+5
BarrileteCosmico
Pedram
Myesyats
Nishankly
Adit
9 posters

Go down

Iran is the biggest civilization tragedy Empty Iran is the biggest civilization tragedy

Post by Adit Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm

The more I read about Iranian history(Persia) the more I'm convinced that it is the biggest case of destruction of civilization.

It's native culture and civilization was wiped out and now they are left imitating the civilization of their invaders.

Civilizational war lost and replaced by foreign civilization.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Iran is the biggest civilization tragedy Empty Re: Iran is the biggest civilization tragedy

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:35 pm

Indonesia?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Iran is the biggest civilization tragedy Empty Re: Iran is the biggest civilization tragedy

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:09 pm

No worries, Trump is gonna nuke them during 2nd term
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:49 pm

Myesyats wrote:No worries, Trump is gonna nuke them during 2nd term

You jest but that is a real possibility with the type of people Trump surrounds himself with, like Stephen Miller and John Bolton. that is why Biden's corpse is still better than a second Trump term. I just don't think the world can afford four more years of him and not turn into a dystopia.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Adit wrote:The more I read about Iranian history(Persia) the more I'm convinced that it is the biggest case of destruction of civilization.

It's native culture and civilization was wiped out and now they are left imitating the civilization of their invaders.

Isn't this the case for nearly every country, if you go back far enough? With very few exceptions, almost all countries have been invaded by others and their national culture has changed as a result. Sometimes the 'invasion' is cultural, religious or economic rather than military, but it accomplishes the same thing.

As for the biggest... at least they're still around and in charge of their own destiny. Compare that to the native tribes in the Americas for how differently things could have played out.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:27 pm

Pedram wrote:
Myesyats wrote:No worries, Trump is gonna nuke them during 2nd term

You jest but that is a real possibility with the type of people Trump surrounds himself with, like Stephen Miller and John Bolton. that is why Biden's corpse is still better than a second Trump term. I just don't think the world can afford four more years of him and not turn into a dystopia.

Yep, sorry for making a joke out of it, but I don't think Biden would be much better in that regard tbh. America is gonna do what they always do. I'm not a believer but I'm praying for you as an Iranian. The saddest thing is it's not the people's fault but a couple of idiots at the top.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Nishankly wrote:Indonesia?

Close second but they still retain much of their civilization.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Adit wrote:The more I read about Iranian history(Persia) the more I'm convinced that it is the biggest case of destruction of civilization.

Isn't this the case for nearly every country, if you go back far enough? With very few exceptions, almost all countries have been invaded by others and their national culture has changed as a result. Sometimes the 'invasion' is cultural, religious or economic rather than military, but it accomplishes the same thing.

As for the biggest... at least they're still around and in charge of their own destiny. Compare that to the native tribes in the Americas for how differently things could have played out.

Sure...There were many instances in history of replacement of civilization .

How ever, some of the civilizations were really developed and so culturally rich that it feels like a loss to humanity that they were destroyed and replaced with another boring civilization.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:54 pm

BC wrote:Isn't this the case for nearly every country, if you go back far enough?
Thumbs up Nailed it.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat May 02, 2020 6:28 pm

Iranian civilization isn't lost at all. There're times some of them have their highs, some of them their lows.
Roman Empire, Persian, Chinese, Egyptians etc. were the biggest craddles of civilization. They were destroyed, rebuilt and destroyed again. They have in common that they absorb the new influences from outside. The culture itself doesn't disappear, it just adapts to the new times, situation. The only one truly lost in this list is Egypt. The Arabs wiped their civilization and its remnants upon conquest by burning all books and replacing the native language. They never recovered from that. Syria, Iraq and Iran should be regarded as one sociocultural ground. They have lots in common despite speaking two different languages (legacy of Mesopotamia).
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sun May 03, 2020 2:21 am

We deserve it.

We had the most prosperious middle eastern countries, most progressive, almost best gender equality, most modern, best military, one of the best passports in the region....

Yet stupid fucking idiots believes the words of a nasty (made in UK/France) charlatan who promised free water, free electricity, free EVERYTHING (sounds familiar eh?)...and forced out a guy, definitely flawed, but at least he loves his nation....to bring the cockroaches into the country. The cockroaches who burnt 600 people ALIVE in a cinema in Abadan, so they can get riots going in that region of the country, because it was too peaceful. The disgusting coachroaches who don't even say the name: "IRAN" when talking, but refer to our nation of 2500 years simply as "Islamic Republic".

In Persian we have an idiot:" Az mast , ke bar mast." ...basically meaning, anything that happens to us, is because of our own actions. Our demise as a society and civilization is not Trump's fault, it's not anyone's fault but the stupid motherfuckers who went out on the streets to remove Shah in late 70s.

I can write a novel on this....but it's so sad what happened. Easily the worst "revolution" in history of humanity.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 03, 2020 3:06 am

hmm watched a mini docu today where coincidentally this topic came up, i dont know, from what i watched it seemed like Western influence had a lot of influence in the matter and the Shah and his fellow elites had it coming to them (more or less)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sun May 03, 2020 3:15 am

El Gunner wrote:hmm watched a mini docu today where coincidentally this topic came up, i dont know, from what i watched it seemed like Western influence had a lot of influence in the matter and the Shah and his fellow elites had it coming to them (more or less)

Unless you're a super nuclear superpower, you're gonna be a mini puppet up one big super power. Every country in the world, directly or indirectly is the puppet of US/China/ and to a much lesser degree Russia.

hell, even Europe is a puppet of US (the whole point of NATO). and given the choice, I rather be puppet of the West than a puppet of China.

One of Khomeini's talking points was that Shah likes America too much and wants us our society to be similar to American one...well, his crooked vision was more like having us be more like Somalia.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down