Freeza
Firenze
Mr Nick09
47 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid - Page 10 Empty Re: Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 9:55

Tite made the biggest mistake making Neymar the center of the Brazilian NT. Carlo will go there and make it all right. Neymar was finished the moment he left Barca. He has regressed so bad it's become almost laughable.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 10:19

Neymar is old now, 31 already and semi-retired since 28

I think I saw a stat recently that he missed more games with PSG than Dembele with Barca. And that's crazy because Dembele is almost constantly injured Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 19:34

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Probably the best player in Europe

No other blends the same degree of physicality and technique, mentality also on spot.

What is it with RM fans always thinking they must have the best player in the world Laughing

First they tried to push Benz on us, now Vini? rofl

From Jan of last year. The agenda continues Proud

Madridistas have a fragile ego and always need to have the 'best' player playing for them. Only it's been a while since the days R9 played for Real.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 19:36

Vibe wrote:Vini is still 22, hard to believe since he's been a prominent member of the first team for so long already.

If he improves his finishing and his decision making he's gonna be a monster. But the question is can he improve? Weird thing to say for a 22 year old but somehow he strikes me as someone who is close to his ceiling.

I feel like this is exactly what we were all saying when he first signed on as a teenager. And it sounds like it hasn't changed?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 20:02

Who said he doesn't have good decision making?

That's not even an area he needs to improve on. Finishing yes, decision making no.

Vini's problem right now is that he is getting 0 protection from the referees. Players do what they want with him, coaches shout at their players to break his legs openly. This gets to him and they can effectively get him out of the game. This is something he needs to work on but also the club as a whole needs to protect him.

LaLiga have filed complaints more than 8 times of racist chants towards Vini. It's incredible that he still carries on. Tebas doesn't think LaLiga has a problem and blames he victim Laughing Not even Ronaldo was treated like this and Vini is still only 22 year old. I yearn for the day Vini scores hattricks to shut them up like CR7 used to do but Vini isn't a prolific scorer as yet to make that happen. He can only shut them up with goals. Everyone knows how dangerous he is even if he doesn't score but without 20+ goals he will still only be one of the best rather than THE best.

Look at everyone talking about Haaland and Mbapay. Without goals they aren't even a fraction as good as Vini but since they score so many goals Vini isn't regarding in the same bracket as them. That's on him and Carlo. Firsly, he only takes about 1 or 2 long distance/hopeful shots every 4/5 games and Carlo has literally given him the worst circumstances to succeed. While every top team has a marauding LB running up and down the wing we have Mendy Laughing and we are in 2023 and Kroos is still starting which handicaps us offensively.

I am hopeful that the coach and the players see their shortcomings and will work to improve it.

It will start with todays game. Will Carlo leave him on an island on his own yet again feeding him to Barca's defenders or will he give him support...it remains to be seen.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 20:32

hala wrote:Look at everyone talking about Haaland and Mbapay. Without goals they aren't even a fraction as good as Vini
actually insane not delusional Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:07

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

No other blends the same degree of physicality and technique, mentality also on spot.

What is it with RM fans always thinking they must have the best player in the world Laughing

Madridistas have a fragile ego and always need to have the 'best' player playing for them. Only it's been a while since the days R9 played for Real.

Your quote from January of last year didn't exactly age well hmm you scoffed at the idea of Benz being the best in the world just before he went on to have one of the greatest CL knockout stage performances of all time and win the BO by a landslide Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:10

yea today the boy's decision making was quite poor, very loose with the ball as well, not that great of a passer... Saka clears quite easily actually
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:22

Tbf to Vini, he doesn't play in a positional system that holds his hand the way Saka does.

Arsenal have elite spacing and structure. Madrid are the complete opposite.

They're the only top team that doesn't have a threat in the left half space. This means Vinicius is incredibly isolated so he finds himself in more difficult situations hence more bad decision making.

Nacho/Mendy play deep and so does Kroos. That means his only link up partner is Benzema. Is there any striker who drifts to the wing as much as Benzema does? It's a system issue. He needs to do that so Vini isn't completely isolated, but then you're left with a gaping hole in the middle and Valverde running into the box centrally and then defending as a RM probably isn't realistic even though he's super athletic.

