Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 29 of 44 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:33 pm

^^i agree

Partey would be really nice to have don't get me wrong, but at best is a 40mil buy

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:08 pm

Yea I agree as well.

Should have actually gone for Doucoure from Watford
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Though I do agree that Aouar is a more exciting player to be bringing in, I think that Partey's competitive nature and physique would add an intangible element to our midfield that we have sorely lacked for years. There's a reason he has been our top target since well before the summer window even opened and a club like Atletico (which frankly, boasts a higher quality squad than we do) doesn't want to lose him.

Maybe we start feeding Elneny whatever Bayern has been feeding Goretzka and he can be our Partey-style enforcer hmm
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:35 pm

with Chelsea having so many midfield options now, don't you guys think one of Kante, Jorginho or Kovavic could be leaving. How would Jorginho fair in our midfield because i think he is the last option for Chelsea these days?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 pm

Looks like Martinez is being sold.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:44 pm

Absolutely, if there's a chance to get Aouar that's what's called a transformative signing.

El Gunner wrote:with Chelsea having so many midfield options now, don't you guys think one of Kante, Jorginho or Kovavic could be leaving. How would Jorginho fair in our midfield because i think he is the last option for Chelsea these days?

fuck Jorginho, not worth a second of thought
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:42 am

Szoboszlai is another option for attacking mid
Him+Aouar needed
Can never have enough technical attacking midfielders imo
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:50 am

Although I totally agree that Aouar would be an excellent signing given his age and the attributes he has but Partey has the qualities that we have sorely lacked for years. An imposing midfielder who can protect the defence. When was the last time we had a DM who could be classified as a world class player. We have been trying to mould Xhaka into a DM but he has a completely different skill set. He has improved alot from the days of rash lunges but he is not DM by nature. Xhaka accompanied by Partey would help us alot when playing teams like city and liverpool.

From the rumours of M'vila to Partey and Aouar we have come a long way as well.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:09 am

With 'pool dragging their feet on Thiago, I'd love it if we snuck in a sneaky €30m bid to Munich for him. Just for laughs, knowing full well that he'd say no in an instant. Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Good luck to him, lot of respect for his professionalism and can't possibly hold it against him that he wants to be #1 regularly. If he keeps it up, he'd be going to a bigger club within a year or two.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:23 pm

rumours out there that we're getting Raya from Brentford for about 10mil as replacement
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:24 pm

El Gunner wrote:rumours out there that we're getting Raya from Brentford for about 10mil as replacement

A 6ft keeper. What can possibly go wrong

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:25 pm

At times last season, those areas felt like a ‘no-go’ zone for Arsenal, their horseshoe-shaped passing moves failing to penetrate in central areas. Perhaps that should come as no surprise: since the summer of 2018, they have lost Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Iwobi, and Henrikh Mkhitaryan. It has felt, for all intents and purposes, as if they have also lost Ozil. These were players happy to operate in the no-man’s-land between midfield and attack. Willian is prepared to boldly go where Arsenal desperately need someone to be.

The Athletic on point with that: https://theathletic.com/2061532/2020/09/12/willian-arsenal-debut-fulham-playmaker/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:35 pm

On Lacazette…

He is in my plans and is a player that I like a lot. He knows he has Eddie on his back, or next to him, I would say, who is going to push him. Whoever is in better shape is going to play. The same for everyone in the team.

On Elneny…

Mo has been excellent since day one in training. He is a player that I know really well because we played together. I know what he can give us and how willing he is to improve. Today he was phenomenal.

On Holding leaving on loan…

I said to him, I changed my mind, you’re not going anywhere. Again, Rob is another one who stands for every value that we want at the football club. He had a really difficult time but he trained and persuaded he’s good enough to play for this football club and now, why do I have to let him go. He’s already playing, what more does he want.

On Aubameyang’s contract…

I’m really positive that we’re going to get it done and hopefully in the next few days you can get some news.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Laca/Edouard - If Laca is staying, those continued Eduoard links make no sense at all. Going to completely disregard them personally.

Raya - One of our new coaches is Andreas Georgson, who was at Brentford previously, so at least we have a great understanding of Raya’s capabilities if we are signing a shorter keeper. To be fair, I always thought Ospina was great for us and he was 6 feet tall, so hopefully this guy is a reliable backup.

Elneny - He has been solid which is great to see. If he stays and Guendouzi stays, I think the Partey deal is dead. We won’t have the money and that’s 2 more deeper lying CMs on our roster. Aouar seems the most logical final recruit of the summer in the circumstances.

Holding - He is definitely playing well atm, and we need him given our ongoing CB injury crisis. That said, we’re going to have 7 CBs...surely someone else will have to go come January?
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:01 pm

At least we arent spending big on back up gk
Hope Leno plays in all relevant games anyways
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Elite name. Sign him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Yep. He sure sounds bigger than 6 ft
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Once Icelandic player ever at arsenal?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 am

It's worth keeping an eye on Arsenal's home grown/non-home grown btw.

At the moment, the club has 18 non-HG players, which is one too many. To sign a new keeper (whether that's Runarsson or Raya) and Aouar/Partey requires us to shift three non-HG players.

Current non-HG players at the club:

Leno
Luiz
Mustafi
Sokratis
Mari
Gabriel
Tierney
Kolasinac
Cedric
Elneny
Torreira
Xhaka
Ceballos
Ozil
Pepe
Willian
Aubameyang
Lacazette

So selling players isn't just to raise funds, but to also make room in the squad for more signings.

Sokratis and Torreira leaving frees up one space. Apparently Kolasinac is a target for West Ham so that'd be another. Then I guess Elneny would be the fourth, if we want another midfielder?

Luiz, Mustafi and Ozil are on the final years of their deals so next season we'll have three more slots to use.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:40 pm

The decision to sign Cedric will remain as the most mysterious one.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:The decision to sign Cedric will remain as the most mysterious one.

utterly bizarre
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:The decision to sign Cedric will remain as the most mysterious one.

you say that but Bellerin could yet leave if PSG splashes the cash
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

utterly bizarre

I think it's because we hadn't had a true RB to compete with Bellerin for years and wanted to be able to play Niles in different positions, plus there were questions over whether we'd actually sell Niles, Kolasinac, Bellerin...getting a fairly reliable fullback for free when we had the chance to while ensuring that we don't have to pay up big time to fill any gaps was likely why we did it. Evidently, Arteta seems to actually like the player. I think it was a sensible move tbh.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 pm

El Gunner wrote:

you say that but Bellerin could yet leave if PSG splashes the cash

Then the decision to sign Cedric would turn from bizarre to tragic.
Because surely the only rationale behind it would have been to never actually have to play him
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 44 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 44  Next