Firenze
S
Lucifer
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
17 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Any video of AJ-Nakamura showdown?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 pm

I found some gifs hmm

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/876632217098878976

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/876631453601280001

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:52 pm

bah gawd :bow:

They need to main even next WM ffs. Inb4 Goldberg Vs Kane
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 pm

This year's WM put me off for life tbh, fully accepted it's going to be part timers vs Shield for my entire life.

And Stories and matches which makes sense and entertaining will be completely ignored.

Like for example Joe vs Cena was supposed to happen, but nah gotta get a mixed tag team match doe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:21 pm

He's so honest lol.

https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/876897374429302785

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 pm

Agreed, need larger than life personalities imo. Best way to present personalities is through TV show esque segments with larger than life cool characters like Broken Matt Hardy. Where's my millions of dollars. hmm

In combat sports, personalities are what draw. Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao was one of the worst boxing matches I’ve ever seen, but millions of people watched it because of the personalities involved.

I think changing that dynamic and highlighting the personalities is something we really need to do. Now, I don’t know how we do it. I think if anybody has a magic answer of what the best way is to present personalities in this modern day of television, they’d make millions of dollars, so I may not have the answer.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 pm

The whole thing about the product is really interesting and I can't really disagree with any of it.

“I think a change of presentation is absolutely necessary. I think the way that we present our superstars probably needs to change. Years ago they went through with this idea of having as much live stuff as possible on the shows, but I think when you watch say UFC for example, some of the things that are the most endearing, that make you care the most about the fighters are these backstage vignettes that get to show their real personality. You’ll see great fights that people will cheer maybe because they’re great fights, but the fights that have the most impact are the ones with fighters who people actually care about.

I think one of the things that really endeared me to people was that people got to view more aspects of my personality than most because of the different things that I did within WWE. Seeing performers frustrated and being able to show that on TV and being able to show their experiences, their reactions to what’s happening to them on the show and doing backstage vignettes. There was a great one on NXT about Roderick Strong recently about being a new dad and all of that kind of stuff.

Since I’ve been gone, they’ve been doing some really fun stuff with the Fashion Police. Not that there needs to be more of that exact kind of stuff, but it helps people get to know their personalities.

I think one of our failings on SmackDown Live was American Alpha. They’re great and on NXT they did all of these fun little interview segments with the two of them that got to show the people behind American Alpha. (They saw) who Chad Gable is, who Jason Jordan is. I’d like to do more of that kind of stuff.

In combat sports, personalities are what draw. Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao was one of the worst boxing matches I’ve ever seen, but millions of people watched it because of the personalities involved.

I think changing that dynamic and highlighting the personalities is something we really need to do. Now, I don’t know how we do it. I think if anybody has a magic answer of what the best way is to present personalities in this modern day of television, they’d make millions of dollars, so I may not have the answer.”
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Also he must be the only one who gives no *bleep* because he knows Vince won't fire him lol.

No one else that works for the WWE would be that honest.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also he must be the only one who gives no *bleep* because he knows Vince won't fire him lol.

No one else that works for the WWE would be that honest.

The moment he is fired he is going to NJPW/CMLL. Hell, he he is probably going there when his contract expires anyway.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:40 pm

That's exactly why he won't fire him and will try to keep him under contract as long as possible.

Thing is Bryan knows it and uses it at every turn, the way he acts so natural on Talking Smack compared to every other corporate robot is palpable.

Same case her really, no other under contract WWE employee would be saying these things.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Makes a good point here too. A match doesn't need good workrate for it to be enjoyable. The storytelling, psychology and characters is what keeps you invested / glued to the match. A good example of that is Punk/Cena MITB 2011. After an amazing build up, you just want to know how the story's going to play out. Will Punk walk out with the title? The tension and suspense makes you watch the match to find out. The amount of cool spots or moves there were in the match doesn't really matter imo.

You’ll see great fights that people will cheer maybe because they’re great fights, but the fights that have the most impact are the ones with fighters who people actually care about.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:54 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:59 pm

I'd argue most wrestlers are capable of all that tbh.

At least the storytelling and psychology part anyway, can't think of one "work rate"  heavy guy who are not great psychologists or at telling in ring stories.

The issue is the build is bad most of the time so you have to build excitement of the match story and psychology alone, of course Bryan is right though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:03 am

Like what most people said Wrestling is best when you blur the lines of reality and fiction. I guess you could say its suspension of disbelief
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 am

M99 wrote:@RealGunner @ES

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:47 am

M99 wrote:I actually prefer the US education system, its more pressure but imo its better. I actually feel that I am learning stuff more, whereas UK system its more memorize for a standardized test and forget everything after exams. I also like the flexibility with electives and especially how you can decide your major after two years of college if you want to. I have to say the GCSE O Levels/A Levels is outdated as f now, it is retarded that you basically choose what you want your career to be at age 16.

Yes the choices I made at 16 still bite me in the ass because I didn't even know I was going to Uni

Contacted a good but not top 3 Uni for Economics telling them I had got distinctions on 45/45 of my graded units at college (Equivalent to A*AA) Plus a BTEC level 3 in business at level 3 plus I offered to do A level maths as well which i'd obviously get an A in and they told me even with that i'd still not get accepted because I didn't do a 'science' subject at A level..

So despite having enough grades to get into Oxbridge for non maths based courses, I get refused there because I didn't pick Biology or something at 16 to do...... economics Laughing

Schools nationwide give you zero guidance on the decisions, they just slap a basic list of subjects down and ask you to pick 4. Even worse, my Secondary school didn't do A levels so I had to find a new school amidst trying to pick subjects with zero guidance.

Still bitter af. Should've just studied Law at a top uni ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:26 am

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:39 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 21 Tumblr_orttucRhYW1u1ljrzo1_540
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Finally. :bow:

Enzo needs a singles run so he can improve his in ring ability and have better feuds imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:01 pm

What's more likely to happen is Enzo has little to no TV time and Cass will get a midcard push.

Also Braun is back :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=belQZOqO02g

Also by Reigns standards this is a good promo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjaQqmahWRA

The PPV has two matches i want to watch now hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Cass will be pushed hard, remember Vince likes him, he might be more up on the card than you think maybe less than Strowman
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:11 pm

ES wrote:Cass will be pushed hard, remember Vince likes him, he might be more up on the card than you think maybe less than Strowman

He likes him yes, but not more than Strowman, Reigns, Rollins, Balor or Bray.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:14 pm

He was also considering giving Cass a singles run around the same time last year, i think he's going to be give a lot of liberties, to say the least
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Enzo will be a comedy jobber on superstars while Cass gets a monster heel push. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:34 pm

ES wrote:

One of the worst heel turns i have seen.

That Roman promo is actually really good. They have started to give him Cena lines now.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:52 pm

Cmon RG that wasnt bad, Enzo crying, audience booing and buying into it, it was good
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next