Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Akanji scores Laughing 1-0 Dortmund

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Bundesliga Thread 20/21  - Page 11 Empty Re: The Bundesliga Thread 20/21

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Haaland really is such a fantastic finisher, such a player with an idiosyncratic, blunt character, the way he runs, the way he is on the ball, the way he takes the chances the way he gets them.
Not exactly elegant, rather rugged, but in a way highly refined and accomplished.

So good to watch.

He certainly has a unique style of play Laughing I’m really excited to see how he develops in the future. I wish he had more composure when approaching aerial balls. He’s usually so composed in pressing situations, but when it comes to aerial, goalscoring chances, the likes of Lewandowski and CR7 are miles ahead of him in terms of the experience they exude in those situations.

It would add another weapon to his arsenal if he could just calmly focus on the ball when it’s in the air. He never seems to do so. He can head the ball well, and he’s got the athleticism to be first on those balls, but his timing is usually off.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:09 pm

I swear, this must be the 10th time I’ve seen someone foul Haaland, only to get injured themselves rofl

Looks like he won’t score today. Haaland off, Tigges on.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:13 pm

Thimmy wrote:I swear, this must be the 10th time I’ve seen someone foul Haaland, only to get injured themselves rofl

Looks like he won’t score today. Haaland off, Tigges on.

So that's the guy you were talking about eh
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:15 pm

The Bundesliga Thread 20/21  - Page 11 Eq0ZqwcXAAUd0j8?format=jpg&name=smallThe Bundesliga Thread 20/21  - Page 11 Eq0bRqpXcAIeEb5?format=jpg&name=small
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:20 pm

Tiago Dantas for the first time in the squad Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:25 pm

Sancho with a nice goal to finish the game, his first league goal this season lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:25 pm

Sancho has had another poor performance, but that was a clinical finish from an excellent pass behind the defense. 2-0 Dortmund.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Sancho with a nice goal to finish the game, his first league goal this season lmao

He’s been wasting chances left and right this season, so I was prepared that he might miss this one as well. But that was an expertly taken finish.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:24 pm

The Bayern vs Mainz match is already more entertaining than the Dortmund vs Wolfsburg one. Faster paced, a lot more back and forth, less idling around the center of the pitch.

Tolisso looks like Thiago’s older brother.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Fantastic finish by Burkardt. 1-0 Mainz Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:41 pm

Thimmy wrote:Fantastic finish by Burkardt. 1-0 Mainz Very Happy

8th time in a row we've conceded first in a league game. And it's not the odd unlucky fluke chance, we're giving away chance after chance every game and only Neuer heroics save us from going down earlier or further

Jesus fucking Christ
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:45 pm

I actually assumed that was just a fluke goal.. and then they scored that bullet of a header. I didn’t expect this.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:15 pm

SAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:45 pm

8 straight games of conceding first from Bayern? Wow thats an amazing stat to hear lol... I mean I guess they think its too easy for them and just let opponent score first in order to make it at a challenge for the 3 points and title Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:57 pm

Love how Hans is acting all excited and happy with Sané's goal, as if Mainz had any chance in hell to beat Bayern on their own turf.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:20 pm

Davies loses the ball sooo much. He's still very raw.

Sané was shit until the second half. Heard he's been struggling at Bayern since his knee injury in October. Hopefully he'll gain confidence from that goal. Also, his 1v1 dribbling today was shocking. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:34 pm

Casciavit wrote:Davies loses the ball sooo much. He's still very raw.

Sané was shit until the second half. Heard he's been struggling at Bayern since his knee injury in October. Hopefully he'll gain confidence from that goal. Also, his 1v1 dribbling today was shocking. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Davies had far too many misplaced passes today. In general, lack of precision and misplaced passes are what gets us in trouble, together with a lack of quality and balance in midfield now that Thiago is gone.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Davies had far too many misplaced passes today. In general, lack of precision and misplaced passes are what gets us in trouble, together with a lack of quality and balance in midfield now that Thiago is gone.

