Winter is Coming
neuro11
Myesyats
20 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread 20/21 - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Day Thread 20/21

Post by CM Pep Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:45 am

I've been following Alex since a long time, and I must say he's been a Cruyffist to a fault.

I get where he's coming from. Though the issue with Cruyffism is that many somehow always find a way to disagree with it. I mean even in his autobiography, about 70% of the time he's complaining that no one really understands his way of running a club and playing football.

In a weird parallel, I see that happening with Alex here.

Messi is a problem when you look at it from a commitment point of view. And I also don't get how someone can be the captain, get paid the highest but escaped unscathed when the club goes through bad times. I mean Messi has influenced this barca much more than any of Setien, Valverde and Koeman have.

Obviously we have many more issues apart from Messi, but he's the biggest catch 22 I've seen in my following of any sport.

CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:45 am

alexjanosik wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Messi was fine. Everything didnt have to go through him.

Griezmann much bigger issue. You are blinded with hate amigo

Don't think so. Answer me this. Why does Griezman look like trash ever since he joined Barca?
Spoiler:

Griezmann has never been that good. I've never been impressed and in our matches vs Atletico he has always sucked balls and was non-existant like he is now, this is nothing new.

I acknowledge Messi as a tactical issue and it pains me to see him not pressing but if you put two wingers on either side of him we are unstoppable. He makes up for it with his surgical precision passing.

Given Sevilla sound tactical display, Ansu was basically cut off from any runs in behind the defence which meant no passing options fo4 Messi where he likes to place the ball most.

Now looking at the other side. There was a graph that showed around HT where our attacks came through:
45% left wing
55% centre
0% right wing !!!!!!!!!!

There were zero attacking sequences that came through Griezmann. ZERO! He was so useless it is beyond comprehension.

Truth of the matter is, Messi is a problem right now because they built the team this way. Should have signed better wingers to compliment Messi (like they did with Neymar) to get the best out of the best player that has ever lived. SIMPLE as that. Griezmann is not even a winger and as I said Ansu is not prolific enough, which is normal for his age.

Put Neymar on the left in the Sevilla game and Sancho on the right and we're winning 100%. Those are the type of wingers that we should've aimed for.

Ansu is that type but at 17 we can't expect anything more than a trophyless season at the expense of him developing. What they should have done is give Ansu the space for development on LW but sign someone really good at RW to make up for that. Sadly, Griezmann is even worse than Ansu and that's that.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am

alexjanosik wrote:
danyjr wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Messi with a masterclass.

In standing in the center circle :facepalm:
Watching him standing there while we are getting dominated and the rest of the team is busting their gut is priceless.
And yet this piece of trash and garbage and the worst player on the pitch by a country mile stays on while others are substituted. A complete disgrace to the shirt and I can't wait for the day this piece of stinking hot garbage is thrown out of the club.
Hope Barto stays on as this garbage might end up staying if Font or someone else comes in.

GTFO you piece of trash. You dont deserve to wear our shirt.
To single Messi out when every chance you made was practically him doing magic. And not say a word about Griezmann who kept losing the ball, slowing the attack down, and waste chances with his elephant touches rofl

You're made up son Laughing

Magic lol. He did jack. Lost the ball in good positions multiple times. Boy, have the standards fallen. And half chances created with that turd of a performance. Ofcourse, when you have a player who has an advantage against every other opponent on the pitch( since this guy is fresh as he doesnt expend any energey whatsoever) and also demands that everything go through him, will create some chances.

Cant use that to justify the tactical nightmare he is. We will continue to play like Stoke as long as he is here.
If you watched Messi's previous matches, he occupied his centre forward role (and did a fair share of pressing too). Unfortunately you don't realise why Messi was dropping deep in this match. When defence and midfield couldn't get the ball out of their half, FDJ kept losing the ball in midfield with his misplaced passes, defenders just hoofing the ball up field because they couldn't cope with Sevilla's pressure, of course Messi comes back deeper to help out the team move the ball forward. The truth is, you are so deluded by your hate to Messi that you can't see there were problems all over the pitch against a very good side. But what do I expect from someone who said this team would "magically" get better if Messi wasn't playing Laughing

It is one thing to have a go at everyone on the pitch, including Messi. It is another thing to single him out. Just goes to show how retarded you have become.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:31 am

Back to our regular game. I had to watch the recording which felt like painfully long and boring. It was frustrating to see that at times our defenders even could not move the ball forward out of their defense due to heavy pressing from opponent players. Everyone was shaky, losing the ball here and there. Could it be the reason of playing three consecutive tough games, maybe? But then it is scary to think that we are left with this squad for at least next couple of months.
I agree that average Messi walking time has increased.  Yet he was part of nearly every goal we scored this season. Hope he will change once Bart looses the confidence vote.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Justice for fartbol, FDJ has been disappointing despite having his favourite coach at the helm. No excuses.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 pm

iT iS mEssI's fAuLt!

iT iS hIs fAuLt dEjOnG gIvEs pEnaLtY aWaY. iT is hIs fAuLt gRiEzMaNN cAn'T sCoRe 1v1.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:43 pm

basically this seasons highlights:

Match Day Thread 20/21 - Page 3 4ivvew

Griezmann for balon door, wasted a slick Pedri pass too

Match Day Thread 20/21 - Page 3 4ivvew
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:46 am

danyjr wrote:iT iS mEssI's fAuLt!

iT iS hIs fAuLt dEjOnG gIvEs pEnaLtY aWaY. iT is hIs fAuLt gRiEzMaNN cAn'T sCoRe 1v1.

you want another world war scratch

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:47 am

Time to play Braithwaite regularly....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:04 am

Dembele and Griezmann have no future here

dumb french divas
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Since Valverde left, Messi has stopped scoring. He still manages to create chances for his team mates and that's really up to his team mates not taking those chances, but as far as his scoring it's drastically gone down. I don't know how much that has to do with these new formations and systems that Setien and Koeman are trying to use or what they are asking out of him. I also don't know how much his current set of team mates around him are also contributing to Messi being marked out a lot more than before. Ofcourse there is also his age and also who knows how much not having fans in the stadium is affecting him. But for sure, his scoring has gone down. It doesn't help that Koeman keeps tyring to shift Grizeman around to see if he can get him in a position to be productive but that doesn't seem to be happening and it seems to also be affecting Messi in the process. And Coutinho isn't some big time chance creator that will help Messi to start scoring again.

