Kaladin
Bellabong
Harmonica
25 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Stop being mean, Mole. It's not Firenze's fault that DMC5 and Yakuza 0 weren't more like.. the Fast and the Furious franchise.

Some people play games for a short while before they conclude that they're not going to enjoy them. I'm under the impression that both Firenze and RG fall into that category. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's probably a good thing that they don't review games Razz On second thought, I think I'd enjoy reading reviews of games they don't like hmm

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Nothing wrong with it, but most of his criticisms seem a bit silly when you consider the facts.

Overhyped gameplay - You didn't play any of the best gameplay sections and the character that provides them.

V is a numpty, you were involved with him for a grand total of two chapters or so lol. His character arc changes quite a lot as you progress.

You may still dislike him who knows but again you're speaking from a position of massively incomplete information.

Not liking a game is fine, but talking like you finished the game when you haven't got close is dumb. It's like me saying Bloodborne is shite if i stopped playing at Father Gascoigne ( i didn't btw i stopped long before that Laughing ) but you get the point and it's equally as dumb.

Again people giving up on a game early is fine, in fact i support it lol. But please don't act like you've finished the game when you criticise it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:But please don't act like you've finished the game when you criticise it.

That's such an interesting concept, though. I want to start a game reviewing site called "Ain't no one etc" with Firenze and RG as my only game reviewers.

"Bland colors, stupid characters, story sucked imo. Played it for 2 full hours and I already know this sucks. HYPEJOB. Next."

"Watched the trailer, looked bad imo".

"Nothing ever happens. I deserve an award for getting to chapter 3".

Would be pure gold.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Thimmy wrote:That's fabulous, Firenze. How about playing some FIFA co-op seasons? hmm

Look at my game history you utter numpty. I've played a far more varied and wide library than you, someone that's utterly obsessed with FIFA and COD years after I've touched them. So pipe down already.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote:Fact is atmospheric shooters review meh (if sub 90 is your metric of meh) unless your BioShock, Doom was an 85 and Wolfenstein was a 79.

I knew this would happen and it doesn't bother me one bit, these type of games are just remembered more fondly once the players actually play them than the reviews actually indicate.

Thinking Division is actually atmospheric lmao rofl

It's a Destiny rip off in boring present day garbage.

As for your DMC take, not even getting to Dante and giving your opinion makes that opinion null and void tbh.

I was parodying your post about the Mehtro reviews with that. Division is atmospheric though.

Also, using 2/3 characters but I gotta get to the one character locked halfway through the game before I can judge it, seems legit. IDC if he's super fun to use. V and Nero bored me to tears. I was bamboozled by the praise from certain publications about the gameplay being GOAT for the action genre.

My opinion was after like 4-5 hours so it's completely valid. Almost half of the game. Friend finished the 20 missions in something like 7.5 hours.

I disliked the time I spent with it, or rather, it just did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe after I'd put in 60 hours and mastered the combat system I'd find it fun, but ain't nobody got time for that. Seemed like a game I'd have quit after completing the story once anyway.

It's a filler game, if you like it fine, but let's not act like it's GOTY worthy. One of those games people enjoy during a quiet month and then forget about by the summer. :coffee:

Last edited by Firenze on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:15 pm

How is the soundtrack bad? Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Soundtrack being bad is purely subjective tbh.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Firenze wrote:

My opinion was after like 4-5 hours so it's completely valid. Almost half of the game. Friend finished the 20 missions in something like 7.5 hours.

How did he do that? I definitely spent longer than that before I finished the game. I'm pretty sure I read that most people spent around 15 hours playing through the entire game. Your friend is a wizard hmm

I was serious about playing FIFA co-op seasons, by the way. I've hardly played FIFA 19, but I want to get to div 1 in co-op seasons, and I can't do that with the friends and colleagues I've played with in the past. I prefer playing FIFA co-op more than solo.

Last edited by Thimmy on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Firenze wrote:
Thimmy wrote:That's fabulous, Firenze. How about playing some FIFA co-op seasons? hmm

Look at my game history you utter numpty. I've played a far more varied and wide library than you, someone that's utterly obsessed with FIFA and COD years after I've touched them. So pipe down already.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote:Fact is atmospheric shooters review meh (if sub 90 is your metric of meh) unless your BioShock, Doom was an 85 and Wolfenstein was a 79.

