Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 21 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:10 am

So this will have nothing to do with Witcher, just another modern milking attempt. Most of the developers left after finishing Witcher, isn't based on books and new engine, which will force it to be different. Who the hell would want to play game because of Witcher mechanics only? And because this is shared project with Epic, I expect a lot of woke in the game too.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 21 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by M99 Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am

CD Projekt Red confirms new Witcher medallion is a lynx

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-03-23-cd-projekt-red-confirms-new-witcher-medallion-is-a-lynx

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:00 am

I was about to say it does look like a cat indeed but a little different lol

so entirely new witcher school then? maybe years after all witchers have died out someone finds a way to keep the race going and creates a new school

that'd fit into the create your own witcher type of story.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:50 pm

I hope its a fixed character and not someone you create, maximum choosing sex and appearance like in Cyberpunk.

A lot of the appeal of the Witcher games were Geralt as the protagonist and his interactions with the world. Well developed protagonist > generic character creation, at least for the Witcher.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:53 pm

If its not Geralt I want it entirely new. Yes Ciri is great and her story is not yet finished and she can explore different dimensions but something about it doesnt excite me.

The Witcher universe is quite detailed and comprehensive as it doesnt need to be exclusive to Geralt and Ciri and exploring an entirely new house would shed more light on the contrast between Wolf and Lynx etc.

I agree with Rinc as create a character in anything did nothing for me as when I game I'm not looking to experience the world as if I am the character but experience a well-written fleshed out character as no create a character experience will be even close to rivalling Geralt.

A lot of people are now officially against CDPR so this really is their chance to win back the public.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:12 pm

Harmonica wrote:So this will have nothing to do with Witcher, just another modern milking attempt. Most of the developers left after finishing Witcher, isn't based on books and new engine, which will force it to be different. Who the hell would want to play game because of Witcher mechanics only? And because this is shared project with Epic, I expect a lot of woke in the game too.

Well it's the studio's attempt at winning back fans after cyberflop. The Witcher world is great and if they manage to replicate the same atmosphere, stories, characters etc then it will be a great game. But it's also their first attempt at creating a witcher game without any source material so let's see how it goes

rincon wrote:I hope its a fixed character and not someone you create, maximum choosing sex and appearance like in Cyberpunk.

A lot of the appeal of the Witcher games were Geralt as the protagonist and his interactions with the world. Well developed protagonist > generic character creation, at least for the Witcher.

Yea same. It suits the witcher world more when it's a set character
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:30 pm

I see Harmonica is still being a weirdo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Harmonica is threatened by any RPG not named Elder Scrolls from 2003 nothing new hence why he is against Elden GOAT.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:41 pm

My personal best game of all time. I always thought that you cant get have an upper edge over mass effect 2 but CD projekt proved me wrong at the time. I have not personally read the books but I first started into getting serious about when the OG 2007 Witcher game out. Many people might know but at time it was a huge thing, the original is still a decent RPG but it surely has not aged well. I know the cyberpunk gets a lot of hate but in terms of writing its almost at par with Witcher 3 imho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:12 pm

Witcher 3 was very good. Somehow when i rethink of this game it's the Blood and Wine DLC that comes to mind first, it was a beautiful setup.

CD Projekt Red have a few projects on the line including a remake of Witcher 1

Looks like Geralt story is over, well according to the ending i got he gets eaten by monsters

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 21 Cd_pro10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:46 am

We need a Ciri Witcher 4 storyline like we need oxygen
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:49 am

the xcx wrote:My personal best game of all time. I always thought that you cant get have an upper edge over mass effect 2 but CD projekt proved me wrong at the time. I have not personally read the books but I first started into getting serious about when the OG 2007 Witcher game out. Many people might know but at time it was a huge thing, the original is still a decent RPG but it surely has not aged well. I know the cyberpunk gets a lot of hate but in terms of writing its almost at par with Witcher 3 imho.

Nothing beats Mass Effect gtfo
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:42 pm

Best story in a open world rpg ever, but mediocre game with completely broken mechanics, and rolling on the ground combat. Not a top 10 all time open world 3D rpg.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:32 pm

Vibe wrote:
the xcx wrote:My personal best game of all time. I always thought that you cant get have an upper edge over mass effect 2 but CD projekt proved me wrong at the time. I have not personally read the books but I first started into getting serious about when the OG 2007 Witcher game out. Many people might know but at time it was a huge thing, the original is still a decent RPG but it surely has not aged well. I know the cyberpunk gets a lot of hate but in terms of writing its almost at par with Witcher 3 imho.

Oh it does every conceivable

Nothing beats Mass Effect gtfo

Oh it does with every conceivable way whether it will be graphic wise/gameplay/characters/lore/story/music/atmosphere etc. The only thing Mass effect does have a slight edge is on the impact of choices perhaps. You may take account of course my slight favoritism of medieval era towards Scfi

Last edited by the xcx on Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:35 pm

Harmonica wrote:Best story in a open world rpg ever, but mediocre game with completely broken mechanics, and rolling on the ground combat. Not a top 10 all time open world 3D rpg.

