RealGunner
zigra
Jay29
Katy Perry
S
47 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

All Star Referee Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 9 - Page 40 Empty Re: All Star Referee Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 9

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Firmino will come good. Wait for it. He's been playing on the left wing where he is shite. He's in their because of his off-the-ball work.

But GL and you only want goals and assists and 8/10 on the ball performances, We Liverpool fans tend to watch how he fits into the system. Smile

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

All Star Referee Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 9 - Page 40 Empty Re: All Star Referee Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 9

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Ive just concluded that Man C wont win the title :*( Pep's stubbornness is just too extreme for any hope of changes for the good enough to win it this season.

So I'm now hoping for Spurs to win it for some reason Razz They got the manager, the players, they are second, the are beating the top teams, and as long as they stay consistently good, get the points vs the weaker teams, and get rid of the bottlers mentality, they can well do it I feel Razz

GO SPURS! Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:51 pm

They might win the league, but I highly doubt it. I wouldn't completely rule it out though because anything is possible in football.

But every time I start considering them as title contenders along with Arsenal, I remember the golden opportunity they had last year to win it, and which they both bottled.

They could win it this year, but they need to stay consistent until the very end.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Calma with the Spurs talk.

Chelsea still needs to be pegged back.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:10 pm

EG always be like United need to get smashed, Liverpool need to get smashed, Spurs need to get smashed, Chelsea needs to get pegged back...

But Arsenal doesn't do shit ever sadly.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:29 pm

3 months unbeaten and 4 pts from 4th rofl

All Star Referee Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 9 - Page 40 Bf2f6ec0e1e1e8f8eee790e3ee80d62d

I still think we'll manage 4th but anything other than that would be unreal, we needed teams to drop  more points during this run we were on

Hope Spurs win the league now and smash City next week
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:31 pm

Firenze, no disrespect my friend, but for the money you spent and the reputation your club has in world football, you should be aiming for the title, not a top four finish.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:34 pm

United rofl
160m still need a squad overhaul rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:40 pm

God we've been awful since the start of November, I thought with this winning run United has been on they would have overtaken us by now rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:45 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Firenze, no disrespect my friend, but for the money you spent and the reputation your club has in world football, you should be aiming for the title, not a top four finish.

no argument from me, I think the title is out of reach for everyone though, don't see Chelsea slipping up much now. Conte has got them playing like a machine.

I just want to get back into the CL after missing out on GD last year, anything else is a bonus.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Spurs have City and Liverpool in the next 4 games so they'll likely drop from 2nd but I got to say they both look very beatable right now. I'd say Spurs are likely to get at least 3 points from those 2. Might be different once Liverpool gets their starters back though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:51 am

Just rewatched the Ibra goal from today 20 times. Absolutely phenomenal technique there. Such a world class player. Almost shocked how he scored since the angle and how he had to adjust his body and direct the header was absurd.

Joint topscorer now.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:21 am

Yea that was an elite finish.

Surprised how important he has been for United, or maybe I shouldn't be because it's just United. Regardless, he has proven to be one of the signing of the season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:24 am

Thoughts? Agree/disagree?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 am

I actually agree with Scholes, Hargreaves and Savage, shockingly enough Laughing

Players have short careers that can end very easily so if the opportunity to make more money and have more success comes along they have to seriously consider taking it. I think the hate that players receive for being disloyal or for leaving a club is completely unfair on the player and shows the level of misunderstanding between fan and player. Fans forget that football is a job. We can mock players for moving to China but they're going to be earning enough money that their great grandchildren won't have to work. That's some incentive.

Now I do think players should conduct themselves in a professional manner. I don't agree with Payet telling West Ham he'll never play for them again and players going on strike. But then, this is a result of players being a tradeable asset for clubs. This is what makes football fundamentally different to all the other jobs mentioned in that debate. If you want to leave your boiler company and work for a better one you just hand in your resignation and leave for nothing. In football unless you run your contract down clubs won't just let you leave.

Fans have this weird sense of entitlement as well where they think certain players somehow owe them something. West Ham invested a lot of money in Payet and he delivered a great season that propelled them up the table. He had a great Euros and could have easily manufactured a move that summer, when he was red hot. That he passed up that opportunity and stayed on for a second season is his loyalty.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:24 pm

IMO, players are the first ones to be victim of unloyalty (or so perceived) by the fans/club who are extremely fast to turn their back on them whenever they stop performing and call for their heads.

And like J29 said, players rightfully seek the well-being and the comfort of themselves and their families first and foremost. Even in the nowadays rare cases of one club men, it's not like players weren't paid extremely high or the club's achievements were well above the player's aspirations or quality.

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=40237
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40