FennecFox7
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Training camp 2020 Empty Training camp 2020

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:47 pm

A little news plus a couple of questionable news items.

Most of international are now back. I think they still are one or two to come.

Bale returned with a knee injury (that he didn’t pick up in a Gales game!) which meant he trained by himself in gym.

Hazard wasn’t played in either Belgium games due to him not being game ready from his injury last month. Club is basically asking, why the hell did he go?

Mariano was training by himself for past few days but was incorporated today.

I wonder what this means, if anything re possible departures of Bale and Mariano.

Article says Zidane doesn’t feel Reguilion is good enough for Real Madrid despite his successful year at Sevilla and last week with seleccion. Plus the article said Marcelo likely to remain for TWO seasons. I wonder if there is some tension in management re opinions of both Reguilion and To a lessor extent Ceballos. Looks like both are continuing on loans. If club agreed with Zidane, they would accept sale offers for both!

Squad questions remain; Bale, Mariano, Mayoral plus Odriozola/ Lucas / Nacho decision.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Training camp 2020 Empty Re: Training camp 2020

Post by futbol_bill Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:28 am

Another story, don’t know if it has any validity or not! Apparently club will let Bale go for free and pay 50% of his salary if someone offers? Possible destinations are Man U and Tottenham.

We’re down to the end of that long list of who should go and looks like transfer price and partial salary are negotiable in getting rid of Bale, Mariano and Mayoral. If they succeed with these 3, we are down to 2 players for each position plus practice GK and possibly loser of Lucas, Odriozola decision. Plus the negative influence in dressing room will all be gone.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:00 am

Bale back in training but not quite because he id injured yet again. If any premfsce says we are disrespecting him again I am going to fly over there and smack them in the face.

Bale should just gtfo!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:35 pm

Looks like we are looking to get Mahrez.. yes please
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:59 am

Who is this Ruben Blanco kid I am reading alot about. Reports suggest that Zidane is impressed with him and that he could back up Casemiro
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:49 am

I trust Zidane instincts on defensive players.. attacking players not as much (besides Benz and rodrygo)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:06 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Who is this Ruben Blanco kid I am reading alot about. Reports suggest that Zidane is impressed with him and that he could back up Casemiro

He had a very good season with Castilla. Nick posted about him a few weeks ago.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Excited to see some more energy in the midfield.

Hopefully both Valverde and Odegaard are starters.

How tall is Odegaard? He looks taller than his bio suggests.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Is Odegaard going to be a regular this season? I'm excited to see how he develops.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaBeast Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:04 pm

RM is not gonna get any incoming transfers this season.

So excited to see Odegaard rip teams apart... but im truly worried about that knee injury he has... those are career altering.
AlphaBeast
AlphaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:33 am

FennecFox7 wrote:I trust Zidane instincts on defensive players.. attacking players not as much (besides Benz and rodrygo)

He values technique and movement over raw physical ability with strikers. You can't be clumsy. Just how he is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:I trust Zidane instincts on defensive players.. attacking players not as much (besides Benz and rodrygo)

He values technique and movement over raw physical ability with strikers. You can't be clumsy. Just how he is.

I mean, give me a Berbatov type over a Mariano type any day too tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:25 pm

Why do real madrid want to get rid of Reguillon so bad.

The guy looks like a great left back.

Him and Mendy can rotate.

Yes, Marcelo is in the team, but Regui is just better.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Apparently we beat Gerafe in a friendly today. 6-0. Benz with 4 goal, Ramos and Arribas with the other
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:20 pm

That exhibition game with Getafe, was behind closed doors, no fans, no cameras. It was the only preseason game with liga (vs La Real) beginning this weekend.

The club is down to 4 guys they don’t plan to have part of this year’s squad and getting deals for them is proving very difficult.

Reguilion - they essentially want to sell him with a buyback option. As long as Marcelo stays at club, there is no room for him in squad, but he is a serious consideration once Marcelo does go. Right now there is an offer from Man U but they don’t want the buyback option. They had a loan possibility with Sevilla given a buy option for following season, but they took too long and Sevilla found an alternative. It does look like he will likely be lost for good!

Bale - they desperately want him gone as he seems happy to collect his salary for 2 more years and play golf. He also is considered a negative influence in an otherwise good atmosphere. Reports are Man U will take him on a loan (i.e. no transfer price) but are willing to pay only half his salary. Bale is saying he will go but demands his full tax free salary. That likely is the only way he goes with Madrid paying half the salary.

Mariano - there was only 1 team, Benfica, interested in him but his salary was the problem (4M! Why the heck did they give a 3Rd option that salary). Now there are no prospects and yet another player insisting on full salary and no playing time.

Mayoral - he is on last year of contract but there is no interest. It did look like he would go to Valencia with Madrid accepting a lower transfer price, but that hasn’t happened. They will likely loan him again and he will be a free transfer next summer. If they did somehow get rid of Mariano, they could keep him as a seldom used 3rd option, but no way with both of them.

