Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 43 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:01 pm

Summer 2022 Wishlist
Lamptey,Bellingham,Jeremy Doku

==================
If we have another midtable finish and no European football might as well not bother with the market and only promote Youth players
Lots of good talents who will be knocking on the door next season

Patino seems to very highly rated

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 43 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Some strong links with Tammy today. Probably agent talk but who knows

Tammy? yes? no?

might as well since Lacazette will most likely leave on a free next summer and Aubameyang is in the dumps.

@Sina bro we're never getting Bellingham, he probably ends up with Bayern, and if not Bayern some other rich club.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:33 am

RealGunner wrote:Some strong links with Tammy today. Probably agent talk but who knows

Tammy? yes? no?

This would be a waste signing so no. Tammy cant take us any further than we are.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:20 pm

Sounds like we are officially pulling out of signing Ramsdale because Sheffield won’t settle for anything less than 30M Laughing

It’s refreshing to see other clubs make terrible decisions as well once in a while. I can see him forcing his way out for less than 1/2 of that in one year’s time.

That said, it is very unclear who our plan B is. He’s not homegrown, but perhaps Onana?
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Neto (Barcelona's 2nd choice) is 2nd pick, apparently. Wouldn't surprise me if Sam Johnstone (WBA) and Freddie Woodman (Swansea) were targets also since they're both English and theoretically cheaper than Ramsdale. Wouldn't rule out Sheff Utd coming down on their Ramsdale price either.

There's an interesting thing emerging from Italy about Roma going for Lacazette if they can't get Abraham. The reports at the moment are suggesting Abraham would quite like to join Arsenal. 1+1=?

Odegaard is the rumour that won't die. Maddison has gone cold. Aouar has returned as the unconvincing alternative no one seems to want despite his reduction in value. If neither of these three turn up this summer then don't bet on an attacking midfielder coming at all.

Willock is off to Newcastle for roughly £20m. Good fee for a player not in the plans though does make the signing of a new AM even more pressing. We're one ESR injury from Willian playing there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:30 pm

- solid backup goalie on a reasonable price
- both Odegaard + Aouar on the money we were willing to pay Maddison
- sell Lacazette, get Tammy

i'm happy tbh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:44 pm

Villa and Spurs are after Ward prowse
We ahould be in for him as well imo
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:41 pm

I don't mind at all. Good talent. Will only improve
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:52 pm

He can be a real technical leader in midfield and has a final pass Smith Rowe hasn't developed yet. We only saw his ability in flashes while he was on loan but hopefully him having a fresh start with us will help him find consistency.

Meanwhile:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/joe-willock-joins-newcastle-permanent-deal

I did like Willock because he brought something different to our midfield but his technique never convinced me. Seems a good deal for all involved.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:01 pm

25m is amazing for him. Hope we have some sort of sell on clause. If Willock had the technical ability of Aouar he would be perfect for us.

But it doesn't look like the club plans on adding another CM
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:22 pm

Oedegaard, that would be absolutely fucking awesome but honestly, I don't feel like it will happen
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:33 pm

It will happen. Odegaard wants Arsenal

Carlo said in his presser today he has told Odegaard and Vallejo that he'll cut one of th from the squad and there are 8 players competing for the same spot as Odegaard. Vallejo will likely be our 4th CB leaving Odegaard as the odd one out
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:42 pm

And Arsenal really, really want Odegaard. He's been their top target all summer. I'd be surprised if they weren't ready to offer good money to get the deal done.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:32 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:51 pm

Amazing news.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:58 pm

but just earlier today AFCBell said that Maddison is our #1 goal and we are stepping up our pursuit for him. In addition, we will still continue talks with Odegaard as well in case the Maddison deal doesn't work out. hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:58 pm

nvm, seems like it's a done deal
let's see what happens with Auba and Laca now, and if we can get anyone else still in. Backup goalie probably up next, heard rumblings that the Ramsdale interest is still alive
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:24 pm

I really just wish that with Arteta's tactics it really meant anything.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:51 pm

6unner wrote:I really just wish that with Arteta's tactics it really meant anything.

Exactly. If they are going to play the same predictable football, it makes no difference
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:31 am

30m on Ramsdale, 30m on Odengaard, that takes Arsenal over 100m this summer. Are you guys happy with it? Maddison would take you over 200 right?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:49 am

Nishankly wrote:30m on Ramsdale, 30m on Odengaard, that takes Arsenal over 100m this summer. Are you guys happy with it? Maddison would take you over 200 right?

Worst spending in Arsenal history, would have been better not to sign anyone. Very Happy

We won't finish in the top 10.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:31 pm

Nishankly wrote:30m on Ramsdale, 30m on Odengaard, that takes Arsenal over 100m this summer. Are you guys happy with it? Maddison would take you over 200 right?

maddison is dead

This will be the end of our transfer window unless we shift Bellerin and Lacazette/Auba.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:16 pm

After Odegaard and Ramsdale is done. Adding Aouar for a CM spot would really be a dream. Apart from that RB spot we will be well covered with good players. If *managed properly* the team could really challenge for a top 4 spot.

Alternating between 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 given the strength of the opposition would be ideal if we have a player who is comfortable at both CM and AM. Also shifting out one of Auba/Laca would be helpful as we need to free up that LWF spot from Auba.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Very happy with the Odegaard signing. Perfect age, profile. We have a decent group of young players that a new manager can work with when Arteta gets sacked.

Ben White and Ramsdale, time will tell. They're expensive but if the homegrown quota increases and they are Premier League quality players for the long term, we won't be looking back at their fees with any grievances.

More concerned that we haven't moved any of Bellerin, Kolasinac, Torreira, Laca, AMN. I understand the market isn't easy but this is not the squad reset we need.

Hopefully we'll see some movement in the remaining two weeks.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:32 am

Given the situation we find ourselves in with respect to the homegrown rules, the fact that we have no European football to offer the top players in the world, and the public declaration from the Kroenke's that they would be investing this summer, I think that this summer can best be defined as a productive one where we did what we had to do. We had to target young, preferably English talent who we feel will grow into world class players, and pay what we needed to to bring them in across a number of different positions that needed new players, from clubs that mostly didn't want to sell their best youth talents and who knew that we had money to spend.

Edu has gotten good value out of most of the signings that he has made thus far (let's forget about Willian smoking), this is the first time that he really had a budget to play with, and we hired several scouts this summer, so I am hoping that we have made some good choices even if the players we have signed did cost a lot more than we would have liked. I was pretty fired up about the Ben White and Aaron Ramsdale deals a few weeks ago because it seemed crazy to me to pay so much for these guys, but this Odegaard signing has improved my mood big time. Odegaard made a huge impact on the pace of our attacking play once he joined last season and I think he's going to be world class.

I don't know if we are done yet after we complete the Odegaard and Ramsdale deals, as another RB and/or winger would be great, but at this point we definitely need to shift a number of bodies out the door before we can make anything else happen. I count 8 guys who I presume the club wants to still sell (or loan): Nelson, Kolasinac, Torreira, Willian, Bellerin, Elneny, Runarsson, Lacazette.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next