Luca
Firenze
Lucifer
S
Hapless_Hans
49 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ranieri's Dream Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Ranieri's Dream Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 11

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Hey look it's 89 minutes played and still 0-0

future BVB coach Wagner doing quite well with Huddersfield it seems hmm

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Ranieri's Dream Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Ranieri's Dream Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 11

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:57 pm

That was a very strong City side. And people think they are gonna comfortably get past Monaco rofl

oh, Leicester lost to Millwall too.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:03 pm

I actually think Ranieri must be sacked ASAP

What a thing to write, and to do
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Firenze wrote:That was a very strong City side. And people think they are gonna comfortably get past Monaco rofl

I think Monaco are favourites tbh. City are the perfect team for them, high line and their defensive shape isn't the best.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Firenze wrote:That was a very strong City side. And people think they are gonna comfortably get past Monaco rofl

70 minutes of Nolito and Navas on the wings is a strong team? Stronger duo of wingers on Championship teams. And a midfield of Fernandinho-Fernando-Delph rofl

Lucky for United that the derby for March 1st will now probably get pushed back to April.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:09 pm

jibers wrote:

I think Monaco are favourites tbh. City are the perfect team for them, high line and their defensive shape isn't the best.

Stop it with the embarrassing nonsense. Monaco? FAVOURITES against Pep's City?
Please Laughing

This is Pep we're talking about. He's never gone out before semis. Who the hell are Monaco?
Ridiculous stuff.
People losing all common sense when talking about Pep.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:11 pm

yes, that's a strong side and absolutely has enough quality to get past Huddersfield. But you're utter shite.

Monaco will win both legs by 4 goals on aggregate.

Hans, I agree. I mentioned it before, such a weird situation but Ranieri doesn't seem to be able to turn the ship around. He has to go, can never take away his exploits from last season and he's going into the history books forever for Leicester and in the PL for it but he's gotta go. I think they'll wait to see if he can get past Sevilla (lol) first.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:12 pm

He can actually go out before a semis with this team tbh. City is nowhere as good as his Barcelona or Bayern side. Also, his first full season in charge so I personally would cut him some slack even if he doesn't.

ES won't though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:13 pm

If he goes out now and misses out on CL qualification he should be sacked. And fully agree with Doc, you cannot compare Bayern and Barca to this City side.

Pellegrini >
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 pm

As if Monaco had any chance against City.

@Firenze I would have thought you of all people understand the strength of the Mule League is not to be compared with Ligue Meh
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
jibers wrote:

Stop it with the embarrassing nonsense. Monaco? FAVOURITES against Pep's City?
Please Laughing

This is Pep we're talking about. He's never gone out before semis. Who the hell are Monaco?
Ridiculous stuff.
People losing all common sense when talking about Pep.

Nothing to do with Pep Hans. I'm just basing it off playing styles. City suffer a lot with transition teams and teams that attack through the channels, which is what Monaco do. They are a team that excels in transitions. I'm not saying that they are overwhelming Favourites sort of like a 55-45 ish number.

If City win no big deal, but just wouldn't be surprised if Monaco do it. Then again a lot of these players haven't played on this level whereas Cty have the players that experienced the SF last year. We will see. Should be an interesting tie.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:27 pm

City will win this easily. They haven't actually struggled that much. Apart from Tottenham in fall and Everton in January, they were the far better even when they dropped points.

People think the Chelsea win was a triumph of Conte's stlye against Pep's when in reality it was just pure dumb luck.

Even the away game trouble that @CBarca mentions, I'm not sure it's that much of an issue when the away game is the second game.
Pep's away game 'weakness' stems from his attempt to play it safe and have a controlled first game and result, which is couple with a slower play which is somewhat counterproductive to the successful functioning of his high intensity style.
But that's usually mediocre first game results (draws and such).

Should they need an aggressive approach in the away game after a lukewarm first result, that will not be to City's detriment in that game, They can dominate Monaco also away from home easily.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Oh fk, looks like Man C's season's hopes are really finished since Jesus got injured, same thing last season when De Bruyne got injured Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:City will win this easily. They haven't actually struggled that much. Apart from Tottenham in fall and Everton in January, they were the far better even when they dropped points.

People think the Chelsea win was a triumph of Conte's stlye against Pep's when in reality it was just pure dumb luck.

Even the away game trouble that @CBarca mentions, I'm not sure it's that much of an issue when the away game is the second game.
Pep's away game 'weakness' stems from his attempt to play it safe and have a controlled first game and result, which is couple with a slower play which is somewhat counterproductive to the successful functioning of his high intensity style.