The squad numbers are 24. That’s 2 per position, plus Practice GK and Lucas (who confirmed this morning he is staying rejecting an offer from Quatar). Maximum allowed is 25 (Practice GK could be excluded from numbers). Bottom line is only 2 of these 4 can remain. Ideally none of them.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:36 pm

me too i dont get the disdain regarding reguillon. he was the only player i was impressed with in that forgettable 2018/19 season. and i watch sevilla a lot cos of him (well also cos they're not a half bad side), and he was impressive and reliable. i dont know is the club planning for marcelo to play here till he turns 42? regi isnt an offensive windback, but i'm more than happy with my wingback keeping things solid on defense
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Reguilon is an unremarkable fullback that is plain middle of the road. Selling him or keeping him is not going to change the course of the club for even one bit. Within the next 2 years we will either promote Gutierrez or we will sign some LB phenom that popped up on the market lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Doc wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

I mean, give me a Berbatov type over a Mariano type any day too tbh.

It's not just on defense either... he would love for Marcelo to stay on top and play over Mendy; same with Modric over Valverde; Rodrygo over Vini; Hazard; Benz; Kroos. Ramos, Casemiro and Varane are the only "physical" players he loves... and they're not exactly technically challenged for their positions.

I'm baffled by his love of Lucas though. There's something fishy there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:57 pm

I would have agreed with you Sports, a year ago, but what Zidane did after the Covid break has changed my opinion.

I believe both Modric and Marcelo are in their final year and much like Iniesta will be used primarily as a single half player. I also think he will be easing both Odegaard and Valverde into a starting role. Similarly upfront, you can expect all of Vinicius, Rodrygo, Asensio to get significant minutes. What's questionable to me is how much does Jovic and Militao get to play.

Lucas (as is Nacho) is the ultimate squad player. They are not starters but hard working versatile players. Lucas has only got the minutes because of Bale being so bad. This year, he will likely only get Copa minutes and the odd time as a backup LB.

But it is puzzling that both of them have had much better offers from other teams (in other countries) and have chosen to stay for this squad role?????

But again, this year is all about evaluations.
- from a players perspective, getting an opportunity to show you belong
- from Zidane’s perspective seeing and validating who belongs
- from club’s perspective seeing what are the missing pieces
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 pm

Looks like of the 4 remaining desired exits, two of them will likely be resolved with Tottenham in next few days.

Reguilion agreement apparently is complete and likely announced tomorrow. It’s a sale to Tottenham for 30M with a buyback option 35- 40M in next two years.

Bale (?! Wow) in advanced discussions for a loan deal with Tottenham. Sounds like no transfer fee, Tott paying salary (great) and Real on the hook for any bonus options he might achieve. I haven’t hear term, but I would assume 1 year, meaning there will still be club options for following year as his contract still has two years. But getting his enormous salary off of this year’s operating expenses is a huge win for club.

And with the other two

Mariano is about to be operated on for tonsillitis which likely will mean he can’t be sold before deadline. I suspect club is stuck with him and his 4M salary.

Mayoral - no news. As I said the other day, if there are no takers for him (sale), I suspect club will loan him for a final year of his contract. Suspect someone will make a late low ball offer for him and it will get accepted.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Looks like we're going to land Delle Ali and/or Alderweireld in the process too... or at least we're trying.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaBeast Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:50 pm

If we get Mbappe next summer, we must sell Rodrygo somehow, while he is sort of "hyped" ... before he shows his true colours... that he is simply a rich man's Callejon.

Glad we sold Reguillon. Also glad we made some good $$ and not spending this summer... until the next.

No renewal for Modric / Marcelo please.

Zidane is so tactically incompetent, that even if we had Mbappe, he would still tell Carvajal to go forward and cross blindly 20 times a game.

RM has not played this ugly even during Mourinho's time. By far the most boring RM side... a side that cannot score...

Let's be real, we won La Liga kuz of penalties in 4 games! If barcelona weren't so shit, they would have easily won it.

Even Solari or Pellegrini have more knowledge about tactics and strategies than Zidane. he is simply a man manager...
AlphaBeast
AlphaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:Looks like we're going to land Delle Ali and/or Alderweireld in the process too... or at least we're trying.

Sports, why would we take either of them? Who would they replace? The only spot I see is CF, where we have Jovic looking for a possible loan and we have 2 (Mayoral and Mariano) that were on the list to leave possibly being his replacement. Neither of the two you suggested are CFs. We are at limits re squad size and it doesn't look like anyone else is leaving!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:50 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Looks like we're going to land Delle Ali and/or Alderweireld in the process too... or at least we're trying.

Sports, why would we take either of them? Who would they replace? The only spot I see is CF, where we have Jovic looking for a possible loan and we have 2 (Mayoral and Mariano) that were on the list to leave possibly being his replacement. Neither of the two you suggested are CFs. We are at limits re squad size and it doesn't look like anyone else is leaving!

Competition Bill... Ali is more of a left CM and a very attacking one at that. He's an alternative to Kroos and he could easily play a more attacking role if we play a 442.

Alderweireld is FAR better than Nacho... he'd make an awesome backup CB if he's ok with that. Given Varane's injury issues and Ramos getting suspended often, we need some depth. I'm not convinced by Militao.

In any case, Ali makes too much money and likely same for Alderweireld. So they're both very long shots.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm

It’s Spurs that offered Ali probably to decrease their wage bill. We shot that down pretty quickly
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next