I knew this would happen and it doesn't bother me one bit, these type of games are just remembered more fondly once the players actually play them than the reviews actually indicate.

Thinking Division is actually atmospheric lmao rofl

It's a Destiny rip off in boring present day garbage.

As for your DMC take, not even getting to Dante and giving your opinion makes that opinion null and void tbh.

I was parodying your post about the Mehtro reviews with that. Division is atmospheric though.

Also, using 2/3 characters but I gotta get to the one character locked halfway through the game before I can judge it, seems legit. IDC if he's super fun to use. V and Nero bored me to tears. I was bamboozled by the praise from certain publications about the gameplay being GOAT for the action genre.

I disliked the time I spent with it, or rather, it just did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe after I'd put in 60 hours and mastered the combat system I'd find it fun, but ain't nobody got time for that. Seemed like a game I'd have quit after completing the story once anyway.

It's a filler game, if you like it fine, but let's not act like it's GOTY worthy. One of those games people enjoy during a quiet month and then forget about by the summer. :coffee:

This is fine lol, i disagree but it's fine. The comments before were very definitive without actually experiencing any of it lol.

Also i get the feeling from your post you aren't using the combat system to it's full potential, on default difficulty at least it's not a particularly difficult game but if you experiment with all the combos it gives you a feeling very few games can match.

I genuinely think it's one of the best combat systems I've played alongside the new GoW, but that's my opinion and you don't have to like it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Firenze wrote:

How did he do that? I definitely spent longer than that before I finished the game. I'm pretty sure I read that most people spent around 15 hours playing through the entire game. Your friend is a wizard hmm

Was gonna say lol, probably took me longer than 15 tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:27 pm

howlongtobeat says 'rushing' the game would take just under 8 hours and the average is just under 11, maybe he said 8.5, at any rate, I put enough time into the game to have a valid opinion tbh. If I'm not feeling a game after like 40%, then chances are it won't improve enough to the point I'd enjoy it. Even if it did, it's still a thoroughly mediocre game for me.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 pm

another friend said they finished it and only died towards the end of the game, it did feel too easy on the default difficulty early on, somehow I was getting S rank while feeling like I was playing like complete crap. It seemed like you could probably beat default just by button mashing.

Anyway GoW is a good point, maybe the reviews and opinions I read gave me the impression the combat system was going to feel GOAT from the outset, like, with GoW it was incredibly satisfying immediately, IMO. I'm not saying DMC5 won't get to that point once you master it and can pull off insane combo's but realistically how many people are going to stick around for that?

I also think the shifting narrative to V was breaking my immersion because I couldn't really spend enough time with Nero early on to get comfortable with the playstyle. I mean, variety is healthy long term but it was annoying for me when I'm playing in short sessions.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:34 pm

This sounds mental lol, not sure how much i care but still.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Firenze wrote:

I was serious about playing FIFA co-op seasons, by the way. I've hardly played FIFA 19, but I want to get to div 1 in co-op seasons, and I can't do that with the friends and colleagues I've played with in the past. I prefer playing FIFA co-op more than solo.

I haven't played Fifa since Fifa 17

General Games Discussion - Page 35 PLxrd7M
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm keeping tabs on this google thing, they have enough money and influence that it could end up fantastic with proper support, but we'll see.

Last edited by Firenze on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Firenze wrote:another friend said they finished it and only died towards the end of the game, it did feel too easy on the default difficulty early on, somehow I was getting S rank while feeling like I was playing like complete crap. It seemed like you could probably beat default just by button mashing.

Anyway GoW is a good point, maybe the reviews and opinions I read gave me the impression the combat system was going to feel GOAT from the outset, like, with GoW it was incredibly satisfying immediately, IMO. I'm not saying DMC5 won't get to that point once you master it and can pull off insane combo's but realistically how many people are going to stick around for that?