Vinicius takes on an incredible amount of attacking responsibility. He's better than Saka, and I like Saka. They just play in completely different contexts.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:25

there's no way you can say so confidently he is better than Saka, that's crazy... Saka has more tools in his box and is more efficient at everything (dribbling, passing, shooting, movements)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:30

Casciavit wrote:Tbf to Vini, he doesn't play in a positional system that holds his hand the way Saka does.

Arsenal have elite spacing and structure. Madrid are the complete opposite.

They're the only top team that doesn't have a threat in the left half space. This means Vinicius is incredibly isolated so he finds himself in more difficult situations hence more bad decision making.

Nacho/Mendy play deep and so does Kroos. That means his only link up partner is Benzema. Is there any striker who drifts to the wing as much as Benzema does? It's a system issue. He needs to do that so Vini isn't completely isolated, but then you're left with a gaping hole in the middle and Valverde running into the box centrally and then defending as a RM probably isn't realistic even though he's super athletic.

Vinicius takes on an incredible amount of attacking responsibility. He's better than Saka, and I like Saka. They just play in completely different contexts.
This! It shouldn't be difficult to understand. But people look at things in isolation. People laugh when I say there isn't anyone as dangerous as Vini but nobody actually knows what situation he is put under and STILL torments defenders. People will think after todays game that he had a bad game because he didn't get on the scoresheet but the reality is completely different. Vini was excellent but our tactics is not geared towards taking advantage of his play it's to let him run and 4/5 players and trying to find a single player somewhere in the box amongst 6/7 defenders.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:35

El Gunner wrote:there's no way you can say so confidently he is better than Saka, that's crazy... Saka has more tools in his box and is more efficient at everything (dribbling, passing, shooting, movements)
What in the world am I reading

Please enlighten me what these efficiencies are? I can bet you any money Saka doesn't even come close to Vini in any of those metrics you mentioned. Back up your statements with facts or get outta here

Saka doesn't even have better defensive stats talk much about offensive ones Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:37

You can argue Saka has a more complete skillet, but think of it this way:

Does Saka actually have better crossing or does he play in a system that makes it seem that way?

One of Arteta's principles is to flood the box with 5 players. Does Saka actually have better crossing or does he just have more options in the box? When Vinicius crosses the ball he's lucky if he has 2 players in there.

It's the same thing with dribbling. Arteta's all about his wingers attacking fullbacks 1v1. Odegaard drifts away from Saka, and White comes in narrow which opens up space for Saka to dribble 1v1.

Is he truly a better 1v1 dribbler or are Arsenal just better at creating those kind of situations for him? Compare that to Vini who's regularly dribbling 1v2 or 1v3 then losing the ball because odds are against him.

Saka does play more controlled and Vinicius has a more chaotic style. All I'm saying is it's hard for me to say Saka's better when he has so much hand holding compared to Vinicius.

And even with Vinicius playing in that manner he's a CL champion and was a key figure in their run last year.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:43

This is our gameplan essentially. Vini should have a balon d'or for what he's achieved despite having to play like this week in week out
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:50

That's why for me decision making is a hard thing to assess nowadays. Football isn't as individualistic as before. Most top teams play super systematic football. Madrid is one of the few exceptions who don't.

Of course your decision making is going to look better if you play for a coach who prioritizes positional play. You always have 3 options on the ball. Everyone sticks to their position so there's no variability. The spacing is geometric like. The rotations that do happen are practiced on the training ground thousands of times. All the patterns are second nature to these guys.

Ancelotti himself doesn't coach that way. Hence his lack of consistency in the league. In a 38 game league format it's more effective to play robotic football like that because even when the players are tired the patterns they rehearsed are second nature so it pulls them through tight games.

If you rely more on an individuality well that's gonna lead to more inconsistency. There's a reason Guardiola and Conte are the most successful league coaches but have flopped in the CL for the last decade. Look at Pep's sons and how they struggle in Europe too. There's an obvious theme going on.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 0:22

So in one of the most important game of the history for Madrid against Barca, I guess Vini was a key player, didn't go into hiding at all, won the match for his team single handedly. Or am I missing something?

