CBarca
RealGunner
Luca
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
15 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Considering it's the only player who he has performed against so far yes.

The other game against Bledsoe he had 29-11-9 and the rest not so much.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Triple double against a decent team and still gets bantered off Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:02 pm

https://streamable.com/y0kyi

This Ntilikina Alley-oop to Porzingis gives me an erection
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:16 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Triple double against a decent team and still gets bantered off Sad

Youngest player ever to get a triple double and Moal out here acting like a prime hater.

That being said he DOES need to perform somewhere in between this and his usual performances more consistently. He'll get there.

Wouldn't put it on Bledsoe tbf, guy needs to spend some more time in MKE and get match fit before I can say anything about him defensively. Still can't believe he's on the bucks though.

Undefeated in the Bledsoe era.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Outside of Mole, Lonzo has gotten a lot of praise for yesterday and making that triple double. He is the most polarizing player in the league this season and its not even close. If he has a poor game -> massive attention, if he does something good -> massive attention

Unreal pressure for a rookie but he can thank his dad for this

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:05 pm

I still don't see how that is meme worthy.

New team and he wasn't playing while his departure was being organized.

This is the NBA...top picks with get scrutiny and as I mentioned earlier, he seems to have brought some of this "added" attention on himself with his attitude. He released a shoe for $495 dollars prior to being in the league. Retro jordans wouldn't cost you as much.

Please stop the pity party and realize this is quite normal in the big leagues or anytime you reach a large platform and get paid millions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Except this is not normal for a rookie

This is the level of Kevin Durant last year or LeBron when he joined Miami. It’s the level of scrutiny for superstars, not rookies on a team that’s had a losing record for several years

It’s not about a pity party. I personally don’t care, I’ve just opened up social media after any of his games and I can tell if he played well or poorly without seeing anything else

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Seems you have ignored that part of the reason is his attitude. Those players you mentioned brought some of the hate upon themselves and I don't think Ball has done himself many favors. If he has been the most polorizing player, it kind of makes sense there would be a lot of eyes on him.

Rookies don't around releasing shoes for nearly 500 dollars after failing to sign a deal with Nike. With big personality comes more scrutiny - the internet is not a civilized place.

Also, this is the Internet...I fail to see why you are so shocked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:31 pm

It's meme worthy because his other good performance came against Bledsoe lol, I'm not denying it's a great performance just like I didn't against Phoenix.

You guys really should stop being so precious.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Luca wrote:Except this is not normal for a rookie

This is the level of Kevin Durant last year or LeBron when he joined Miami. It’s the level of scrutiny for superstars, not rookies on a team that’s had a losing record for several years

It’s not about a pity party. I personally don’t care, I’ve just opened up social media after any of his games and I can tell if he played well or poorly without seeing anything else

Neither is his performances.

He's last in FG% in the paint, he's last in FG% beyond the 3 point line, and outside the two performances against Bledsoe let's not act he's been great at playmaking either.

Can we please stop acting like the criticism isn't warranted, if anything he hasn't been criticised enough and there's been loads of excuses.

Fair play to him for a great performance last night but just like nobody criticised him heavily until consistently poor offensive performances nobody is going to heavily praise him until he consistently puts in good performances.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Brother, I didn’t say it wasn’t without reason. All I said was it’s more attention than any rookie has ever gotten and this isn’t even close to being disputable. He’s put himself in a bracket with players much more talented than he is because of his hype train his father started and like it or not

@mole I know the criticism is warranted, he’s put up some of the worse numbers of all time shooting wise. I’m simply discussing the attention he receives in either poor or great moments and it’s massive. I don’t see how anyone can disagree with this, in this moment of the season. If Lonzo farts on the court in the wrong direction, Chuck is talking about it at half time. If Lonzo makes an open layup on a fast break, someone is reposting it as a redeemable proof that he’s the second coming of Jesus Christ

Just how sensitive you guys are to the topic of Lonzo receiving this much attention is vindication enough. There’s not a person without an opinion of him and that’s why he’s currently the most polarizing player in the league. He’s in a bracket with players he doesn’t deserve to be with

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:53 pm

It's massive because the performances warrant it lol, don't subscribe to this idea that he's been treated unfairly.

If any other rookies played as many minutes as he does, shoot as poorly as he does (31% ffs) and have quite an average assist rate outside of two games they would be heavily criticised too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:58 pm

It’s fair, it just seems like it’s lay on a bit thick at times.