Gameplay wise that would be Elden Ring on #1 but jesus I wish they would abolish their way of telling stories with riddles.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:45 am

Harmonica is into Bethesda games which are hilariously outdated in graphic, animation and overall format it's hard to take that opinion seriously. Starfield failed hard.

Witcher 3 is definitely amongst the best. If you like the game see it in the PS5 upgrade. Graphics looks quite better and the new camera angle does wonders.

Haptic feedback is a gem too
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:19 am

The Witcher series is by far my favorite WRPG series, 2 or 3 not sure which one I liked more, although I think 3 is likely the best one.

CDPR is on a different level than Bethesda games by now. Cyberpunk, post technical fixes, is also incredible.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:08 pm

I only found out CP was good recently I assumed it flopped but apparently it turned itself into a graphical god and looks absolutely ridiculous.

WTF have bethesda even done thats even close to that Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:20 pm

CP was always amazing if you were lucky enough to avoid all the technical mess. I played it on release and it only crashed twice on me in more than 60 hours with no big glitches either. Was just lucky.

Now with a PS5, the improvements, and the DLC it should be even better. I will probably replay at some point when games releases dry up a bit.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:29 pm

Played open world rpg's since 90's (Ultima), and wrote game guides already back then. It's an instant tell for me when somebody says CDPR engine is better than Bethesda engine, that the person doesn't know at all what the hell he's talking about. Just fanboy nonsense.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:41 pm

On what basis is Bethesda better? Graphically the games never even particularly impressed at their own time? It's bug-ridden, outdated, stiff animations and terrible facial animations.

I am not seeing the basis for your argument lol
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:05 pm

Tbh I don't usually care to argue about it with someone who hasn't played enough of them to understand the difference. I've learnt already that nobody in Internet changes their opinion because of anonymity, so why bother arguing? It's just a waste of time.
Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 21 GO5LkIJ

But with 10 second thinking comparing the engines, Creation Engine has superior dynamism, real time physics, in engine dialogue scenes, seemless 1st/3rd person gameplay, superior modding support... I mean who remembers empty paper npc's in W3, closed as fuck Novigrad, blinking scipted loot bodies, lv number based enemy scaling, no crime... and rakes, rakes everywhere, chests, cupboards, shelves... Fck me it's the best story I've played in an open world rpg, because it's a good adaptation of established book, but my god was the gameplay mediocre.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:24 pm

Harmonica wrote:Tbh I don't usually care to argue about it with someone who hasn't played enough of them to understand the difference. I've learnt already that nobody in Internet changes their opinion because of anonymity, so why bother arguing? It's just a waste of time.

But with 10 second thinking comparing the engines, Creation Engine has superior dynamism, real time physics, in engine dialogue scenes, seemless 1st/3rd person gameplay, superior modding support... I mean who remembers empty paper npc's in W3, closed as fuck Novigrad, blinking scipted loot bodies, lv number based enemy scaling, no crime... and rakes, rakes everywhere, chests, cupboards, shelves... Fck me it's the best story I've played in an open world rpg, because it's a good adaptation of established book, but my god was the gameplay mediocre.

Nobody cares about all these stuff if your game looks like it was released in the PS3 era, just compare Starfield nightclub to Cyberpunk. Laughing

Case closed.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:27 pm

I always  Rolling Eyes  when someone does loaded comparisons for the meme-generation. Look I can make one too

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 21 Hle8DQB

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 21 ZH0Hcb4
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:46 pm

Harmonica wrote:Tbh I don't usually care to argue about it with someone who hasn't played enough of them to understand the difference. I've learnt already that nobody in Internet changes their opinion because of anonymity, so why bother arguing? It's just a waste of time.

We simply value different things. I've played half of those games and the witcher and cyberpunk are much more enjoyable and memorable to me. From Bethesda games Fallout 3/NV left a much bigger impression on me than elders scrolls. Even Neverwinter nights 2 I liked more than Oblivion.

CDPR games have better characters, dialogue, graphics, narratives, and combat, and in the end that's what I get more out of. Modding and more freedom is cool in Bethesda games, I like them too, but less than a compelling world, narrative, and characters.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:00 pm

rincon wrote:

We simply value different things. I've played half of those games and the witcher and cyberpunk are much more enjoyable and memorable to me. From Bethesda games Fallout 3/NV left a much bigger impression on me than elders scrolls. Even Neverwinter nights 2 I liked more than Oblivion.

CDPR games have better characters, dialogue, graphics, narratives, and combat,  and in the end that's what I get more out of. Modding and more freedom is cool in Bethesda games, I like them too, but less than a compelling world, narrative, and characters.
Witcher 3 has great story, narrative like I said. And the main characters are well established, being developed in books and 2 games prior. But that's it, dialogue isn't anything special. And graphics aren't either, Starfield blows Cyberpunk out of the water in some scenes, and some it doesn't. CDPR is more geared on storytelling and that's is shown in pre-rendered dialogue scenes. But what you gain in story telling, you lose in gameplay, immersion and modding support. Something dynamic and random like this could never happen in CDPR game cutscene.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/17ayrsi/you_saved_me_life/

For gamers the gameplay is always the most important part of the experience, then comes everything else.

Last edited by Harmonica on Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next