+5
Jafaar
JuvenelCuore
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
BeautifulGame
9 posters

Go down

Corinthians officially withdraw Tevez bid Empty Corinthians officially withdraw Tevez bid

Post by BeautifulGame Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:39

Corinthians confirms withdrawal of transfer for Manchester City's Carlos Tevez
The Sao Paulo giants have decided to cease discussions of a move for the Argentinian striker, due to the clubs being unable finalize the deal before Brazil's transfer deadline

By Marcus Higgins

Corinthians has announced the end to negotiations for the transfer of Manchester City's Carlos Tevez, according to the club's official website.

Despite City manager Roberto Mancini claiming that a deal reportedly worth around €40 million had been made on Monday, a formal statement from Corinthians has now confirmed that the transfer has fallen through.

"The director of Sport Club Corinthians Paulista comes forward officially to communicate the impossibility of the signing of Argentinian forward Carlos Tevez," the statement read.

Corinthians director of football Edu Gasper previously said that a deal was likely to be completed on Monday, however with the Brazilian transfer window closing on July 20, a finalized agreement has been deemed impossible.

"While recognizing Manchester City's efforts and those of everyone involved, there's no more time for the signing to be finalised, considering that the window to sign players from abroad ends on Wednesday, July 20."

A major issue with negotiations is said to have been the structure of the €40m deal, with Corinthians opting for installments which were not accepted by Manchester City.

The Eastlands outfit, meanwhile, will look to continue to strenghten its current squad, with manager Mancini revealing he expects an official bid for Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero to be made within the next few days.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Corinthians officially withdraw Tevez bid Empty Re: Corinthians officially withdraw Tevez bid

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:42

city trying to be greedy. wouldnt be surprised if they get back in tho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Corinthians officially withdraw Tevez bid Empty Re: Corinthians officially withdraw Tevez bid

Post by Sushi Master Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:42

There goes Tevez' escape plan.

Next week: BREAKING NEWS: Tevez signs 2 year extension.

"Manchester is such a boring city. Yet I can still find things in which to spend my money. I miss my home"
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:47

Predictable. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I bet Carlos is just going nuts now.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jafaar Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:49

Corinthians is helping City justify Tevez's price tag...

I still hope to see him in an Inter Jersey...
Jafaar
Jafaar
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:50

Jafaar wrote:Corinthians is helping City justify Tevez's price tag...

Really ? I would be worried about his loyalty especially if he is throwing these antics all the time.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:51

Why don't they try it then? Inter have the money.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:53

time for Malaga to get in
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 6:36

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:time for Malaga to get in

My thoughts exactly. They will be an interesting club next year.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 8:55

Yes because presumably Malaga are the only club in Europe where financial fair play doesn't actually exist should they qualify for europe Rolling Eyes
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jafaar Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 15:18

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Really ? I would be worried about his loyalty especially if he is throwing these antics all the time.

There is a reason for his antics... He misses his family... For the most part, argentinian footballers don't really like england all that much... and Inter is like Argentina 2nd home... so I would think he would be fine there...

plus, he's my fav player... =)
Jafaar
Jafaar
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jafaar Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 15:19

Sushi Master wrote:

Why don't they try it then? Inter have the money.

I'm on the phone with Moratti right now... lol...
Jafaar
Jafaar
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 16:22

"There is a reason for his antics... He misses his family... For the most part, argentinian footballers don't really like england all that much... and Inter is like Argentina 2nd home... so I would think he would be fine there...

plus, he's my fav player... =)"

That really is not true. The crazy thing about Tevez's logic here is he accepted a move from Man United to Man City. The last time I checked they both were located in the city of MANCHESTER. Did he think by switching teams that Manchester would break away from England and float over next to Argentina, or suddenly the city would magically import millions of spanish speaking citizens for him to hang out and party with?

I would want no part of this guy, he is so selfish and most of the time his selfishness has no logic.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 18:59

I think only Malaga and PSG will be willing to meet City's price tag ATM.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 22:43

Meh, I wanted him to go to Corinthians.

Though Malaga is a very nice place, in the south of Spain, so maybe his family will be more willing to move there, though I understand that they have issues. A move to Malaga would be extremely cool. They would actually start shaping up as CL contenders in a few years.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down