Should they need an aggressive approach in the away game after a lukewarm first result, that will not be to City's detriment in that game, They can dominate Monaco also away from home easily.

City should have been like 4-0, 3-0 if im being generous against Chelsea by HT. De Bruyne and Aguero missing sitters. That has been their problem. Add the Everton game at home and the Soton game, City really should have done better. Hans it all depends how City controls the counter attacks. If they manager that and stop Monaco from transitioning they could be comfortable as you said. That's my main issue with them. Also if they don't take their chances in the first half, the players are usually shattered by the 2nd half and so when they keep pushing there is more space to be punished. Big difference is at Barcelona and Bayern, the players killed off games.

Then again Monaco players have no experience at this level so that could be the actual main difference rather than tactics.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:City will win this easily. They haven't actually struggled that much. Apart from Tottenham in fall and Everton in January, they were the far better even when they dropped points.

Burnley? Leicester? Middlesboro? Celtic? Gladbach? Check again you moron before running your mouth

Hapless_Hans wrote:People think the Chelsea win was a triumph of Conte's stlye against Pep's when in reality it was just pure dumb luck.

It is, that style enabled them to get 3 goals away from home. You can blame De Bacteria's misses all you want but the fact of the matter is they scored 3 goals.

Hapless_Hans wrote:Even the away game trouble that @CBarca mentions, I'm not sure it's that much of an issue when the away game is the second game.

Pep's away record is atrocious whether you like it or not, the guy can't beat *bleep* Celtic away to save his life, what makes you think he has the upperhand since its the return leg? Because he drew Juve away last season?

Hapless_Hans wrote:Should they need an aggressive approach in the away game after a lukewarm first result, that will not be to City's detriment in that game, They can dominate Monaco also away from home easily.

Pep and aggressive Laughing, what's next Mourinho and possession football? Take a hike, one of the biggest cowards today going aggressive, lawl, shame he wasn't aggressive enough in his application of hair products
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Blatant penalty denied against Wolves. Nothing to see here.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Kommander Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:05 pm

I swear this forum is filled with Guardiola fan boys. The man has shown he is a fraud without elite players. At Bayern he went to a team that wins the league by default. Even the perennial league flop Carlo is topping their league!

Guardiola needs other teams to not have parity to succeed.
El Kommander
El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Chelsea have struggled a bit against Hull but Pedro has just put them ahead.

The quarter-final is going to be stacked.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:06 pm

'De Bacteria' rofl rofl rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Wait a minute, City drew against Huddersfield? rofl

FRAUD rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Didn't want the team having two weeks without a game so the replay covers the the vacant week.

He sees things other mere mortals can never see.

Pep :bow: :bow:

Even when we losedraw we win cheers
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Ranieri's Dream Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 11 - Page 33 C5CFfrFWQAAlA8l
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm not really sure why I'm getting mentioned for Pep's away game record, I feel like it being terrible is a well known fact that I haven't brought to light but actively try to hide tbh. But I don't mind being the face of all things Pep if that's what it means Smile

As for the actual tie, I pretty much fully agree with jibers. I struggle to call Monaco favorites but I think they're pretty close to even with City, which, since jibers was saying they're only slight favorites, means we pretty much agree. This Monaco team is no joke and City have to take them seriously. As jibers said, they're the perfect team to counter Pep's style, and City are not there yet at all with where Pep wants them to be.

It will be a fun tie with Pep's visionary tactics leading City through
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Thoughts?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:12 pm

CBarca wrote:I'm not really sure why I'm getting mentioned for Pep's away game record, I feel like it being terrible is a well known fact that I haven't brought to light but actively try to hide tbh. But I don't mind being the face of all things Pep if that's what it means Smile

As for the actual tie, I pretty much fully agree with jibers. I struggle to call Monaco favorites but I think they're pretty close to even with City, which, since jibers was saying they're only slight favorites, means we pretty much agree. This Monaco team is no joke and City have to take them seriously. As jibers said, they're the perfect team to counter Pep's style, and City are not there yet at all with where Pep wants them to be.

It will be a fun tie with Pep's visionary tactics leading City through

I thought it was you that talked about Pep's away game complex recently here or in a related thread.
If it wasn't, I want to apologize to you for the confusion.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Spurs 2-0 at Fulham and very comfortable. Kane has scored both goals.

The quarter-final draw is this evening after the Blackburn/United game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next