Yes, I noticed the team as a whole was very sloppy. Is Roca any good? Can't say I've seen much of him, but I assume he's decent technically? Has he been tried in a pivot with Goretzka yet or is he a scrub?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Yes, I noticed the team as a whole was very sloppy. Is Roca any good? Can't say I've seen much of him, but I assume he's decent technically? Has he been tried in a pivot with Goretzka yet or is he a scrub?

Roca has not had many minutes, he seems to be a very good passer but also seems very slow and it doesn't seem like Flick trusts him in our risky system, yet.
He was good in his first start (not counting the cup against some lower division team) in a CL game (against Moscow, or Salzburg, don't remember), but got himself sent off with two yellows... he's not getting into challenges in time
Like a slightly poverty version of old Alonso, I'd say? Despite being still young? Doesn't look like he'll be a starter, but we'll see.

Allegedly Flick's favourite new midfield signing is 20 year old Tiago Dantas who we loaned (with option) from Benfica and who only is now eligible to playfor us and was in the squad today for the first time. Have never seen him play, looking very much forward.

Tolisso was bigged up by the board publicly to slot in as the third 'first choice' central midfielder (last season he came only back from injury, while we had always two of the three Thiago-Kimmihc-Goretzka playing, he's ok but not good enough for this.

On top of that, Pavard seems to be considered suspect by Flick now, too, with good reason, so Kimmich slotted back into RB today for the secnond half comeback, with both of Sarr and Süle having played there recently too.

We need to sign a top midfielder, and I guess sell Tolisso. Brazzo allegedly wants Camavinga bad but of course so does everyone.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Musiala, an attacker on paper but Flick has used him as an 8 that carries the ball forward, great dribbler, awesome young player, revelation of the season so far.

As for Sané, yes he has struggled. He has looked off the pace, unlucky, unfortunate performances, frustrated body language, very much unlike the rest of the team that never shows too much frustration and always carries on.

Unlike you predicted, he's not coming to us as the undisputed star now, since his signing Coman has stepped up big time and reached a new level of consistency and importance. Winning goal in CL and all that.
With Gnabry also having a strong stake at a starting spot, and of course Müller being the irreplaceable heart of our attack, he doesn't have an clear and easy walk into the team as it may have seemed a year ago.

But that's good. He needs to work his way in, he needs to find his form again (as you say, some of his attempts have been poor, technical mistakes, etc), but I'm confident we'll see him back at his best and as an important part of the team sooner rather than later.
Today's goal was important, his situation was becoming a public topic and his confidence seemed very shaken (Flick subbing him on, and off again, etc).
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:29 am

You're making Roca sound like the Spanish Xhaka. Is that a fair comparison?

Yeah, since his injury Sane's been pretty dreadful. I think he needs a run of starting games to regain some confidence. He's playing in a completely different role which requires a different skillset something which Pep himself said Sane lacked.

The question is will Sane get those run of games? Well, Coman has been on an awesome run of form, and Gnabry is more reliable right now. It feels like an injury to one of those two would be his best chance to get those starting games at this very moment.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:39 am

Casciavit wrote:You're making Roca sound like the Spanish Xhaka. Is that a fair comparison?

Lmao it does sound like that. I really can't say at this point, he's played too little.
But I'd say that Roca's game might be less making it about himself, Xhaka sometimes tries too hard to be a leader, and takes longer time on the ball. Don't think Roca is quite that stupid, and he's a bit more fluid, and immersed in his surroundings, as a player on the ball? He's also probably better in defensive duels, still seems kind of, well, slow.
He does look like a good player (Xhaka is too mind you), impossible to tell whether there's way into the team for him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:57 pm

The Bundesliga Thread 20/21  - Page 11 ErOsbbRXUAEJJLO?format=jpg&name=smallThe Bundesliga Thread 20/21  - Page 11 ErOrsr9W8AEr1v_?format=jpg&name=small
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:31 pm

wasn't aware until right now that Lainer and Laimer are different people

how is anyone supposed  to tell them apart when they were both bought from Salzburg

only thing I should have been wondering about is why they kept being transfered between Gladbach and Leipzig between games
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:43 pm

Neuer doing a Cruyff turn in our 5 meter box lmaoooo
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend