BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 26 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Freeza Mon 13 Apr 2020 - 21:42

There was more footage, but that despicable idiot burned down the entire building and killed animals and footage.

He didn’t want video of him murdering tigers getting out.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 13 Apr 2020 - 21:52

There was also footage that the documentarians had but avoided to make him seem more sympathetic and nuanced. Apparently from all the stuff he did none was as bad as saying the N word, which is what they chose to censor. They chose to show us Joe's best side (and even that was a pretty poor excuse for a human being) and Carol's worst for the sake of the story, and only paid lip service to the conditions the animals lived in.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 13 Apr 2020 - 22:35

BarrileteCosmico wrote:There was also footage that the documentarians had but avoided to make him seem more sympathetic and nuanced. Apparently from all the stuff he did none was as bad as saying the N word, which is what they chose to censor. They chose to show us Joe's best side (and even that was a pretty poor excuse for a human being) and Carol's worst for the sake of the story, and only paid lip service to the conditions the animals lived in.

Pretty clear the after show episode with Joel McHale that came out yesterday (?) was meant to clarify from Netflix’s side how terrible he was. It was basically all the other characters telling us how he was a terrible, evil human.

I’m still baffled by how many thought, after viewing the doc, he was an innocent and sympathetic man.

It’s like a real life version of the Walter White fetishising
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 15:55

The Last Kingdom S4 is now out. Nice.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed 29 Apr 2020 - 4:47

Just finished it. That was a damn good binge.

As always with this show, this season was excellent. It had a whole lot of everything.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:30

Is it better than Vikings? My brother praised it aswell but I was hesitant to go into it because i love Vikings too much and its basically the same theme only from the perspective of the english, right?

Nvm I just saw S4 trailer and it looks great. Will start watching right after I finish Ozark. still 8 episodes to go
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 29 Apr 2020 - 15:44

It's not as good as early Vikings but better than late Vikings, IMO
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed 29 Apr 2020 - 16:47

Agreed with BC. Early Vikings is hard to surpass.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 4:48

Binged Ozark S3 today.

Final 3 episodes were fucking bonkers. What a season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 5 May 2020 - 17:04

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 5 May 2020 - 21:21

Michael is back ffs :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 10 May 2020 - 14:37

Finished Afterlife season 2. More of the same really but a good watch. Such a difficult concept to pull through. The final episode though ffs. Gervais is great when he is in form.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 13 May 2020 - 2:51

McLewis wrote:Binged Ozark S3 today.

Final 3 episodes were fucking bonkers. What a season.

Agreed, such a leap of quality from S2. The show has finally started coming out from the shadow of Breaking Bad

And speaking of leaps... The Last Kingdom S4 was noticeably weaker than the previous ones. Still very bingeable but I think too much time was spent on bad arcs, and a number of characters kept making decisions that didn't seem true to them. Still looking forward to S5 though, hoping they right the ship.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 15 May 2020 - 0:57

It's a Disney+ thing, but I guess this thread should basically just be the streaming platform thread at this point.

They're making a Percy Jackson series on Disney+ with the involvement of the writer who absolutely loathes the terrible movies.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 15 May 2020 - 2:17

Netflix, Amazon and Disney+ thread?

or streaming platform thread

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 15 May 2020 - 12:13

RealGunner wrote:Netflix, Amazon and Disney+ thread?

or streaming platform thread

The former I guess hmm

Streaming platform thread sounds dry as hell
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 15 May 2020 - 12:31

Does Disney+ even make shows that GL is interested in? They target a much younger audience. Only thing people watched here is Mandalorian
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 15 May 2020 - 12:57

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Does Disney+ even make shows that GL is interested in? They target a much younger audience. Only thing people watched here is Mandalorian

Marvel shows, Multiple Star Wars shows, Percy Jackson can be fun. There’s gonna be plenty tbh. There also going to be HBO’s expansion that’ll lead to a lot of new content.

It was more a suggestion of centralising that discussion since it's kind of blurring the lines between belonging in a tv or a movie thread.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri 15 May 2020 - 13:32

The shite Star Wars sequels and Percy Jackson is certainly not what i would watch on Disney+ Laughing

More like Lion King, Mulan, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis etc. I bet they are still enjoyable films.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 15 May 2020 - 13:38

Warrior wrote:The shite Star Wars sequels and Percy Jackson is certainly not what i would watch on Disney+ Laughing

More like Lion King, Mulan, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis etc. I bet they are still enjoyable films.

I’m not speaking about already existing stuff.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri 15 May 2020 - 13:48

It changes nothing in the sense that i'd not be looking forward to these

Marvel i have nothing against. At some point they started producing an abusive amount of content, i have like 30 films and 15 series to catch up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 17 May 2020 - 3:11

Been watching The Office UK here n there.

Never ever seen a cringe comedy like this in my life.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 17 May 2020 - 3:14

RealGunner wrote:Been watching The Office UK here n there.

Hello Ladies is pretty cringe too. Stephen Merchant in general is the king of cringe
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 17 May 2020 - 3:21

Man i literally have to cover my eyes at times. Michael Scott redeems himself eventually. David brent goes 2 steps deeper. Amazing in his own way.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 17 May 2020 - 3:44

Another shout is Nathan For You. It's very cringe, but for some reason it's cringe in a way that I don't have to pause every five seconds.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 17 May 2020 - 9:47

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Been watching The Office UK here n there.

Hello Ladies is pretty cringe too. Stephen Merchant in general is the king of cringe
Hello Ladies I couldn't actually bear to watch through, too cringey lmao.
I made multiple attempts to continue as it's really good but it was to unpleasant

Guess it depends what stuff the viewer themselves has a capacity of being deeply ashamed about. Hello Ladies resonated with me Laughing

btw, tried to watch some Netflix stuff for simple entertainment yesterday, Into The Night. Netflix original productions really are THE WORST. Exceptions proving the rule.
Some of the stuff they put out is just so shockingly poor. It's like they give every clown out of a film school money for the first idea they wrote on a paper.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next