I also think the shifting narrative to V was breaking my immersion because I couldn't really spend enough time with Nero early on to get comfortable with the playstyle. I mean, variety is healthy long term but it was annoying for me when I'm playing in short sessions.

I don't honestly disagree, i think they could have paced the game better from that standpoint and made it more difficult from the outset to force people to use things you learn to merely advance.

But i think it's clear the game was made with fans in mind which explains a lot of the design choices.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:38 pm

So, you didn't get to the part where you play as Dante? Here are some of the things you missed out on. I had a lot of fun playing around with his weapons and trying to get those SS/SSS ranks by switching up weapons and battle stances. Why did you play on the lowest difficulty? rofl Spoilers, by the way:

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Stadia sounds pretty good if you're into streaming games... up until Google pulls the plug and you can't play your games anymore. Or the serves screw up.

Am I an old man for still preferring hard copies of games so I can play them whenever I want regardless of my internet connection?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 pm

It's going to flop.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:04 pm

The general consensus seems to be that, in the US, the data caps (lmao Laughing ) will make it night impossible to play games. Thank God UK and the rest of the world has sane laws regarding internet bandwidth.

My issue is, MENA region constantly fucked when it comes to this shit, lord PS4 downloads take days, online games like LoL and DOTA constantly have 200-300 ms. Nobody sets up servers here. We connecting to Turkey then rerouting to Germany or some shit.

Heck, i remember when PS NOw released, wanted to try it out and they told me that i wasn't legible for it ( Laughing )

So if it buckles in the US, and it tanks in the MENA region, the only valid market is...EU and East Asia? Seems like the business side of this project was an after thought.

I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but until we fucking get some smart people that can solve these connectivity issues in obscure places - heck not even obscure, just forgotten, then this shit is going to be OnLive 2.0.

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:17 pm

PS Now wasn't available here until recently, either. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't due to some bandwidth limitations. We have one of the fastest bandwidths in the world, on average, as well the fastest, mobile internet in the world. I have no clue why they left us out of access, initially. I'm definitely going to use PS Now, at some point. I just wish it had been available here sooner. I would've seriously considered buying a PSP if I could just stream games on it. I guess that's too late now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Kaladin wrote:The general consensus seems to be that, in the US, the data caps (lmao Laughing ) will make it night impossible to play games. Thank God UK and the rest of the world has sane laws regarding internet bandwidth.

My issue is, MENA region constantly fucked when it comes to this shit, lord PS4 downloads take days, online games like LoL and DOTA constantly have 200-300 ms. Nobody sets up servers here. We connecting to Turkey then rerouting to Germany or some shit.

Heck, i remember when PS NOw released, wanted to try it out and they told me that i wasn't legible for it ( Laughing )

So if it buckles in the US, and it tanks in the MENA region, the only valid market is...EU and East Asia? Seems like the business side of this project was an after thought.

I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but until we fucking get some smart people that can solve these connectivity issues in obscure places - heck not even obscure, just forgotten, then this shit is going to be OnLive 2.0.

Imagine thinking the world is ready for a streaming gaming only service rofl

GoOMEGALULogle.

Even Microsoft aren't that dumb.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:04 pm

I don't know why i was under the impression that GL hates Twitch emotes but indeed, G :OMEGALUL: :OMEGALUL: gle
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:07 pm

Kaladin wrote:I don't know why i was under the impression that GL hates Twitch emotes but indeed, G :OMEGALUL: :OMEGALUL: gle

Tbf I'm probably one of the few who watches Twitch constantly.

When I'm not working I'm playing games I'm watching twitch streams. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Ladsssss
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 pm

I don't mind streaming games if they provide the same experience as I am having with games installed on my hard drive.

However I foresee bad practices coming to ruin the experience for us. Most notably the exclusive deals different streaming services may sign with game developers/publishers. Imagine having to subscribe to 4 or 5 different services if you want to play all the good games. We'll all be skinned.

And the last one is more personal, one thing I like about playing on PC is the modding aspect of it and how I can change the rules for myself or DLCs unlocked by modifying a few files on my hard drive. This will no longer possible.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:49 pm

M99 wrote:Google is going to reveal their console on GDC.
Is it going to be a console? I thought it would all be in the cloud.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next