Can there be an upset in French league title this season?

5 posters

Go down

Can there be an upset in French league title this season? Empty Can there be an upset in French league title this season?

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:24 am

I cant find the French league thread and thought I'd start one mine as well as I wanted to ask those familiar with and follow the league about some of the other teams this season. Teams such as Monaco and Nice are leading the way at the moment. They seem to be investing a lot and buying many players, looking promising so far. On the other hand, PSG is under the new manager and who knows if it will work out.

So this all brings to mind can there be an upset this season and another team beats PSG to the title? No matter how dominant PSG can be, we have all witnessed how huge upsets can happen Smile Also the club itself and Emery im pretty sure will want to focus on the CL more after so many consecutive league titles. Not to mention quite a few other teams Lyon and Marseille, etc., are teams like Monaco and Nice good enough? Anyone who are fans of these smaller teams who can give some insights?

Thanks.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Can there be an upset in French league title this season? Empty Re: Can there be an upset in French league title this season?

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:02 am

I believe in Lucien Favre! Can there be an upset in French league title this season? 3417265129
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Can there be an upset in French league title this season? Empty Re: Can there be an upset in French league title this season?

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:08 am

Monaco has the best chance if they stay healthy.  They have talent:  Subasic, Mendy, Sidibe, Glik, Moutinho, Silva, Bakayoko, Germain, Falcao, Lemar, Mbappe, Bochillia, etc.

Nice has talent too.  I don't believe in Lyon much however.

The issue is depth.  It would take extreme luck with injuries like Montpellier when they beat out PSG. Nobody has depth like PSG.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:16 am

In Lucien Favre, Nice have gotten a coach who can form them into a cohesive unit, and he doesn't even need big name players as he belongs to the coaches about one can say that he make players better with each training session. He has a clear vision about the tactics he wants to employ and he meticulously studies every opponent to set up his team to obtain the best possible result.

Moreover, he knows how to deal with "difficult" characters, so I'm sure he will manage to get the best out of Mario Balotelli. (He did the same with Max Kruse.)

I'm very confident he'll be able to make Nice look pretty well!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:25 am

BarcaLearning wrote:I cant find the French league thread and thought I'd start one mine as well as I wanted to ask those familiar with and follow the league about some of the other teams this season. Teams such as Monaco and Nice are leading the way at the moment. They seem to be investing a lot and buying many players, looking promising so far. On the other hand, PSG is under the new manager and who knows if it will work out.

So this all brings to mind can there be an upset this season and another team beats PSG to the title? No matter how dominant PSG can be, we have all witnessed how huge upsets can happen Smile Also the club itself and Emery im pretty sure will want to focus on the CL more after so many consecutive league titles. Not to mention quite a few other teams Lyon and Marseille, etc., are teams like Monaco and Nice good enough? Anyone who are fans of these smaller teams who can give some insights?

Thanks.
http://www.goallegacy.net/t39715p100-ligue-1-16-17-thread
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 am

Thx all, i've also looked in the Ligue thread, all update to now. Its great to have some really knowledgable guys here to help keep up with the league and happenings Smile

Yes, lets hope for a close race this season. Despite all the talent of PSG, u never know if they can gel together soon and if one of the other teams mentioned like Nice do a Leicester Very Happy

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:40 am

Yeah but the talent gap is too massive and Ligue 1 has been pillaged by the EPL at all levels... so almost all the clubs have to deal with their best players and their best young prospects leaving annually.

So everyone is dealing with cohesion problems.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:17 pm

I see... well I still hope for an upset for some reason Razz Every now and then, purely from a perspective of not wanting to see one team winning the league every year Razz

It just looks a bit likely with all the factors and happenings. If not this year when right, else we may see PSG win it again for another few years in a row Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Umm. No
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down