guest7
Winter is Coming
Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 33 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:16 pm

No i don't man !!! Messi vs Ronaldo this debate is over for me

It's not over in Ronaldo's mind... that's my whole point in fact

You think it's strictly a financial decision, i think it's oversimplified and there is more to it than just a couple of millions. His salary is not even his only income... but it has symbolic value

Perez hurt him by not giving a raise meanwhile Messi would get his raise without question. Also he was not backed for the tax fraud scandal. He felt treated as inferior and started looking elsewhere. The latter point was in public news actually

If i was billionnaire, i swear i would not change my life for 10 more millions. Unless i have a personal objective within reach it would make zero sense.

PSG offered him 45 millions salary in 2018 but they had FFP problems.
Milan (another great narrative) had an agreement in summer 2017 which collapsed, source Mirabelli himself. Juve was the easiest negotiation we gave him the moon right away. But it changes nothing we talk of Cristiano Ronaldo he will find whatever ways to achieve his ambition. That's how i perceive him.

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 33 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:57 am

This whole discussion is so stupid. Bill is on the money, literally. Ronaldo wanted a new challenge and/or a raise, same with Messi, neither got it and moved on. It’s really not a big deal lol, both are aging, there’s really no need to bring fanboyism into this. That’s business, and football became a business a long time ago.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:39 am

It deviated oh well, sorry to waste your precious time bud, anyways i am not convinced

Especially not because "that's business" Ronaldo's brand and image is also a business and he makes career choices accordingly. It goes beyond just his salary as footballer come on now.

There was also something i read about image rights retained by Madrid. How much is it worth ? surely equivalent to a big fat raise

But you are right it's a pointless discussion i regret to have insisted
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:49 am

Warrior wrote:No i don't man !!! Messi vs Ronaldo this debate is over for me

It's not over in Ronaldo's mind... that's my whole point in fact

You think it's strictly a financial decision, i think it's oversimplified and there is more to it than just a couple of millions. His salary is not even his only income... but it has symbolic value

Perez hurt him by not giving a raise meanwhile Messi would get his raise without question. Also he was not backed for the tax fraud scandal. He felt treated as inferior and started looking elsewhere. The latter point was in public news actually

If i was billionnaire, i swear i would not change my life for 10 more millions. Unless i have a personal objective within reach it would make zero sense.

PSG offered him 45 millions salary in 2018 but they had FFP problems.
Milan (another great narrative) had an agreement in summer 2017 which collapsed, source Mirabelli himself. Juve was the easiest negotiation we gave him the moon right away. But it changes nothing we talk of Cristiano Ronaldo he will find whatever ways to achieve his ambition. That's how i perceive him.

Not only this but the club was also taking 40% of his imagerights negotiated down from the initial 50% whereas Messi and the rest of the world got 100% of theirs. If Ronaldo doesn't have one of the piranhas as his agents i think he stays in the end. He was actually very loved in those latter years, the affection he so craved for but the affection Juve showed him coupled with how he perceived the club had handled his finances compared to his peers was the deal breaker
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Seems pretty obvious to me that Perez judged CR had reached a point of no return regarding his valuation and if he waited any longer he would only get peanuts for him, so he sold him. It was the right call.

It's what Bart should've done regarding Messi when he requested to leave. Difference is Perez is competent whereas Bart is the opposite of that.

in fairness if bart simpson had sold messi, the fans and club would crucify him as the guy who let messi go, and since the money gained may do a bit to cover up what the world realized about their debts he would never fully get credit for that. the media will do their thing and vilify him. bart isnt the only one responsible. the fans, the media and messi encouraged him to make a bunch of the expensive signings he made to give messi optimum supporting cast in his latter years (that was how many in the media phrased it)....bart did all that for y'all.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:51 pm

Casciavit wrote:None of them were proven at the time of hiring. Only Pep is generally considered world class from that list. Do people even consider Luis Enrique world class?
World class? No but he is a very good coach/manager.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:21 pm

With CR and Madrid, it was a power struggle with Perez that led to his sale... CR was becoming bigger and more powerful than Perez and Perez' ego couldn't accept that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:38 pm

Forget I ever said anything ffs Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:50 pm

titosantill wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Seems pretty obvious to me that Perez judged CR had reached a point of no return regarding his valuation and if he waited any longer he would only get peanuts for him, so he sold him. It was the right call.

