Lucifer
CBarca
farfan
Tomwin Lannister
Firenze
DeletedUser#1
18 posters

Go down

Transformation of Juventus to Newcastle Empty Transformation of Juventus to Newcastle

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Before, I used to think Milan' collapse after HT of 2005, and Liverpool' in half time of last year' EL final were the most absurd in football history (in my living memory), but hands down tonight it takes the cake.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT BY JUVE SECOND HALF ? Did Navas make a single save second half ?

It looked like Juve quit the game at HT, and Newcastle stepped in.

Bonucci turned into Jamal Lascilles, Dybala to Ayoze Perez and Pjanic to Shelvey.

Unrecognizable.

Fair play to Real though, the most efficient and brutally effective footballing machine I've ever seen. fully deserved

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Transformation of Juventus to Newcastle Empty Re: Transformation of Juventus to Newcastle

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:00 pm

it was bizarre, not like they exerted tons of energy in the first half, came out looking disinterested for the second and Madrid just went into cruise control

Allegri pls respond
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Transformation of Juventus to Newcastle Empty Re: Transformation of Juventus to Newcastle

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:00 pm

rofl rofl rofl Amazing 2nd half, half of the team needs to be sold for that embarrassment. No excuses.

Now it's time for me to go into the garden and box until I pass out and hopefully die.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:00 pm

Superhuman coaching happened.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 pm

It wasn't just a lack of effort, there was a complete lack of tactical discipline, their touch was off, passing was off etc

I've never seen a team morph like that after half time. They could have lost to Middlesborough
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:03 pm

First half they were quite confident on ball TBH.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:06 pm

Sepi easy my brother Mole does not deserve to be a part of this Laughing

They just came back to the PL. Let them celebrate. Laughing

Point being it was shocking and a tactical blunder but ruthless by Real.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:09 pm

They were out-tacticizered.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:16 pm

May be someone can explain the tactical change , I was too immersed in the game to notice tactics.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:17 pm

I don't even think there was a change in tactics. I don't know what was said during HT but they went in like they were in a cup final and came out like they were in a pre-season friendly against Real Salt Lake and didn't look interested. Not to take anything away from Madrid of course, fantastic performance but Juve fans should be questioning their team.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:26 pm

It was one of the biggest changes at half time I've ever seen for sure. I'll give you that I'm drunk but still.. Juve were in *bleep* control in the first half and Madrid destroyed them in the second half. This club is finished. JOKE. I wasted my evening for this. Should've known better.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Before, I used to think Milan' collapse after HT of 2005, and Liverpool' in half time of last year' EL final were the most absurd in football history (in my living memory), but hands down tonight it takes the cake.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT BY JUVE SECOND HALF ? Did Navas make a single save second half ?

It looked like Juve quit the game at HT, and Newcastle stepped in.

Bonucci turned into Jamal Lascilles, Dybala to Ayoze Perez and Pjanic to Shelvey.

Unrecognizable.

Fair play to Real though, the most efficient and brutally effective footballing machine I've ever seen. fully deserved

They're bottle jobs lol. How many cl finals lost is that now? They just reverted to type at half time.

Pogba at home laughing with his European medal around his neck .
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Madrid is the most complete team in the world. They can score from ANY situation.

Tbh a Juve collapse should have never been ruled out. They lacked any sort of control. The quicker the ball moves forward, the quicker it comes back. The moments they did try to settle down, they lost the ball and their counterpress was easily undone. They exerted a lot of energy in the first half.

As for Madrid they started controlling the game and Juve was more tired of the two. Once Modric and Kroos are in a rhythm, good luck stopping them. Then you had Isco overloading the middle (4V2), which gave Madrid total control. Even before Casemiro's deflected goal, I belive Juve were unable to get out of their own half for a good period of time.

Madrid scores that goal and as we all know the most dangerous time is right after a team concedes. The players lost their tactical discipline due to the magnitude of the occasion and Madrid punishes them for that.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:37 pm

Tactical change was moving the line gaps slightly closer together...  to get control.  Wanted the defensive back 4 to get a taste of Juve's attack before pushing them closer to the midfielders and allow the mids to play closer to the forwards as a result.  Left more space behind the defense but Juve could never capitalize.

Once Juve lost control of the ball, they were lost.  Had no idea how what to do.

Lack of pace by Juve allowed for the adjustment.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:51 pm

We wouldn't have conceded 4 hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We wouldn't have conceded 4 hmm

Moreee
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:38 am

Juve expended way too much energy in that first half. Needed to play smarter and not harder in the 2nd. Ran out of gas early, made silly mistakes, 2nd goal knocked the wind out of their sails and by the time the 3rd one went in, they had switched off completely.

Lots of naivety that Madrid didn't have, which is unsurprising given how many of these finals they've played in.

Perhaps most crucially, Juve seemed overawed again, just like against Barca. Gotta cut that stuff out at this level. They lacked the most Juve thing today: Focus and determination.

Madrid had both.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:05 am

McLewis wrote:Juve expended way too much energy in that first half. Needed to play smarter and not harder in the 2nd. Ran out of gas early, made silly mistakes, 2nd goal knocked the wind out of their sails and by the time the 3rd one went in, they had switched off completely.

Lots of naivety that Madrid didn't have, which is unsurprising given how many of these finals they've played in.

Perhaps most crucially, Juve seemed overawed again, just like against Barca. Gotta cut that stuff out at this level. They lacked the most Juve thing today: Focus and determination.

Madrid had both.

I think their plan was to go hard , score and then counter-attack / sit back . Problem is they conceded on one of the only chances Real had.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:27 am

Buffon of 10 years ago would have probably stopped goals 2 and 3 despite the deviations. Could the team, at 31 average age, be too old?

On the other hand, every other top club in Europe would have signed on the dotted line to get to the final.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:35 am

dem tears

Madrid were not going to lose today. Deal with it.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:21 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
McLewis wrote:Juve expended way too much energy in that first half. Needed to play smarter and not harder in the 2nd. Ran out of gas early, made silly mistakes, 2nd goal knocked the wind out of their sails and by the time the 3rd one went in, they had switched off completely.

Madrid had both.

I think their plan was to go hard , score and then counter-attack / sit back . Problem is they conceded on one of the only chances Real had.

Yeah I can agree with this. This has worked well for them up until this point. Madrid are just a different monster altogether though. They can hurt a team in a variety of different ways that are unforeseen.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum