futbol
Myesyats
eelir
43 posters

Page 30 of 36 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 30 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 pm

Part of the problem is that covid really impacted revenues while wages remained constant. In a normal year we probably would be alright by now in the revenues to wages ratio.

The other part is that the ratio takes into account amortized transfer fees , which don't go away even if you sell the player.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:24 am

Oh. Didn't realize it included amortized transfer fees. If that's the case, then it's just accounting. Should improve over the next 2 years. Cash flow should be much better which is the much bigger problem.
A much better ratio would be wages/operating cash flow.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:03 am

Laporta did well so far in offloading players. Would be great if he could do so with Coutinho and Umtiti too. the squad would be thin but they are not going to play in any way. Hope we get more good news during the January transfer.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:20 am

alexjanosik wrote:Well, we need rotation. I don't want to see Pedri play 75 games again. So he can play instead of Pedri in some games and subbed in early.
Also could see a midfield of FDJ, Pedri, Olmo in home games. I know coaches seem to think DM is not FDJ's best position. But playing pivot would enable him to utilize his best asset. Breaking lines with his excellent dribbling from deep.
Alternatively FDJ could play in the back 3 and Olmo in midfield. All sorts of combinations in midfield I feel. Plus Olmo has played in the forward line as well. With Ansu and Dembele having question marks , can play Olmo on the wing.
I don't agree with the price either BTW. Time to get him was before the Leipzig move. He went relatively cheap. But if we are looking for a goal scoring midfielder who is also good technically, Olmo is a pretty good option.

Good argument, didnt really see it that way but I agree. Like you said, relatively cheap it would make some good sense. This is also why I wanted us to push for Van De Beek if it was at all possible this summer, even if on loan.

Myesyats wrote:

We really need to stop overpaying for scrubs

Along these lines, we really need to change the way we have signed players. Nothing at all wrong with spending money on top quality players, but those guys really need to be undoubted top quality. It is almost impossible for Olmo to prove his worth if the transfer is at that 70m mark.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:40 am

neuro11 wrote:Laporta did well so far in offloading players. Would be great if he could do so with Coutinho and Umtiti too. the squad would be thin but they are not going to play in any way. Hope we get more good news during the January transfer.

I think these 2 are by a distance the most difficult.

Neither have proven themselves as top players in about 2-3 seasons and are yet, paid as such.

I can only see Umititi going if he choses to take a pay cut to join Ligue 1.

Coutinho similarly to Serie A.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 pm

Reports Umtiti has agreed to a wage reduction. If that's true, and the Pjanic wage reduction and the captains wage reduction is also true, would have to say job well done by LaPorta.
Lot of ifs as I am still taking the rumors of Pjanic and the captains wage reduction with a grain of salt. Still, seems like progress towards implementing a wage structure. The challenge is to institutionalize the wage structure and make laws so that we are not put in the same situation again.
Second challenge is securing CL. Little nervous now that Griezman has also left. Sole goal for the season and next has to be CL spots. If we can finish in the CL spots over the next 2 seasons while maintaining current wage structure, would drastically improve our financial position.
Hope we don't prioritize the Copa with a thin squad. Entire focus has to be the league.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:46 pm

alexjanosik wrote: The challenge is to institutionalize the wage structure and make laws so that we are not put in the same situation again.

Would you say something like a self imposed salary cap?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Yes, something similar to Madrid who don't blow up their wage structure.
I believe Barca has something in the laws that wages can't go beyond a certain limit but you can always manipulate using clever accounting. So, I don't know how to go about institutionalizing a wage structure. Maybe, have an independent firm audit market wage rates each year and have our wage structure strictly in line with market rates and a certain percentage of revenue each year.
Otherwise, I fear this could repeat in the future as well.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Found Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Sounds like you’re growing interested in an arsenal youth player
https://www.football-espana.net/2021/09/17/barcelona-linked-with-arsenal-teen-star-charlie-patino

17 years old, midfielder. Most recent performance: (better to judge from a match comp than highlights)

But would you pick him over a Gavi though?
Found
Found
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Looks quality, very elegant. I'm impressed but its impossible to truly judge after 2-3 games, they're very young and raw players. Patino seems physically better though. Theres plenty of playing time to go around in Barca B and the first team so I wouldnt mind having both of course, you never know which one can handle pressure better when thrown in the into lions den. So basically there's enough room for both Gavi and others like Charlie.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:25 pm

Dani Alves open to return if called upon.

I'd do it without hesitation. His influence on the young guys would be great, he has the right mindset and I know the locker room will be better with him in there.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:20 pm

The rumor is they'll not going to go through with it but the logical thing would be to sign him on a free and ideally drop Roberto renewal talks. Its time to move him on.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Yep. Apperently they don't want to interfere with Dest and Mingueza, which is a bit of a silly way of looking it considering

A. We had Emerson Royal set to rotate with Dest with no intention of selling.

B. Dani Alves isn't going to demand to play alot at this stage of his career. I'd argue him just being there helps those 2 players as much as anyone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:10 pm

With Xavi likely coming in, alot of talk about incomings.

I've heard Kounde, Coman and Van De Beek so far. All good options but far fetched to a degree, though I think Van De Beek would be a good move if Utd agree a loan.

I think we need to solve the right side sooner or later and as talented as Dembele is, for a number of reasons his future is a unknown.

Wish we had the money to sign either Raphinha from Leeds or Pedro Neto from Wolves. 2 big talents imo.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:44 pm

How do you fix both defense and attack with no money. Kounde alone would be very expensive and he's just a piece of the puzzle. Araujo is injury prone, Alba and Dest need to be replaced / upgraded too. This will be a long process.

I suppose we will end up selling out to some Dubai based firm eventually!!!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:With Xavi likely coming in, alot of talk about incomings.

I've heard Kounde, Coman and Van De Beek so far. All good options but far fetched to a degree, though I think Van De Beek would be a good move if Utd agree a loan.

I think we need to solve the right side sooner or later and as talented as Dembele is, for a number of reasons his future is a unknown.

Wish we had the money to sign either Raphinha from Leeds or Pedro Neto from Wolves. 2 big talents imo.

We dont have the money for Kounde, Coman. VDB is possible on a loan although not sure what he solves. Maybe he can be a goal scoring midfielder given our struggle for goals.
Right side is an issue. I personally like Demeble. He has had terrible luck with injuries but he seemed to put it behind him last season. If he resigns and the injury issues are behind him, we can do much worse than Dembele. Blistering pace, can beat his man, can score goals.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:18 pm

Yeah as I said, these rumours seem far fetched.

I like Dembele too, but you can't rely on him as the only right sided player imo.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:25 pm

Raphinha is legit. I would really like him to join us but yeah it's far fetched to say the least.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:26 pm

On that note even Antony from Ajax is very good option to juggle with Dembele imo. Don't know his contract situation though.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:33 pm

Antony is a baller too, agreed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:44 am

Would so love Coman, the guy has been amazing for Bayern, and whats amazing is he plays on n off in n out of the team, but basically delivers almost every time he plays. Took him a while but it seems hes finally matured into a complete players. Seriously dont think we would be that lucky to get him though, we cant afford anything, n none of those at the club knows the right players to bring in it seems anyway Razz Hope Xavi coming in fixes that if he can bring in some fresh scouts or ppl whos responsible for that.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:35 am

Dani Alves dreams of a potential return to Barça to finish his fantastic career. President Laporta and Xavi are evaluating this possible signing to give an expert guide to the young talents at the club. Talks have opened and a meeting will be scheduled in the next few days. [uol]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:20 pm

Latest rumors

- Thiago Alcantara on loan (Xavi likes him a lot)
- Karim Adeyemi, talks advanced
- Raheem Sterling (I'm not sure how, but his situation definitely worsened with Grealish moving there)

I'm not fond of the Sterling rumors, we need people who can finish and he can't score goals to save his damn life.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:56 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:53 pm

Thiago not coming. Pool didn't sign him just to loan him after such a short time, especially not with Keita going to the AFCON.

Also, already have enough deep lying midfielders with the "discovery" of Nico.

In terms of midfielder, I'd still push for Van De Beek.

I understand the need for a winger, we simply don't have the depth. Can't rely on Dembele and we can't push Fati. There is no 3rd option. Memphis really isn't someone to stretch the field, Demir isn't that kind and Collado can't play. Share the concerns over Sterling's finishing of course, but as a loan I'd obviously take him.

I have no opinion of Adeyemi.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:01 am

On a cheap loan, Sterling would be an awesome signing. Would be our best forward by a comfortable margin. Pace, dribbling, can set up goals, score reasonably well. I would be super excited if we signed him.
Not a fan of signing Thiago. He is an exceptional midfielder but injury prone and old.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 36 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36  Next