It's what Bart should've done regarding Messi when he requested to leave. Difference is Perez is competent whereas Bart is the opposite of that.

in fairness if bart simpson had sold messi, the fans and club would crucify him as the guy who let messi go, and since the money gained may do a bit to cover up what the world realized about their debts he would never fully get credit for that. the media will do their thing and vilify him. bart isnt the only one responsible. the fans, the media and messi encouraged him to make a bunch of the expensive signings he made to give messi optimum supporting cast in his latter years (that was how many in the media phrased it)....bart did all that for y'all.
I don't think so, but even if they did crucify him he ended up crucified anyways, so might as well have done what's better for the club, no?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:52 pm

Warrior is absolutely spot on, Messi is living free rent in this guy’s head and if you guys can’t see it, there’s a problem

I always sympathize with Giggity when he defends CR to the end of the world (get over it mate, he’s not even close to Lionel at playing football), but, @sports trying with every post to hit Perez in the face is funny, especially since his stance on CR is well known and his recent problem with Flo is also well known. What’s even funnier is you playing the little guy’s part while dressed in a PSG shirt, cheering for Al Khelaifi to save football. Can’t make this up Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:With CR and Madrid, it was a power struggle with Perez that led to his sale... CR was becoming bigger and more powerful than Perez and Perez' ego couldn't accept that.

In what world would Cristiano become more powerful than a billionaire who controls Madrid's socios like puppets? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:10 pm

farfan wrote:
sportsczy wrote:With CR and Madrid, it was a power struggle with Perez that led to his sale...  CR was becoming bigger and more powerful than Perez and Perez' ego couldn't accept that.

In what world would Cristiano become more powerful than a billionaire who controls Madrid's socios like puppets? Laughing

lucky us Flo couldn’t cope with CR the same Bart did with Messi Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:43 pm

Flo has been amazing in his second term. the first was bad specially selling likes of Makelele and buying all those attacking superstars.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:25 am

Has he even clapped his own supporters since he has worn a United shirt? I have seen him walk 4 times down the tunnel in the past 7 games now while Klopp wants the team to celebrate even a 2-2 draw while being 8th. This guy as good as he might be for Real, literally seems like a shit rat to me right now, I hope his fans can help me understand his behavior at United regardless of his background and history because he seems so toxic right now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:11 am

GL could be dead, but there will always be a CR7-Messi debate somewhere performing defibrillation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:13 am

sportsczy wrote:With CR and Madrid, it was a power struggle with Perez that led to his sale... CR was becoming bigger and more powerful than Perez and Perez' ego couldn't accept that.

So we just ignoring Old man Bill's more grounded explanation on what could be the most plausible reason to Ronaldo's exit?

Also, be more "powerful" than the man actually running the day to day operations of the club who was voted in by yes men socios? The same man that had the laws of being the club president changed? Perez?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:11 am

Cat on the table?

20-21 ManU 2nd -12p
21-21 CrManU 7th -19p

20-21 CrJuve 4th -13p
21-21 Juve 5th -12p

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:10 am

Ronaldo even at his prime wasn't a good sole striker. how are they playing a weakened stiff 37 year old version of him as sole striker is beyond me.
people who manage United are stupid.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:30 am

All of PSG, Juve and Man Utd were naive in thinking these semi-retirees in Messi and Ronaldo will elevate them to new heights. Their 50 goal seasons are behind them. Harmonica traveling across various threads desperately trying to defend and prove Messi is still producing the most progressive passes is a sorry sight. Legends do indeed fade.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:45 am

i'll still give Messi the entire 2022 before i make such a conclusive judgment @Myesyats sure he's obviously showing his age, but there's fair excuses for him (first time outside his comfort zone, QSG really never have played like a team in their existence - bad chemistry). So Messi still has the CL and the 2022 WC left to show us he still has some impactful magic in him

as for Ronaldo we know what he is at this point, poach a goal here and there and take his shirt off.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:59 am

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 33 Downlo10
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Myesyats wrote:All of PSG, Juve and Man Utd were naive in thinking these semi-retirees in Messi and Ronaldo will  elevate them to new heights. Their 50 goal seasons are behind them. Harmonica traveling across various threads desperately trying to defend and prove Messi is still producing the most progressive passes is a sorry sight. Legends do indeed fade.
20-21 FC Messi 3rd -7p
21-21 Barsa 7th -18p +out of CL

20-21 PSG 2nd -1p
21-21 MesSG 1st +13p

hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:11 pm

Compare PSG's stats with and without Messi this season hmm
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:56 pm

Myesyats wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 33 Downlo10

we need this emoji on GL rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:57 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 33 Downlo10

we need this emoji on GL rofl

Factos👍👀
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:35 am

I'll be that guy to remind whomever liked Harmonica's poorly researched post that Ronaldo was very much there when Utd was 2nd on 12 points being the team's (joint) leading scorer (still is their leading scorer)...in September.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next