CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:40 pm

It wasn’t about non PGs lol.

It was about Clippers not having any players aside from Kawhi who can create for others. They had 10 finishers the same size and no size to compete against AD.

I don’t see how any of that has ever changed in regards to the Clippers. And they don’t have the spot-up shooters the Heat have either.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by FilthyLuca Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:12 pm

Dragic would definitely weaken the defense. But his ability to create his own shot, and make 3s would be very welcomed. Especially considering how tired jimmys legs look at the end of the game after playing 45 minutes a night. And considering how well hes been playing off the ball and shooting, hed be the perfect compliment offensively at the end of the game.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:38 am

Miami just bending over tonight, i guess 2 games was only as good as they could ever have done.

Congrats Freeza
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:44 am

Proud

Finally this is over, now we can start planning the draft banana
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:42 am

Wow, 10 years. Looks like trading the "young core" paid off.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:20 am

I'm happy for Lebron, the irrational hate he gets from some NBA fans is so stupid. The goat.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 am

M99 wrote:Wow, 10 years. Looks like trading the "young core" paid off.

that combo with AD is a problem
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:13 pm

How long can LeGoat keep going like this?

Maybe Davis, who is now a champion, starts thinking about the future sooner rather than later.

Just thinking about it, LeBron put rings on a lot of people's hands, the amount of doubters about him is ridiculous. In a different era without internet and the armchair experts it would be a different outlook.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:51 pm

GOAT? never, not really, just go back and watch all his Finals losses and how he whinges and cries a lot when things doesn't go his way instead of just putting his head down and playing, even in the ones he just barely won ('16 & '13)

I do admire and respect his longevity the most though. That's definitely the greatest thing about his legacy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:22 pm

Dude has one bad performance in the finals lol.

And no one has ever gotten into the finals with worse teams.

You’re just a hater really. By any measure he’s the GOAT of the modern era. And it’s hard to argue against him now when he’s still in his prime. He’s gonna end up as the highest scorer of all time while it not even being his best attribute.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:32 pm

Happy for the Lakers, especially in this year which is the same year that Kobe was lost. That’s special

LeBron and AD will be a problem, just need to improve the role players and keep it going

Also very surprised by Miami. I thought more games would resemble game 6 but they put up a very strong display and have a fun, young team. Butler has earned a lot of respect after a couple of poor trades

I’m so happy LeBron left the east and took a summer off so the raptors could win last year ffs

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Freeza wrote:Dude has one bad performance in the finals lol.

You’re just a hater really. By any measure he’s the GOAT of the modern era. And it’s hard to argue against him now when he’s still in his prime. He’s gonna end up as the highest scorer of all time while it not even being his best attribute.

you didn't really counter anything i said, yea, and i actually praised him so i dont see how im a hater
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:48 pm

Lebron is the GOAT.

No questions. I watched the second three peat live, and also Lebron's whole career. Not even close anymore.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:05 pm

El Gunner wrote:GOAT? never, not really, just go back and watch all his Finals losses and how he whinges and cries a lot when things doesn't go his way instead of just putting his head down and playing, even in the ones he just barely won ('16 & '13)

I do admire and respect his longevity the most though. That's definitely the greatest thing about his legacy.

Skip, is that you
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:11 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:Dude has one bad performance in the finals lol.

you didn't really counter anything i said, yea, and i actually praised him so i dont see how im a hater

You said he could never be the greatest. I disagree.

You’re saying he can never be the greatest because he whinges?

The “current GOAT” bullied and even fought his fucking teammates.I don’t see how LeBron’s attitude can be a detriment given the attitude of the competition. LeBron is about as good a sportsman as a top athlete has ever been. Even Kareem sucker punched dudes.

Also LeBron has played 55 finals games with only one truly bad performance. That’s unmatched really.

It’s hard to compare eras, but I’m sure LeBron will end up with the best resume and most records when it’s said and done and that means something.

If I had to pick a single player of all time to start a franchise I’d take LeBron and it’s not really close at all.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:12 pm

What can the Lakers realistically get for Danny Green, the 1st round pick and Kyle Kuzma hmm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Has to be the worst argument against LeBron, he cried when he lost.

Anyway, his draft class is pretty much retired, and here he is winning chapionships and MVP's, with his game developed more than ever.

He could have lost 5 more finals, couldn't care less. Basketball is a team sport, he didn't lose one on one. He did everything and more, elevating his teammates to levels they could never reach before him or after.

I truly don't know if he's the one or not, but he's in the conversation with MJ, in the worst case on equal terms.

Just admire the man while he plays.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:20 pm

A lot of people here are too young to remember how much of a bitch Jordan was too.

If you even got looked near him when he took a shot during that second three peat he was looking at the ref for a foul.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:32 pm

He had a PER of 30+ in the playoffs in his 17th year.

Disgusting.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 pm

People hate Lebron the same reason they hate Cristiano. Both whom have rather similar career trajectories and are the same age.

They hate them for they represent what they are not, and cannot be. End of.

Lebron is not in his prime anymore that is not true but he is better still than any player in the NBA, at this current moment.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:18 pm

incorrect

People are turned off by LeBron because of his smug attitude and that he spends half of the time whinging and recruiting players instead of just playing. Plus he had a lot of luck in the rings that he has won, and was completely wiped in all of the rings he has lost.

I have nothing personally against the man. He is a fellow Capricorn, born on the day i had my rebirth, his smugness and type of leadership i totally get because of that. I would be the same if i was in his shoes. I wouldn't whinge as much as him though that's the only difference. And like i said i have the utmost respect for his longevity. I have been heaping praise at his stats and his ability to make timely shots in the last five years (which is way better during his peak Miami years, he may not be in his peak anymore but he has somehow improved as a shooter during the latter stages of his career). He's a generational talent and an athletic freak. But im sorry, i'm not taking a guy who has a losing finals record, over the guy that went faultless and flawless. If LeBron had a winning finals record, that would have been another story, and im not taking any bullshit excuses like he has dragged some of the worst teammates to rings and he was the underdog in most finals, those are total garbage excuses in my eyes.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:46 pm

No wonder you get rekt in fantasy all the time, you know shit about NBA tbh
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:56 pm

"I don't hate LeBron. He's a fellow capricorn"

You really said that
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:05 pm

Michael Jordan is flawless, really?

LeBron has a better win percentage in the playoffs, while having played 80+ more games.

I really don't see how LeBron getting swept in the finals at age 22 is anything but a testament to his greatness that he got that far. Especially with this team:
The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 12 Screen24

Same with his game 1 performance against GSW two years ago. His entire series in 2015 without Kyrie and Love.

The guy has been the best player in the last 8 finals he's been in. That's unprecedented.

I still don't see a logical argument as to why it's better not to go into the finals, than to lose in one. They've both been swept in the playoffs with inferior teams. That happens to every single player lol.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:12 pm

An example about how a finals loss is better for one's legacy than a CF loss.

How do we view Jimmy Butler now? After his performance in these finals, are we thinking about him lacking killer instinct? Or is his legacy made by how he competed against a superior team where he had a minuscule chance of winning.

Butler's legacy is the second biggest winner of this finals really. He led a team in all major categories in a finals. That's usually reserved for LeBron-led teams.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:02 pm

We did it Freeza. What a time to be a lakers fan. Always knew it when i jumped on the bandwaggon few years ago. Life long dream came true

Lebron on his way to topple MJ

Already my GOAT. Much superior player playing in a tougher time too. Just need a Space Jam sequel and 6 months in another sport (could be a great CB).

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next