And I mean it both ways, his triple double hype yesterday was massive despite losing

Simmons did this a couple weeks ago and he got much less attention despite easily being the best rookie in the league

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:37 pm

The Black Sheep wrote:Seems you have ignored that part of the reason is his attitude. Those players you mentioned brought some of the hate upon themselves and I don't think Ball has done himself many favors. If he has been the most polorizing player, it kind of makes sense there would be a lot of eyes on him.

Rookies don't around releasing shoes for nearly 500 dollars after failing to sign a deal with Nike. With big personality comes more scrutiny - the internet is not a civilized place.

Also, this is the Internet...I fail to see why you are so shocked.

Lonzo's mentality lacks nothing at all.

After reading this post I’m actually confused about if you’ve confused Lonzo with his father because all your points are about LaVar.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's massive because the performances warrant it lol, don't subscribe to this idea that he's been treated unfairly.

If any other rookies played as many minutes as he does, shoot as poorly as he does (31% ffs) and have quite an average assist rate outside of two games they would be heavily criticised too.

Assist rate? He barely ever turns it over. It’s incredible for a player his position to be this ball secure at this point in his career.

It’s completely fair to hate on his shooting. Everything else is amazing imo. He needs to adjust minor things in his mechanics to get a more even release. A lot of it is a shooter’s slump I think. His shot isn’t the problem imo. It’s his shot selection at the rim. He passes up dunks and open layups for a worse shot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 pm

I didn't phrase that well I didn't mean turnovers I was just talking about general playmaking.

It's been pretty passive and average for most of the season, I'd ignore the shitty shooting if he was looking rookie CP3 but he hasn't.

When Boogie is keeping relative pace with him when it comes to playmaking I think that says it's own story.

But anyway he's a rookie, he's not supposed to be great straight away I just disagree that he's treated unfairly is all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:48 pm

^ I just said he was polarizing, not that he has been treated unfair

The only thing I think is unfair is giving him the attention of established players in the league when he isn't one himself

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I didn't phrase that well I didn't mean turnovers I was just talking about general playmaking.

It's been pretty passive and average for most of the season, I'd ignore the shitty shooting if he was looking rookie CP3 but he hasn't.

When Boogie is keeping relative pace with him when it comes to playmaking I think that says it's own story.

But anyway he's a rookie, he's not supposed to be great straight away I just disagree that he's treated unfairly is all.

I can't agree with any of your playmaking points, at all.
Think we're pretty much in agreement with the scoring though. Though, to which degree it's fixable may vary.

I think his playmaking has been incredible. I know it's virtually impossible to prove, but he makes everyone else play better and I think it passes the eye test, mainly when he's not playing. Whenever he's out, we play iso like shit. Him passing early and deferring at points is playmaking in the sense that he makes others play better.

He's also 7th in assist. Which is great for a rookie. Think he'll finish top 5 at the end of the season.
He's 7th in assist while turning it over less than the other players in the top 10 aside from a very efficient Darren Collison.

Also Boogiekeeping up with Ball should only say positive things about Boogie as a player. No idea why you'd use that point to make Lonzo seem shit.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Because he's a center hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Because he's a center hmm

Centers can be like that hmm

Wish there were more of those players. Sabonis and Bill Walton are types I'd love to have today.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Big men passers >

Blake is one of the better ones too, imo

Raps @ Celtics right now, hope we can catch a W

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:03 pm

In all seriousness though I hope Boogie's play will eventually give him the respect he deserves.

But I suspect it won't sadly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:In all seriousness though I hope Boogie's play will eventually give him the respect he deserves.

What sort of respect we talking? Best C in the league?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:In all seriousness though I hope Boogie's play will eventually give him the respect he deserves.

He will, if he keeps this somewhat up and his personality doesn't get in his way. He's a good guy and all, but he can get too emotional at times and get into his own head. Happens against Randle a lot. Don't know why really Laughing

We still lost though. Want that team to do so well. Boogie need to excel at this role for them to do well.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:07 pm

That and for people to accept he's not a "dressing room cancer".

Other thing that annoys me is other fans constantly looking for him and AD to be traded, people genuinely can't stand that they are together.

I suppose it's unavoidable though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Luca wrote:
This is the level of Kevin Durant last year or LeBron when he joined Miami.

This is a lie.

Nobody really cares as much about a clumsy-looking rookie as the serious hatred/heated feelings that were involved in KD's and LeBron's actions. It's just early season banter, and the internet lads want to trash on somebody. Laughing

The scrutiny of course is there, and is warranted and I don't think I have to list the reasons why. But in no way is the level of scrutiny the same as those other two cases.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next