CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
Freeza
Luca
15 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:39 am

I don’t know why pure saying it hasn’t been a problem before. I’ve always thought it was wrong when the players are on their current contract with NBA teams and even as they’ve played unofficial games with teams, as both Simmons and Griffin did.

If Randle could’ve been rookie in his second season it would’ve been less of an advantage because he was injured all year. Simmons was healthy and played with the team for five months before Mitchell was even drafted. That means something.

I’d even give Mitchell the edge over Simmons at this point if they were both rookies. I think what he’s done is more impressive because he seemlessly fit into a new team where he hadn’t played with anyone before. To be the best offensive player in the third seed in the best conference is ridiculous as a rookie. Especially when the team lost their best player and actually got better after. They’ve had the best record in the NBA since they gave him the keys and Gobert came back.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:45 am

So done with these refs. Happy the season is over tbh
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:03 am

is co-rookie winners a thing. Because I'd be fine with that.

I love both. But if I had to choose one for this award, I'd go with Mitchell.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:35 pm

El Gunner wrote:is co-rookie winners a thing. Because I'd be fine with that.

I love both. But if I had to choose one for this award, I'd go with Mitchell.

Happened with Jason Kidd and Grant Hill. Highly unlikely to ever happen again though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:20 pm

He's still probably got a solid 5-6 month edge playing on an NBA team. Not to mention NBA level coaching, getting on with teammates, adjusting to the league etc

It doesn't really matter to me tbh, but it's not an even race for Mitchell vs Simmons. Simmons clearly got a head start that Mitchell didn't.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Dat coaching when you are walking in a massive protective boot.

You, Freeza need to stop acting he was healthy all season and they purposefully held him out.

Even the NBA travel point is completely negated by the point for months he spent rehabbing.

For example Boogie is not even in the same state as any of our team atm lol.

What part of the league is he adjusting too? The only real argument you can make is the team mates part tbh.

All in all its just a massive pile of excuses from people who are butt hurt Simmons is better.

Not a rookie arguments would actually be OK if it wasn't just this season when people started bitching about it just because they know Simmons is better and can't accept it, so they start bitching about something which is and has been accepted rule since the beginning of time.

As I said before based on the dumb as shit logic we can Revoke Bird and Robinson's rookie of the year campaign too and loads more.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Revoking Bird I wouldn't hate, but it's not the same case. There's a difference between not being on the team and being on the team.
There's a difference between a redshirt and someone not on a team.

And Let's stop acting like Ben Simmons wasn't healthy by february.

Hope they make it a draft class award going forward tbh.

And this hasn't only been an argument this year. I don't know why keep saying that. People were saying that about Embiid, Griffin even back then.

And yeah 12 months of coaching makes no difference. They don't have to learn defense, plays and the system. Didn't help one bit. If they didn't have stability in terms of coaching it wouldn't have been as big of an advantage though. Saying it didn't help him is like saying Rodgers didn't benefit immensely from redshirting a couple years in Green Bay.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:58 pm

If you watched NFL, would you think redshirt QBs should be rookies?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Tactics, plays etc are a factor in basketball lol. Of course it's an advantage to be learning those from your coaching staff even if you're injured.

The redshirt analogy isn't far off tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:53 pm

I couldn't care less who wins, but I do find the idea of "rookies" in their second season a bit off.

I acknowledge that it's harsh to discount people like Embiid, Simmons because they got injured in their first year, but it's also harsh to those who are true rookies to have them up against players who aren't really in their first season.

For me, given that most players who are up for ROY are in the latter category, it makes sense to favor that set of players.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Simmons is generational talent. If you do consider him a rookie, he wins. If you don't consider him a rookie, Mitchell wins.

To me, Simmons is not a rookie, not truly, but he would've won it last season, the season before, probably next season and beyond, he's that good.

Mitchell is great too and more what would you consider a rookie of the year type. He's just not better than Simmons

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Simmons? Mitchell? Pff give it to my boy Andre Ingram.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:All in all its just a massive pile of excuses from people who are butt hurt Simmons is better.

Simmons is a better overall player, no doubt. We can see the impact that he has, and he will most probably go down to be the more successful and impactful player of the two in question.

But this is rookie of the season with emphasis on season. Yea, Simmons is better. Yea, you can argue he has had a better season as well. But has he really? I think it is a genuine debate considering the type of team Mitchell found himself in and how he established himself in that team when he was the 13th pick overall, and how he has looked so matured so quickly in a team when he has not been around as long as Simmons has been with his team.

I even love the boy more for what he did with that sweatshirt. Goes to show he wants the attention, and he is hungry to be the best and fight the opposition around him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Simmons? Mitchell? Pff give it to my boy Andre Ingram.

Cried so much watching his story before the game. And then he was incredible in the game and his wife was so emotional during the in-game interview.

Best story of the season. Good way of rounding out the season with an emotional story after that story about Tristan Thompson cheating on Khloe. Maybe she should just consider a boring white guy at this point Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:All in all its just a massive pile of excuses from people who are butt hurt Simmons is better.

Simmons is a better overall player, no doubt. We can see the impact that he has, and he will most probably go down to be the more successful and impactful player of the two in question.

But this is rookie of the season with emphasis on season. Yea, Simmons is better. Yea, you can argue he has had a better season as well. But has he really? I think it is a genuine debate considering the type of team Mitchell found himself in and how he established himself in that team when he was the 13th pick overall, and how he has looked so matured so quickly in a team when he has not been around as long as Simmons has been with his team.

I even love the boy more for what he did with that sweatshirt. Goes to show he wants the attention, and he is hungry to be the best and fight the opposition around him.

It's actually Rookie of the year. And the year now is 2018.

In 2018 Jazz has the best record and mitchell has like 23ppg  hmm

Confirmed

Also the sweatshirt is something every Jazz fan should be estatic about. It's the most people have talked about them in their history. Mitchell is a star. Love him. Only player I'd pick over Lonzo from this draft class in a re-draft.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:13 am

Bucks out here losing on purpose
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:41 am

Not watching the game but just looked at the score

Bucks are shit, but I don't think they're that shit, especially when we beat the Embiid-less 76ers like a month and a half ago. I imagine we must have #7 on lock if we lose?

If that's true I'm all for it
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 am

Both Wizards and Heat are losing rn Laughing

If they all lose Bucks stay in 6...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:12 am

Close game in Minnesota
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 am

Refs out here gifting Wolves the win. Nuggets getting hammered on every shot. Meanwhile Wolves are getting to the line every time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:44 am

Fultz with a triple double off the bench...

We beat San Antonio pretty easily now hopefully Utah beat Portland so we play the Blazers in the first round.

Fittingly Denver and Minnesota is in OT coming down to one last possession.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:46 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 7 SEED

Well done Milwaukee, you played this end of season run well
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:46 am

THE DROUGHT IS FINALLY OVER

YOUR MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS

HISTORIC NIGHT
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:05 am

So unless I'm *bleep* things up these are the match ups.

Rockets-Wolves
Warriors-Spurs.
Jazz-Thunder (either 3-6 or 4-5)
Blazers-Pelicans (either 3-6 or 4-5)

Raptors- Wizards
Celtics- Bucks
76ers - Heat
Cavs - Pacers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:11 am

Warriors-Spurs would be sooooo fun, if Kawhi wasn't injured but I guess we are not allowed nice things.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 am

Playoffs not gonna be the same without André Ingram
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next