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 0:24

Helmer wrote:So in one of the most important game of the history for Madrid against Barca, I guess Vini was a key player, didn't go into hiding at all, won the match for his team single handedly. Or am I missing something?
Exactly that minus the winner hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 3:25

farfan wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Your quote from January of last year didn't exactly age well hmm you scoffed at the idea of Benz being the best in the world just before he went on to have one of the greatest CL knockout stage performances of all time and win the BO by a landslide Laughing

You're not wrong and I willingly accept Benz was clutch af then and completely deserving of the BdO, but:

1. Ever since CR left madrid fans were pushing the idea of Benz as the best player around when there were clearly better ones around, so this had been going on for a few years before the BdO
2. By this time your fellow madridistas were already abandoning the Benz train for the Vini one (as noted in that quote)
3. Even though Benz had fantastic CL performances in the year by this point I think common consensus is that Mbappe is the better player
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 6:58

Yea Real fans always want the best players in the planet n think they deserve it Very Happy I think Vini is great, considering how fast hes improved from b4, n I respect most players who works their ass off in general to make up for things they lack, although the game just now he was lazy to track Araujo but dont really blame him cos he has so much to do up front.

Problem with Real is they still dont have a RW? The aging midfield means Valverde always having to play to help out but somehow also has to help create on that RW, but then Cavarjal is aging quick as well so its often just up to Vini/Benz n some Modric magic. Works when they are focused n really up for it in certain games in CL but not consistently in every game. Come to think of it, pretty sure Bayern/Man C should knock them out. Theres only so many games u can win vs top teams despite having so many issues...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 8:43

halamadrid2 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:there's no way you can say so confidently he is better than Saka, that's crazy... Saka has more tools in his box and is more efficient at everything (dribbling, passing, shooting, movements)

Please enlighten me what these efficiencies are? I can bet you any money Saka doesn't even come close to Vini in any of those metrics you mentioned. Back up your statements with facts or get outta here

Saka doesn't even have better defensive stats talk much about offensive ones Laughing

i have earlier in this thread and you bozo's couldn't come up with a response except for "he's done it on the bigger stage"... so i'll do it again...

Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid - Page 10 Saka_v10

and below on THE BIGGEST STAGE of them all

Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid - Page 10 Wc_com10
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 9:03

Casciavit wrote:You can argue Saka has a more complete skillet, but think of it this way:

Does Saka actually have better crossing or does he play in a system that makes it seem that way?

One of Arteta's principles is to flood the box with 5 players. Does Saka actually have better crossing or does he just have more options in the box? When Vinicius crosses the ball he's lucky if he has 2 players in there.

It's the same thing with dribbling. Arteta's all about his wingers attacking fullbacks 1v1. Odegaard drifts away from Saka, and White comes in narrow which opens up space for Saka to dribble 1v1.

Is he truly a better 1v1 dribbler or are Arsenal just better at creating those kind of situations for him? Compare that to Vini who's regularly dribbling 1v2 or 1v3 then losing the ball because odds are against him.

Saka does play more controlled and Vinicius has a more chaotic style. All I'm saying is it's hard for me to say Saka's better when he has so much hand holding compared to Vinicius.

And even with Vinicius playing in that manner he's a CL champion and was a key figure in their run last year.

look at it this way Cas...

you deduct points off Saka because you say Arteta is a better systemic coach than Carlo? but why should that count against him just because Arteta is smarter for developing a system to get the best out of his players?

if anything, every team has a system of sorts... and you can argue Vinicius has been the beneficiary of having the world's best modern day number 9 next to him. Especially in last season's CL run, Benzema does all the "smart" work in that attack, most of the off-ball movement to create openings which Vinicius benefits off of. It's the perfect complimentary player to have for a player of his skillset, because now he can use his pace and shiftiness of going either way to beat defenders, and he has nice shot technique on him too and that's why he scores so very nice looking goals.

But if you look closer, Vinicius isn't as efficient as Saka. He wastes a lot of balls with poor passes, has a lot of unsuccessful dribbles that's purely down to his development and capabilities. In contrast, Saka's development of his dribbling has truly come into its own this season. Saka may not be as fast, but he is smart enough to use defenders' body weight against them with immaculate timing, and he can quickly shift either left or right with his strong core strength. I also think Saka is overall stronger and more physical. They have about the same height, but Saka is slightly bulkier, especially in his core and shoulder/chest area. Makes it easier for him to ride off challengers, and we can all agree PL is the more physical league. Saka has been kicked around all season, so much so that it has become a media topic lately.

Also once Saka beats his defender he is more likely to find to an effective progressive pass because he is more controlled and composed with his on-ball dribbling. He has a nice shot on him too, left foot and even right foot (as we saw against Everton not too long ago). He can still improve the effectiveness of his right foot crossing.

