Arquitecto
Winter is Coming
Freeza
M99
S
56 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 24 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Fri May 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Also, what the *bleep* happened with FFP?

Is there NOTHING left of it?

How can City keep spending and spending like that. Their revenue sure hasn't increased accordingly
not sure how they did it but city are now making unreal money. the arabs know how to pull strokes when it comes to money.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 24 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Glory Fri May 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Firenze wrote:Silva to city would be a kick in the teeth. He is what we need @Glory

our current AM options can't create a sandwich between them besides Mata who can't be relied on all the time due to injuries and inconsistencies

Silva would have helped get the best out of Mkhi too IMO

plus he will cost about the same as James Flopriguez

So City are getting Silva & Fabinho from Monaco? ffs

watch us end up with Griezmann, Matic and James for like 200M combined, far better alternatives out there, although we could do a lot worse than those 3

as long as we don't get bent over for James I'll take him though, anything more than 35-40m and it's terrible

We dont need an AM mate. Pogba is >> most AMs playing today anyway. And to get the best out of him we need to give him the license to roam. We were creating more than enough this season and if not for our shit finishing, it would have shown more. Paying 70 m for either Hames or Silva would have been a crap move for us, especially with Mourinho in charge. And the reason I prefer Hames is because he is a goalscorer and we have problems scoring goals.
Silva looks a quality player and would work very well for City, but had he come to United he would have failed/not gotten opportunity.

We wont buy Matic. No way. I can't see Mou going for any Chelsea players for that matter.
Griezmann if he comes, will hopefully play on the wing (sigh)

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Bernardo's best position is actually on the right, not AM.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 26, 2017 2:09 pm

farfan wrote:Bernardo's best position is actually on the right, not AM.

Yeah, I think Pep wants to upgrade on Sterling. Then again, Pep played Douglas Costa as AM in his 4-1-4-1 for us.

In any case, I'm a bit butthurt as I think Bernardo would be one of very few players around who could actually help us in our quest to find successors to Robbéry.
And he would be much more affordable than the comparable players.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri May 26, 2017 2:15 pm

A lot of these Monaco players seem good in multiple positions. Which is why they're probably Pep's wet dream. Can't wait to see Fabinho replacing Bravo.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 26, 2017 2:21 pm

City selling silva?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Should be remembered that an AM in a Pep team is vastly different to most teams.

You only have to look at how Silva and De Bruyne are used to see that, they are practically extra forwards they play so far forward.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Another 200m spending spree coming for Pep Fraudiola, can't wait when he fails to win the league again and people blame the players Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri May 26, 2017 2:37 pm

I fully expect him to be sacked this summer if they end up with no trophies again.

Imagine that? Pep being sacked. What a time to be alive.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 26, 2017 2:46 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Another 200m spending spree coming for Pep Fraudiola, can't wait when he fails to win the league again and people blame the players Proud

Did anyone blame the players this season? i certainly didn't.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
farfan wrote:Bernardo's best position is actually on the right, not AM.

Yeah, I think Pep wants to upgrade on Sterling. Then again, Pep played Douglas Costa as AM in his 4-1-4-1 for us.

In any case, I'm a bit butthurt as I think Bernardo would be one of very few players around who could actually help us in our quest to find successors to Robbéry.
And he would be much more affordable than the comparable players.

Last summer was the perfect time to get him. hmm Nowadays it's damn near impossible to compete with PL clubs when it comes to CL-hyped players like Silva and co.

Malcom from Bordeaux is a very good option if a big team is willing to take some risk, but he'll probably end up in Monaco before leaving 2 years later for 70 million. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Another 200m spending spree coming for Pep Fraudiola, can't wait when he fails to win the league again and people blame the players Proud

I've heard many excuses about an "aging" squad, how the fullbacks which is apparently the most significant position for Pep were shit, how Bravo failed Pep, Aguero declining etc...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 26, 2017 3:03 pm

silva signs for city. frenzy just shit the bed. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 26, 2017 3:13 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

I've heard many excuses about an "aging" squad, how the fullbacks which is apparently the most significant position for Pep were shit, how Bravo failed Pep, Aguero declining etc...

Is any of that NOT true?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Pep going all out ffs

I remember reading an interview of his like a month ago, in which he came to the conclusion this year that if he wants to win the CL, he needs press-resistant players in his midfield. Bernardo fits that profile.

If Fabinho is signed to play as a RB, I can see him making a move for Weigl or even Paredes as the next DM. If that's the profile he's looking for. Unless he plans to convert Gundogan to a DM. hmm

The ability to play 2 of Silva, KDB, Gundogan, and Bernardo as his interiors. Proud Proud Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 26, 2017 3:20 pm

To me they sound like excuses because no manager has the perfect team, they have to make up for the deficiencies in the squad.

My question is will you admit that Pep is an ordinary manager if he doesn't win the Premier League with his 500m squad?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 26, 2017 3:27 pm

You need to understand that clubs sign Pep so he can play HIS football for their teams. They'll give him all the resources in the world for him to do that. End of the day, City needs to rebuild and they're going for the right players.

He's at stage 2 of overhauling the entire City team. Perhaps the first half of next season might be a little bumpy, since their will be a lot of new additions, but I think this time around he'll have the individual quality to overshadow those moments. I'll admit it will be very disappointing if City fails to win the PL next season.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri May 26, 2017 3:31 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40061812

What a steal cheers

Bernardo Silva for the same amount an agent can expect when dealing with Ed Woodward.

What a time to be alive.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 26, 2017 3:32 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

Like Cascia said is any of that not true? not really excuses when i already said he failed this season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 26, 2017 3:36 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:To me they sound like excuses because no manager has the perfect team, they have to make up for the deficiencies in the squad.

My question is will you admit that Pep is an ordinary manager if he doesn't win the Premier League with his 500m squad?
Casciavit wrote:You need to understand that clubs sign Pep so he can play HIS football for their teams. They'll give him all the resources in the world for him to do that. End of the day, City needs to rebuild and they're going for the right players.

He's at stage 2 of overhauling the entire City team. Perhaps the first half of next season might be a little bumpy, since their will be a lot of new additions, but I think this time around he'll have the individual quality to overshadow those moments. I'll admit it will be very disappointing if City fails to win the PL next season.

Yeah none of the alleged problems of the team absolve Pep from the way and success with which his team played.

Conte won the league with players like Fabregas, Pedro, Cahill, after all, getting players to perform most of us regularly sneer upon.
Liverpool ended up with similar points as City, look at THEIR team, enough said Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 26, 2017 3:43 pm

I dunno why people bring up money spent as an indication of quality anyway.

It means absolutely nothing, if it did pretty much every team in the world is underperforming.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Those players were PL champions 2 years ago and they weren't 33 years old like Pep's fullbacks. Credit to Conte for finding a way to get them back to that level, while they still had their legs.

None of those teams take the initiative like Pep does. Objectively speaking, the football Pep wants his teams to play is harder to implement than what other PL coaches want their teams to play. Anyone with a lick of sense knows that.

Obviously Pep disappointed this season, but if he wants his teams to play his football at the highest level and be successful he can't do it with past-it players who no longer have the legs to recover when they mess up, which happens a lot in his first season.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Guardiola fans often complain about how some critics expect too much from him and hold him to a different standard than other coaches, but most of them expect the world to give him a degree of leeway that is not afforded to other managers.

Apparently, Nothing should be expected from Guardiola nor should he be held accountable for any failure until he gets his half a billion squad? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I dunno why people bring up money spent as an indication of quality anyway.

It means absolutely nothing, if it did pretty much every team in the world is underperforming.

That's BS. Money is the clearest indication of quality there is. The connection more expensive team-better team is the strongest connection there is, even if it doesn't always apply 100%
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 26, 2017 4:02 pm

not really excuses when i already said he failed this season.

Seems pretty accountable to me, Guardiola haters just read what they want to read and make things up as they go along.

Both can play this game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 26, 2017 4:04 pm

farfan wrote:Guardiola fans often complain about how some critics expect too much from him and hold him to a different standard than other coaches, but most of them expect the world to give him a degree of leeway that is not afforded to other managers.

Apparently, Nothing should be expected from Guardiola nor should he be held accountable for any failure until he gets his half a billion squad? Laughing

That's really the opposite of what's usually happening. We can start with the use of the word 'failure'.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next