_TTZ
sportsczy
futbol
Kaladin
TrezeGent
Cruijf
StrugaRock
Lucifer
farfan
zigra
rwo power
Jay29
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
futbol_bill
urbaNRoots
Gil
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros? Empty Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros?

Post by Gil Wed May 11, 2016 10:30 pm

With the domestic season all but done I'm looking at the teams Germany, Belgium, France, England, Spain etc have this year and this is shaping up to be the best International tourney since Euro 08.

The French, German & Belgian teams especially are must watch television.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros? Empty Re: Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros?

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 11, 2016 10:39 pm

I love international tournaments and I'm really looking forward to it.

This one especially because Albania takes part in it for the first (and probably the last) time in history.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros? Empty Re: Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros?

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 11, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm certainly ready for it. However the games I must watch are España, I'm just a wee bit biased!   Embarassed
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 11, 2016 10:44 pm

2012 Euros were quite meh. If it's anything like 2008 though we're in for a treat.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 11, 2016 10:46 pm

All of the teams are crap so disagree tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:All of the teams are crap so disagree tbh.

Spoken by a Brit! I can understand that view when your own country has been so crappy!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 11, 2016 10:50 pm

The teams being crap is what makes football fun imo. Example: the Premier League.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 11, 2016 10:51 pm

I'm totally looking forward to the Euros! Will keep my fingers crossed for Switzerland, too cheers
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Almost as much as I was looking forward to the WC14 hmm

zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 10:57 pm

Great " I couldn't be bothered to care about anything in today's football yet i have more post than anyone in a football forum " Leader Sprucenuce with another buzzkill post . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 11, 2016 11:00 pm

He does post mostly in hub though hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed May 11, 2016 11:00 pm

rwo power wrote:I'm totally looking forward to the Euros! Will keep my fingers crossed for Switzerland, too cheers

You mean the other Albania?
Jks aside, I'd give my left liver to go in France and attend all three matches that Albania plays, first ever big tournament for us, it is a big deal to us seeing Albania up there with the best. That is how much am I looking forward to the Euros.

We are going to crash out and I know it but the fact that we are there is big of an achievement.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed May 11, 2016 11:03 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I love international tournaments and I'm really looking forward to it.

This one especially because Albania takes part in it for the first (and probably the last) time in history.

Berisha madness this summer <3.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I'm certainly ready for it. However the games I must watch are España, I'm just a wee bit biased!   Embarassed

Spain have an unbelievable squad on paper but haven't looked the same since the decline of Villa/Torres/Xavi. Also feel the rest of the powerhouses have caught up in terms of quality. For 4-6 years you easily had the best European players in the World, that isn't the case anymore.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 11, 2016 11:09 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

Spoken by a Brit! I can understand that view when your own country has been so crappy!

Yeah because that prevented me from hyping up other tournaments before Laughing

Face it, no one in Europe is any good. None of them would beat the best in South America. Because i'm not deluded doesn't take away from that fact, if it was down to England being shit i wouldn't have watched a tournament in 20 years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 11, 2016 11:12 pm

farfan wrote:

Great " I couldn't be bothered to care about anything in today's football yet i have more post than anyone in a football forum " Leader Sprucenuce with another buzzkill post . hmm

most posts in football forum? Back when i cared maybe i bet if you tallied up the football posts over the last year i would be nowhere close.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 11, 2016 11:14 pm

Come on now, no one would ever watch international football to see good football rofl
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 11, 2016 11:15 pm

StrugaRock wrote:You mean the other Albania?
Jks aside, I'd give my left liver to go in France and attend all three matches that Albania plays, first ever big tournament for us, it is a big deal to us seeing Albania up there with the best. That is how much am I looking forward to the Euros.

We are going to crash out and I know it but the fact that we are there is big of an achievement.
*g* I guess you should be happy that you can support two national teams there Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Honestly I agree with Mole on this one. All the teams in Europe are rather pathetic, and the extra teams this year make it even worse.

The football will likely not even be remotely bearable until the quarter finals. Who wants to take 2 hours out of their day to watch Hungary vs Iceland? Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed May 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Can't freaking wait!! I just hope i'm back in Europe so i can watch all games. Otherwise I will be missing all the games during the week.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 11, 2016 11:20 pm

@Cruijf
You know that Iceland almost topped their quali group and only fell to second when Turkey (who were still after the qualifying berth) defeated them while they were already safely in the Euro?

(Oh, and the Netherlands not qualifying probably has something to do with it, too Razz)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 11, 2016 11:25 pm

rwo power wrote:@Cruijf
You know that Iceland almost topped their quali group and only fell to second when Turkey (who were still after the qualifying berth) defeated them while they were already safely in the Euro?

(Oh, and the Netherlands not qualifying probably has something to do with it, too Razz)

Of course I know, I had to suffer through watching them play Holland twice Razz

And that's why I'm so pessimistic for this Euro. They are utter rubbish. It's more a testament to how bad the Dutch were that they were able to top their group, not to how good they were.

The second they play a decent team (sadly only Germany and France fall into that category) they'll get destroyed.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 11, 2016 11:27 pm

Not really, even Euro 08 was kinda boring, no team really stands out bar Germany and France maybe but hey i'd love to be wrong
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 11, 2016 11:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
farfan wrote:

Great   "  I couldn't be bothered to care about anything in today's football yet i have more post than anyone in  a football forum " Leader Sprucenuce with another buzzkill post . hmm

most posts in football forum? Back when i cared maybe i bet if you tallied up the football posts over the last year i would be nowhere close.

Gloryhunter. Newcastle in the relegation zone throughout the season and dear Mole suddenly "lost interest" in footy. rofl

I'm disappointed. And here was I thinking you were a proper people's champion. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 11:33 pm

There are no perfect teams... which is great. Makes tactics far more important so that managers will be tested.

I'll wait until a week before to get really excited. Want to see everyone get there healthy first lol.

On a side note... security is going to be a nightmare. Going to be tough on both the police and the fans. You're not going to see the rolling street parties in France like you saw for WC 98. It's unfortunate. Never seen anything like it. You walked up and down the Champs Elysees and you had fans from all over the world just having fun. One of the best experiences in my life.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next