Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
Valkyrja
BarcaLearning
guest7
40 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Barca signs Paulinho - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Barca signs Paulinho

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:Seri is being a bit overrated here.  Some problems:  He's already 26.  Nice isn't Barca so it's hard to project.  Because he's 26, there isn't additional ceiling there most likely.

Not say Paulinho is a better deal.  Just saying Seri has some concerns and, for his age, he's actually not very proven. Only two year of senior side experience.

And paulinho is almost 30 and still not proven aswell lol

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Barca signs Paulinho - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Barca signs Paulinho

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:08 pm

No one is acting like Madrid are a super team tbh.

It's just Barca are woefully imbalanced and Messi/Suarez aside seriously lack quality.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:11 pm

3 out of last 4 CLs and 7 trophies in last 18 months.  Have 7 losses total with 7 trophies under ZZ.

You may not like.  But a super team is exactly what we were Laughing

People have a preferred style and only rate teams that are great in that narrow context.  But at the end of the day, it's about results while playing great football (we do that in a Serie A style).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:13 pm

If winning back to back CLs doesn't make you a super team, what exactly does? hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:21 pm

I have said before but winning and having success doesn't make you a super team, i have been extremely critical of the competition at the top end of football nowadays and remain so.

You just happen to be better than those teams, honestly i can't remember the last team that i'd consider a super team. Most teams over the last 5 years or so have been vastly overrated historically due to the level of competition they faced.

I'm going to be fair here and state the first year under Guardiola , Barca is extremely overrated too.

They beat Madrid 6-2 because Madrid were crap, not because they were an amazing football team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:22 pm

lulz wow.

So beating up on an imperfect Madrid team, beating an overmatched Juve and Man U, etc. made Barca not a super team? Because the level of competition hasn't changed much over the past 10 years other than Madrid getting stronger, Bayern taking it up a notch or two, Juve getting better and EPL improving its tactics, talent and managing. Not to mention Ligue 1 fielding very competitive CL teams.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Zidane has of coursed not only served and played in the holy grounds of SERIE ALPHA , he has also learned a thing or two from Master Alenatore Ancelotti , yet another legendary coach of calcio

no coincedence his team is enjoying the rewards and is praised and hyped , first Carlo and then Zidane his apprentice made Real a tyranny again in Europe , guess the source . Of course , SERIE ALPHA . You learn from the holy grounds of calcio , you win

Zidane Molenation
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I disagree tbh, you'll entitled to disagree but the top end of football (i.e. top 6-8 teams) are all much worse than they were 5 years ago except for one team.

This isn't just an argument against Madrid, more so it is i'm not very impressed by the level at the top tbh.

BTW i agree the level below that say 10-20 is stronger, but that doesn't really effect the bottom line as they are not hurting any of the top 5 teams.

Maybe i'm old and tired but that's how i feel really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 pm

5 years ago the final was played between a Bayern that couldn't  win the league and a Chelsea that finished outside of the top 4. hmm
Tbh I don't think Chelsea 2012 or Man U 2011 would get anywhere near a final these days, just look at the number of scrubs who started the final against Barça ( Fabio, Park, Chicharito, 38 years old Giggs in the pivot etc...).
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:51 pm

I'm not talking about specific teams right down to the point Laughing

Atletico is obviously better than some teams who have made the final over the last 5 years obviously, i mean in general overall.

Doesn't matter anyway, it's obvious most won't agree and that's fine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:40 am

Interesting, but if that Barca that beat Real 6-2 werent a great team, the standard to consider a great team would be so high, I guess u mean in terms of overall balance more?

Anyway, I think this Real team is definitely a super team, u cant deny that. Top players in every position pretty much, and the backup quality, plus Zidane, their workrate, thats why they are dominating, and they beat everybody. Yes there were luck on occasions, but they were much better than most teams they played, including likes of Bayern, Juve, Barca (more recently), etc.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 am

farfan wrote:5 years ago the final was played between a Bayern that couldn't  win the league and a Chelsea that finished outside of the top 4. hmm
Tbh I don't think Chelsea 2012 or Man U 2011 would get anywhere near a final these days, just look at the number of scrubs who started the final against Barça ( Fabio, Park, Chicharito, 38 years old Giggs in the pivot etc...).

You dont think the GOAT manager would have found a way? The only reason SAF wasnt able to win that year was because GOAT team stood in his way. It was just our ill luck we got them in the final.

Totally agreed with Moley. Not discrediting Madrid or anything. They are the best team in the world hands down. But their competition over the last couple of years have been utterly non-existent. And I dont think that is any slight on Madrid's achievements either. You can only beat whats in front of you.
The only team that can actually compete and beat them unfortunately has mental issues whenever they come up against them in CL.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:17 am

Starting Chicharito when Berbatov was the better option

38 year old Giggs legs vs Barca

Park Ji Sung ovation because he runs around alot

Thats a terrible team in hindsight, which is why i rate SAF so highly, you were gonna get battered with that lineup anyhow.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:20 am

I feel the same with Farfan on Bayern '10, Pool '05+'07 and Juve '15
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:32 pm

i'm not exactly sure the background of the argument but imo every team that has won the ucl excluding chelsea in the last ten or so years have been super teams. based on the personnel on the pitch not necessarily titles won (i'm using the nba yardstick here)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 pm

how did this thread go off the rail into some nonsense and not discuss the final transfer for barca is probably paulinho becuase 'pool and dortmund not in the mood to sell?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:06 am

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:24 am

Nishankly wrote:

Whatever happened to dat Barca DNA? its listed on the website but Paulinho is the furthest kind of player from it. dreadful touch that.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Fake news. He did 24 keep ups in first try, ffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jreqkhUeWmE
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Already a better signing than Andre Gomes.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 pm

:bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Looks like a stronger version of 2009 Xavi
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Ganso wrote:Looks like a stronger version of 2009 Xavi

I haven't seen a second of him since he left Spurs but WAT.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

You be the judge.

https://imgtc.com/w/1h1QbUh

https://imgtc.com/w/OmXm2Fh

IMO best midfielder in Barca history after Alex Song.

Last edited by M99 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:28 pm

It was a joke Mole
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 pm

M99 wrote:

You be the judge.

IMO best midfielder in Barca history after Alex Song.

Bruh did you like that goal so much you linked to it twice?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next