Winter is Coming
neuro11
Myesyats
20 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread 20/21 - Page 19 Empty Re: Match Day Thread 20/21

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 pm

I know what you mean and I think with the ball coming forward that is good, but not without it nor at that particular moment. That to me is too dangerous, especially when you play on the sides of the back 3.

With the ball he can drive into space and force another opponent out, which can open the space for others in the middle.

That to me is what De Jong does exceptionally well when he plays as a defender. He can drive forward and commit players to him, which in theory opens up more spaces for others.

Or, even the deep runs if we have already established long spells of possession in the opponent third. When you do that you can surprise the opponent because they hadnt accounted for your presence.

But what we did yesterday and has done on occasion, I really dont like.

We had not established control in the final third at that moment, with 20+ pass sequences and keeping Getafe stuck inside their own third or half. Instead, he went forward on a random counter attack with no chance of any cover.

Was it a little harsh to go at him? I dont know, if you want to take into account the season he has had sure but I dont really see it that way. Again, perhaps I am siding more with Koeman than most because I have been in the same position and done the same thing.

I cant compare Xavi and Busi in that. Its impossible. That pass yesterday broke 3 separate lines of players, that is Xavi written all over.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:17 am

Great week all around for us. Win a tough away game against Villareal. Atletico and Real drop points. Couldnt have asked for more. Incredible that we are in the drivers seat after the first half of the season.
Tremendous second half of the league season. Thought we had all the momentum coming into the Clasico and should have won. Having lost the Clasico, I expected us to lose the Cup and whimper out of league contention. We won the Cup handsomely and keep winning against the fodder while our rivals keep faltering. Now the momentum is again with us.
If we win the league, would be a great story and sets us up for the future as well. Lets not forget that we have played the season with a bunch of teenagers as starters and first options off the bunch. They have all had to mature fast and winning the league would give them the next step up. Setting us up nicely for the future.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:21 am

Messi had a chance to score first hat-trick of the season against Getafe and keep the streak going. Gave the penalty to Griezmann to up his confidence. Next game Griezmann scores two vital goals. That's what the greatest of captains does.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:50 am

Captains lift up the team when going gets tough and the team struggles. Giving your penalty away to someone else at 3,4,5 up is not heroic behavior.

It is such an insult to legends like Puyol to call Messi a great captain. He was never a good captain neither with Barca nor with Argentina. You can atleast admit that, he doesnt have to be the best at every damn thing for your bizzare satisfaction.

In big games it is crystal clear we have no leaders. Betas like Messi,Alba,Busquets arent leaders. That why we lose vs RM and in CL. They are mentally stronger.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 am

It's insult not call Messi a great captain. What he's doing with bunch of kids and chokers is beyond whatever captains we've had previously. He's got players like Dumbo who choked hardest I've ever seen anybody choke against Liverpool, yet Barca continues to challenge for the tituleros. Same applies to Argentina, continuing to challenge after Higuain, the biggest choker in NT-football missed three 1on1 winners in three finals. You probably blame Messi's captaining for these misses.

Then again you're one of the three amigos, so you'll never admit anything.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:36 am

Messi is not in the same class of leadership as Puyol, Luis Enrique or Pep.

Those 3 have been the stand out captains of my time and Messi, 3 seasons (I think) in as the official captain has done nothing to warrant the type of praise those before him have been shown in this area.

Which by the way is fine. Not everyone is a great captain, not everyone is born to be that kind of personality and admitting it is only logical at this point.

Anyway, difficult win but we got over the line. Id say that was the 2nd toughest game to go, with Atleti obviously being 1st.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:02 pm

as much as I love Messi oftentimes when going gets tough this is his response as #1 captain:

Match Day Thread 20/21 - Page 19 D5_qvUoWsAUuaKw

He is just mentally not a leader and THAT'S FINE.

Being a good player =/= being a good captain. All those embarrasing exits from CL are due to lack of leaders, because the footballing quality wasn't always that bad. And that goes not only for Messi but for many others too. Sergi Roberto is one of our captains Laughing Laughing

The only one with leadership skills on the team is Pique and even then he's not always at his best and on decline although I still consider him our best defender overall.