In terms of his off-ball movement, he hugs the touchline and is often our most used outlet. Once on-ball he quickly attacks his defender, beats him and then forms triangles with Odegaard and White to make things happen because everyone in the team is often moving and creating space.

The two abilities Vinicius has over Saka is often the two most abilities which deceives football fans - pace and flair. Immediately on the eye, it makes the player stand out. But you have to look closer at his efficiencies and habits to truly get to know such a player. I'm not saying Vinicius has you lot fooled, but he still has a lot of improving and development to do to become his best version, or even a top 3 player of the new generation, as Madrid fans here has already so shamelessly crowned him.

Saka, in contrast, is more crisp and efficient with everything he does. And it's not just because of Arteta's system. You can watch him in England where he has clearly been their best player since he has come into that team, winning the most MOTMs in that span of time. Not even Bellingham has been as impressive as him in that team.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 15:23

BC is being a bit fresh considering his fan base has been incredibly guilty of overdoing it with their evaluation of their own players but whatever. And not in the past either, literally talking about this season.

As for the statistic EG posted, it is completely ignoring Vini's UCL input which, personally, should not be ignored just because Saka (Arsenal) isn't there.

Helmer wrote:So in one of the most important game of the history for Madrid against Barca, I guess Vini was a key player, didn't go into hiding at all, won the match for his team single handedly. Or am I missing something?

The UCL final, yes, this could apply. A league match vs Barcelona where we were embarrassingly far behind before the match started, two outta 3.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 16:12

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
farfan wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Your quote from January of last year didn't exactly age well hmm you scoffed at the idea of Benz being the best in the world just before he went on to have one of the greatest CL knockout stage performances of all time  and win the BO by a landslide Laughing

You're not wrong and I willingly accept Benz was clutch af then and completely deserving of the BdO, but:

1. Ever since CR left madrid fans were pushing the idea of Benz as the best player around when there were clearly better ones around, so this had been going on for a few years before the BdO
2. By this time your fellow madridistas were already abandoning the Benz train for the Vini one (as noted in that quote)
3. Even though Benz had fantastic CL performances in the year by this point I think common consensus is that Mbappe is the better player

It's less about Madrid fans being obsessed with having the best player in the world and more about Real Madrid always having players that have a genuine claim to be the best Laughing Just in our lifetime Madrid signed:

-Figo in his BO-winning season.
-Zidane who had won it before and was always in the conversation until his retirement.
-R9 in his second BO winning season
-Beckham who had finished second in the past
-Owen who had won it before
-Kaka who had won it before
-CR7 who had won it before and went it on to win it multiple times at Madrid
-Benzema who ended up winning it
-Modric who ended up winning it

Vinicius was the most expensive teenager in history and was always expected to be a Ballon d'Or contender. The fact that people are hailing him as one of the best is a  reflection of him living up to his potential and not some Madrid fan fantasy.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 17:49

farfan wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

+The Ref+Tebas+Racismo

Vini is unlucky he has a guy who is allergic to the box and one who is fortunate Zidane has a hard on for Uber Eat plebs as guys who are supposed to support him.

Ligue 1 plebs have worked out pretty well for Madrid and your long-term fixation on Mendy is really odd Laughing Btw whatever happened to the guy you wanted at LB? Last I checked he was on his second consecutive flop at Atletico after a failed stint at Spurs..

Sergio Reguilón. The absolute definition of an above average fullback.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 19:01

This is depressing. My word
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 20 Mar 2023 - 19:12

El Gunner wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

i have earlier in this thread and you bozo's couldn't come up with a response except for "he's done it on the bigger stage"... so i'll do it again...

Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid - Page 10 Saka_v10

So what part of this is better than Vini? You said he was better passer, dribbler and whatever else you mentioned. You are yet to show me stats that back up your claim. What you posted shows him as having more g/a in the league. In all club competitions Saka has 14 goals and 11 goals. He has basically scored 99% of his goals in the league and got 99,9% of his assists in the league. In contrast Vini has 17 goals and 9 assists. So even in his off season Vinu still trumps Sakas best season. And we haven't even begun to talk about all the other metrics that exist where Saka doesn't even come close to Vini. You are embarrassing yourself still going on about this
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next