Hapless_Hans
Unique
CBarca
Myesyats
dostoevsky
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sepp Blatter Claims UEFA Draws Rigged Empty Sepp Blatter Claims UEFA Draws Rigged

Post by dostoevsky Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 7:23

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/sepp-blatter-european-competition-draw-was-rigged-by-cooling-balls

Sepp Blatter, the disgraced former Fifa president, has claimed he witnessed the fixing of a draw for a European football competition.

Blatter, in an interview with Argentinian newspaper La Nacion, did not elaborate on which competition he believed was rigged, but said he had seen a practice whereby the balls containing team names were cooled to make their identification possible when being picked out.

Blatter said only one team had benefitted from such a practice and he distanced himself and Fifa from any involvement, instead suggesting that it had happened not on Fifa’s patch, but under European governing body Uefa’s jurisdiction.

Asked specifically by La Nacion about the draw for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, which was favourable for Argentina, Blatter said: “The draw was clean down to the last detail. I never touched the balls, something that others did.

“Of course it’s possible that they can be signalled, by heating or cooling them. It doesn’t happen in Fifa, but I’ve witnessed draws at European level where it has happened, but never in Fifa.

“Of course it can be done, but it never happened under my watch, never.”

Blatter explained how a ‘blind’ draw could be fixed, saying, “Balls are put in the freezer before the draw, at the slightest touch you can tell if the balls are hot or cold.

“By touching them you know exactly what you have.”

The Swiss, who turned 80 in March this year, is currently serving a six-year ban from all football-related activity. He is appealing the sanctions through the court of arbitration for sport.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Sepp Blatter Claims UEFA Draws Rigged Empty Re: Sepp Blatter Claims UEFA Draws Rigged

Post by Myesyats Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 7:49

Florentino Perez likes this.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Sepp Blatter Claims UEFA Draws Rigged Empty Re: Sepp Blatter Claims UEFA Draws Rigged

Post by CBarca Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 8:07

Blatter said only one team had benefitted from such a practice and he distanced himself and Fifa from any involvement, instead suggesting that it had happened not on Fifa’s patch, but under European governing body Uefa’s jurisdiction.

Blatter said only one team had benefitted from such a practice

only one team

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/florentinoperez.jpg
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 13:41

how can heating or cooling the balls help anyone in the draw. if you make the madrid ball hot a pull it out first the rest of the balls are cold so you wont know who the next ball would be so it would be no different than just picking from all cold balls :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 13:43

and also why didn't they ask blatter why he didn't report it at the time.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 13:56

Unique wrote:how can heating or cooling the balls help anyone in the draw. if you make the madrid ball hot a pull it out first the rest of the balls are cold so you wont know who the next ball would be so it would be no different than just picking from all cold balls :facepalm:

We've joked about it I think maybe last season's CL 1/16 or quarter draw? When all top teams drew small teams with the last game at home.
You heat the top teams and be sure to pick a not heated ball followed by a warm ball. The last pairing was a bit screwed up because the heat difference had vanished..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 14:52

[quote="CBarca"]

Blatter said only one team had benefitted from such a practice

only one team
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he also specify that it was an Italian side?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 14:55

the quicker this old goat gets taken out of his misery the better I say. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 15:02

Unique wrote:and also why didn't they ask blatter why he didn't report it at the time.

I guess you could read between the lines and conclude that what he's basically saying is: If I'm going down, I'm taking everybody with me.

It's a warning,a threat in disguise if you will, used by thugs and criminals when put under the knife to intimidate those who are implicated in the crime and are still in power.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:15

Of course it's rigged, just have to at Madrid path to the semis every season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:19

Blatter confirming what I already calculated to be probable, it's practically impossible for Uefadrid get easy opponent in every round, every season. Perez's tentacles have a unique grip on Uefa, referees and most of media.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:26

Here we go again Rolling Eyes
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:33

You guys still salty about the draw?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:39

@Demon/Carthage and Madrid fans

I don't think he did, but I'm just having fun with it. Banter
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:51

Blatter clearly trying to mess up a good thing we at Madrid are having.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 18:16

Barça fans rofl

Their lack of self awareness is just ridiculous , You'd think it's some other Catalan team that had one of the most corrupt presidents in recent memory , engaged in some very shady business deals in the past few years, and got some of the most outrageous refereeing calls in the history of the CL .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 18:25

This forum rofl

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 18:29

the barca and madrid fans are like a bunch of little kids Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 19:03

Hey, it's not all of us - I don't are about last seasons draw. We lost last season cause we sucked up it up at the wrong time, plain and simple, no one else to blame.

But on topic, if Blatter is claiming they have been rigging the draws for years (which means we also got helped), more than likely to help big teams get farther and increase ratings, then yes its horse shit. I don't care who got helped, I care more about the fact that they have been manipulating it
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 20:03

Flo :bow:
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 23:47

justice for harmonica :bow:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 3:53

Why are people talking about Barca fans? Linetty and I (can't speak for Linetty really) were just joking around lmao, the only other one to say anything is Harmonica and he's not really a Barca fan, he's too devoted to logic for that.

The fact you guys are taking it seriously is intriguing to me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 10:25

Yeah I was just messing around, chill out guys

Only HARMonica takes it seriously and you know... I don't think I have to say it.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 11:00

Basically confirming Uefalona(which has morphed into a two headed monster, the other head being Uefadrid now).

They manipulated draws.....you think they didn't manipulate certain matches? Think again.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 12:32

Barcelona - Real Uefadrid 15-16 (league, position)

Roma (1st, 3rd) - PSG (1st, 1st)
Leverkusen (1st, 3rd) - Shaktar (2nd - 2nd)
BATE (2nd, 1st) - Malmö (2nd, 5th)

Arsenal (1st, 2nd) - Roma (1st, 3rd)
Atletico (1st, 3rd) - Wolfsburg (1st, 8th)
- - ManC (1st, 4th)
- - Atletico (1st, 3rd)

Barcelona - Real Uefadrid 14-15 (league, position)

PSG (1st, 1st) - Liverpool (1st, 6th)
Ajax (2nd, 2nd) - Basel (2nd, 1st)
Apoel (2nd, 1st) - Ludogretz (2nd, 1st)

ManC (1st, 2nd) - Schalke (1st, 4th)
PSG (1st, 1st) - Atletico (1st, 3rd)
Bayern (1st, 1st) - Juventus (1st, 1st)
Juventus (1st, 1st) - -

The past two seasons, from 14 rounds, Real Uefadrid has had tougher opponent once than Barcelona, in group phase. When Barcelona has had 7 tougher opponents, in every ko-round. Why isn't this news blowing up on media? Because Perez co. owns them also. rofl

Last edited by Harmonica on Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 13:09; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next