Madrid plays shit football but they win big games because they have better mentality and more leaders. On the other hand they lose more points Vs weaker teams. Many variables play into that, though.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:08 pm

Agreed, which makes me wonder why he is selected to be the captain both at Argentina NT and Barça.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Its not because he is mentally weak, its because he is not used to lose, same goes with all barca players. They are used to be the best, always winners, world beaters. Suddenly things change and they are all in shock. Being leader takes time, takes many loses and struggles. See how Madrid is strong mentally now. But they used to be mentally weak, giving up after barca scores a goal and conceding 4-5 goals afterwards despite having great leaders like Casillas and Ramos, but nobody called them mentally weak

Current Barca is in the same way, they are getting mentally strong with each humilation. I can see it. If you dont see it, open your eyes
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:47 pm

Also probably captain Puyol had more loses than captain Messi. Great captain doesnt win matches, great players do. Actually in todays football coach is enough. what does captain do? screaming and clapping hands work for the first few times after that players get used to and it has no effect. Latest CL winners had no great captain, actually nobody knows who their captain was. But teams with great captains won nothing. Roma with Totti did nothing in CL, but without him they humilated barcelona. same goes with madrid without ramos vs barca. Coach is the most important figure here, and its his job to encourage players

I dont say messi is great captain, he is not a captain material. but they throw captain armband at him, mascherano was the captain, and messi was happy. but they decided to give it to messi. It must be political decision or something. Anyway my point is that captain thing is useless in modern football
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:04 pm

danyjr wrote:Agreed, which makes me wonder why he is selected to be the captain both at Argentina NT and Barça.
his status as best in the world demands it, even if he is not suited for it
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:26 pm

In Barcelona players vote for captain, who they look up to. Don't know how that works for Argentina, probably coach chooses the best candidate. And there's no-one better for either of teams.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Losing to Granada :facepalm:
Knew the fairytale comeback to win the league was probably too good to be true. Bunch of mental midgets; crumble under the slightest of pressure.
The seniors need to be thrown out, the lot of them. Else they will corrupt the promising youngsters on our team with their loser mentality.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Lol at the captain material conversation.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 01, 2021 10:27 pm

All in favor of throwing the match vs Atleti?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 02, 2021 1:28 am

Well, we may not have to throw the match. Given the team is full of mental midgets, I see us easily losing.
But yes. Madrid wont lose. They are a champion team full of winners and I am positive they will win their remaining games.
Better Atletico than Madrid winning. Any day of the week.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 02, 2021 10:20 am

RM still has:

Granada
Sevilla
Bilbao
Villarreal

with CL games in between. That's a tough schedule, they'll lose points.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 02, 2021 10:53 am

Time and again over the past few years we have failed when it matters vs Atletico, it will be intriguing to see if we can beat this again this time round. Basically if we manage that we will win the league pretty much. How the stars align resulting in such circumstances again, amazing. We are good enough to do it, but we will definitely need to play to our best and take a lot of risks. Koeman has done well lately until the past couple of games, if he selects Roberto again ahead of Dest I would wanna kill him. Dembele also should be back so thats good.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 pm

How good is FDJ?
Has 4 lungs, immense technically, great running with the ball, great defensively and now great in the opposition box as well. His runs into the box have been immense for us this season. Once more with a vital run and play into the box which led to the Griezman goal.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 03, 2021 12:00 am

Suarez will probably score the winning goal. Always the same fckn story.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 03, 2021 12:01 am

alexjanosik wrote:How good is FDJ?
Has 4 lungs, immense technically, great running with the ball, great defensively and now great in the opposition box as well. His runs into the box have been immense for us this season. Once more with a vital run and play into the box which led to the Griezman goal.

Average according to gl...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 am

Another well fought "final", despite defense leaking easy goals every game even with 5 on back, Messi is whipping the team impressively.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Busquets must be on trt. He needs testing immediately. He is performing amazingly well.

But the team in general, simply annoy me. After every game, I feel alot of regret as to why I didnt use the last 2 hours in a more productive fashion than watching this group.

Every game will clearly be a struggle, full of unconvincing performances.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm

Dani thats watching football supporting your fav team at times Razz We know it but we keep doing it Razz

As for Busquets, yes really surprised by his prolonged resurgence. Read somewhere its due to the back 3 meaning hes more free to focus what he does best but who knows... I guess its a good thing if he can prolong his level for another season or two, until we can fix out finances hopefully and then go sign a real replacement, etc.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm

We really need consistency infront of goal. I can only imagine if Fati wasn't injured maybe we'd be ahead in the league.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat May 08, 2021 7:02 pm

Cannot disagree, but you shouldn't really be counting on an 18 year old when you've spent €400 million on attacking players .

In fact nobody should count on an 18 year old to give them results. It is too much pressure.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next