Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:32 pm

3.4?

How can there be such a polar difference in scores?

I have a feeling there may be an agenda from the users similar to how some games are scored because it suits the polities of the journalists, themselves.

Someone explain why its so low?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:40 pm

M99 wrote:I think this is gonna be a Metacritic 94 user score 44 type game seeing the reactions from the leaks.

lol called it

fwiw how many people actually finished this game 24 hours after release? fake news imo
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:42 pm

I imagine the rumored, feminist politics from all of the leaked material is the primary reason. The fact that they postponed it’s release could be another.

According to people who actually played the game, the politics doesn’t feel forced or obnoxious, but it’s not like that’s going to stop people from jumping to conclusions based purely on speculations in regard to early rumors and leaked footage.

You don’t even have to have played the game, in order to rate it, so review bombing is relatively common, these days.

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Yea it seems like those reviews are based on the leaks.

it will probably go up in few weeks.

I mean a game can be bad but to give it less than 10-20 is just propaganda.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:11 pm

danyjr wrote:The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 9 Tlou210
rofl

This is just neckbeards and incels with an agenda against feminists and lesbians

Nothing to see here. Next
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:24 pm

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us

original game has 9k ratings since 2013

TLOU2 has 11k ratings already Laughing

Might as well wipe and freeze user reviews for a month until no one cares any more
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:44 pm

I have no stake in this game so I looked at the user reviews.

A lot of them are panning the game's writing. There's barely any mention at all of politics.

People seem upset at the depiction of the characters and generally unsatisfying story, compared to the first game.

Most seem to agree the game looks great and the gameplay is improved from the first, but they can't get over the story.

The discrepancy between user and professional reviews isn't just "oh politics". User reviews are more extreme by nature and if one facet of the game lets them down, that's what they'll base the review on. Professional reviews feel obligated to be "fair" and therefore won't knock a game's score down if they liked most of it.

Also in this case, professional reviewers weren't allowed to talk about the second half of the game. Users are.

The perception of these types of games where the narrative is the central focus changes considerably depending on the ending. Most professional reviews never reach the end of the story and base their reviews on the first half. Most users will wait until they've finished before commenting.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:56 pm

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 9 AeDeB8b_460swp
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:01 pm

95 score vs 3.3 user score

Seems legit.

Its just a bunch of people with nothing better to do with their lives than to put in fake scores online to create outrage and feel clever.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:06 pm

I'm sure there is a negative review train going but I've been reading a lot of comments/discussions online that never even touch on the politics and instead are mostly just disappointed with the story structure and writing.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:07 pm

I don't know why you guys put so much stock in the professional review scores anyway.

It's a big budget, highly anticipated AAA title. Unless it's a total disaster like Fallout 76 and Star Wars Battlefront, it was never getting anything lower than an 8.

Actually, what's more interesting is that the sites that don't give a score at all were generally very critical of the game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Jay29 wrote:I don't know why you guys put so much stock in the professional review scores anyway.

It's a big budget, highly anticipated AAA title. Unless it's a total disaster like Fallout 76 and Star Wars Battlefront, it was never getting anything lower than an 8.

Actually, what's more interesting is that the sites that don't give a score at all were generally very critical of the game.

I put no stake in the professional reviews, I just have a hard time buying that 11k people were able to finish a 30 hour game in the 24 hours since release and make a review about it. Chances are if you dropped everything to play the game for so long you didn't hate it.

The simpler explanation is that these are users brigading the user scores without having played it, based off trailers and leaks.

So in short, neither number should mean anything to anyone, you should play the game and make up your own mind about it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Jay29 wrote:I don't know why you guys put so much stock in the professional review scores anyway.

I tend to just read through the reviews (non-critic reviews, mostly) and shape an impression of the game through them. I hardly ever seem to agree with average scores, as I think they often tend to be influenced by largely shallow or irrational perceptions of what makes a high quality game.

Sadly, it’s becoming more and more evident that a portion of the so-called professional critics accept bribes for writing pretentiously articulate, agenda-driven reviews these days, so I take those with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:57 pm

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 9 ANgz5N6_460swp
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 9 Ax90K22_460swp
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 9 A7WDRKm_460swp
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 9 AK7Vvjj_460swp

I don't want to spoil. Just play through the game, you'll notice what went wrong and I mean VERY wrong.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:00 pm

BC is right, the fact that a 28 hour game has more user reviews after 12 hours than the first game after seven years is telling. You mean to say there isn't an agenda against this game? There clearly is.

Also no, reviewers do finish a game before scoring it. They were not allowed to talk about the second half of the game BUT they were allowed to score it without elaborating on what happens. God Of War had a similar embargo, hell a lot of games have a spoiler rule like this.

Thimmy wrote:Sadly, it’s becoming more and more evident that a portion of the so-called professional critics accept bribes for writing pretentiously articulate, agenda-driven reviews these days, so I take those with a grain of salt.

No man, stop these ridiculous conspiracy theories.

M99 wrote:

@Babun don't you have to discuss superior exclusives on the PC thread rather than posting memes from incel cesspools? Btw didn't know you managed to finish the game on PC twelve hours after it only released on PS4. Damn, PC master race reaching new technological heights :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:24 pm

M99 wrote:
@Babun don't you have to discuss superior exclusives on the PC thread rather than posting memes from incel cesspools? Btw didn't know you managed to finish the game on PC twelve hours after it only released on PS4. Damn, PC master race reaching new technological heights :bow:

I bought it for my cousin (because he is 15) who anticipated the game like no tomorrow and saved up money long before the release. There is no proper school due to Corona and he won't go on holidays ( he goes two times per week just for 3 hours to get his homework). He played through the game, I don't want to spoil anything:
1. The gameplay and mechanics are absolutely fantastic, much better than LOTU I.
2. The plot was completly ruined from his perspective by Femanzis as he says.
If you're okay with femnazis shoving minorities everywhere for the greater good then the game itself shouldn't be a problem. If you're a huge sucker for the first part (the last of us I) brace yourself Very Happy
He wants to sell it after he played through no one wants it on ebay.

Last edited by Babun on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 pm

I avoid conspiracy theories like I avoid pests, but it’s no longer a suspicion or theory, at this point. Nor is it merely a grievance of a minority. Many people are aware of it, and hardly anyone cares, including me.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Babun wrote:He wants to sell it after he played through no one wants it on ebay.
This is an overstatement.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:40 pm

danyjr wrote:
Babun wrote:He wants to sell it after he played through no one wants it on ebay.
This is an overstatement.

He doesn't want to sell the game for peanuts of course. Here, the situation as of now:
https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=the+last+of+us+2&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=2750&_sop=1

He paid 70€.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:42 pm

Jeez, that is pretty bad for a game that's been out for a day.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Every industry where the reviewers rely on early access has an incentive to be "soft" on their reviews for fear of losing access.

When a car reviewer looks at the latest sports sedan from X manufacturer they sing their praises and qualify their misgivings. Then 5 years later when the next version comes out they tell you "the prior generation had all these serious issues they hoped to improve on".

That said, it doest not mean that they would rate something a 10 if it doesn't deserve it (if they felt it was bad they can get away with an 8 ) , or that there are bribes involved, or that this is agenda driven. It's purely financial.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Every industry where the reviewers rely on early access has an incentive to be "soft" on their reviews for fear of losing access.

When a car reviewer looks at the latest sports sedan from X manufacturer they sing their praises and qualify their misgivings. Then 5 years later when the next version comes out they tell you "the prior generation had all these serious issues they hoped to improve on".

That said, it doest not mean that they would rate something a 10 if it doesn't deserve it (if they felt it was bad they can get away with an Cool , or that there are bribes involved, or that this is agenda driven. It's purely financial.

Bribe may have been a poor choice of wording, but it’s certainly agenda driven, as you, yourself just pointed out.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Sure, just not a political one Smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 pm

Babun wrote:
M99 wrote:

I bought it for my cousin (because he is 15) who anticipated the game like no tomorrow and saved up money long before the release. There is no proper school due to Corona and he won't go on holidays ( he goes two times per week just for 3 hours to get his homework). He played through the game, I don't want to spoil anything:
1. The gameplay and mechanics are absolutely fantastic, much better than LOTU I.
2. The plot was completly ruined from his perspective by Femanzis as he says.
If you're okay with femnazis shoving minorities everywhere for the greater good then the game itself shouldn't be a problem. If you're a huge sucker for the first part (the last of us I) brace yourself Very Happy
He wants to sell it after he played through no one wants it on ebay.

Take your incel shit (along with your stupid sig) and shove it lmao. The existence of a certain group of people is not an agenda. Plot ruined by feminazis lmao.

For the record I have read the leaks (unavoidable, people were spoiling it everywhere). And yes, the story sounds absolute shit to me. I am still giving it a chance by actually playing through it. Most people are upset and review bombing this because of the presence of LGBTQ characters and comments like these are prime example of it.

If that makes me a cuck, then so be it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next