Just had to make these points.

ALSO - I wanted to point out that Messi also didn't score while playing with Argentina either. But they were also kicking the crap out of him all game and well that's just how things go when playing in these SA qualifiers.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Messi said this week that lately he has been focusing on trying to provide more instead of scoring himself.

Perhaps that could explain why
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Not super impressed by Dest. At best he's an Adriano type wing back. He is young though.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:53 pm

He seems fine although not sure if better than Semedo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:07 pm

The youngsters give me a lot of hope for our future. All elite talents and extremely mature.
Fati - Kid plays like a veteran at 17. I cant remember the last 17 year old who was so good tactically and played with such maturity at the topmost level. Mbappe perhaps. He was a lot more explosive which helped him. Not sure his play was as mature. Have to go back to Fabregas to find a 17 year old who was as mature in his play as Fati.
And then we have Pedri, another 17 year old who displays a high level of maturity and tactical awareness. Except unlike Fati, Pedri is a talent from the topmost tier. Exqusite technique, ambidextrous, eye for a pass and goals.

Also like what I have seen from Dest. He is unpolished. Had a major error at LB and left his man. But he has all the tools. technique, pass and move, great pace. All in all looks quite good.

Not overly thrilled about Pjanic. Got easily bypassed and Busquets is twice the player Pjanic is in a double pivot. That's saying something. Pjanic will get torn to shreds against better opposition.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 pm

Super happy for Dembele. Always liked him as he is an exceptional player with bags of skill. Just unlucky to have suffered 4 major injuries in his 3 years with us. Hope he can finally have an injury free season.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Disagree about Pjanic. He was great and works much better with FDJ

Busi and FDJ will never work, they're too similar
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:17 am

I really wont take anything seriously from this game since the opponents level was so low, not even second division material, so it basically was more like a practice match. Still we still left them hit the bar and got Pique sent off and suspended 1v1 running vs a guy half his size looool!

A few things to mention still though, Firpo is probably our worst player, he has no place at Barca, I mean how the hell did we paid what so it over 20M for him? Another one of those Barto deals that he pocketed half the transfer fee I bet lol.

Pjanic mistake led to the Pique situation, but apart from that he was what u expect him to be, a good passer of the ball, but not sure. Hes just gonna be bench material mainly after Busquets and De Jong, with the former still preferred and our best DM option.

I guess we will be getting Depay in Jan, so we will have that option also. So overall, we will make top 4, but thats about it lol... better team we will struggle a lot more with.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:04 am

We are definitely in contention for the league this season, not just top 4.

Madrid are weak too, and I don't see Sevilla/Villareal sustaining a challenge in the long run. Atletico maybe, but their midfield isn't all that. They're struggling to create scoring chances as well.

----

About the match: not at all happy with the red card. Pique is a rock on his day, but age is catching up with his decision making. I like what we've seen from Araujo so far. After a string of CB duds from youth, finally someone with some composure. Let's see if he's cut out for this stage.

I felt Trincao started out slow but then gradually came into the match. He shouldn't be afraid to dribble if he wants to shine. You can see that he's still figuring out the dynamics of the team, when to pass in the box, when to shoot, when to go on the outside and get a cross in etc.

Pedri and Fati both showing maturity beyond their age.

Btw, Roberto is just bad these days. Earlier at least his passing was decent (him being a midfielder and all), but lately even that has been woeful. He can't handle tight spaces any more (bread & butter for a Barca full back), loses possession in crucial areas and slows down the one-touch game. In that sense, I'm looking forward for Dest to take his spot once Alba comes back.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 am

CM Pep wrote:We are definitely in contention for the league this season, not just top 4.

I would consider you favourites, I'd be very surprised if you don't win this league. Real are much poorer.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
CM Pep wrote:We are definitely in contention for the league this season, not just top 4.

I would consider you favourites, I'd be very surprised if you don't win this league. Real are much poorer.

I think the classico is a good litmus test. It'll show if our youngsters can  show tenacity at the bigger stage (too many young ones just shy away) and also if our lethargic midfield (still improved on last year's though) can cope up with some athleticism.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:20 pm

The classico is gonna be one of the worst matchup we have seen in many years lol, both teams are in such bad shape its gonna feel weird. Im really surprised Real have also managed to get themselves into such situation, but I still have much more confidence with Zidane able to manage things than Koeman. They are definitely missing more players than us though I think? No Ramos and Carvarjal are huge, so thats gonna be in our favour... Its gonna be funny though to see Vini vs Roberto if he'll play, its gonna be so much rapage.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Alba received the green light so maybe we will see Dest on the right. Roberto is awful

Also hope Griezmann stays on the bench. He brings nothing to the table and it's so obvious by now
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 am

Madrid are weak too, and I don't see Sevilla/Villareal sustaining a challenge in the long run. Atletico maybe, but their midfield isn't all that. They're struggling to create scoring chances as well.

----

About the match: not at all happy with the red card. Pique is a rock on his day, but age is catching up with his decision making. I like what we've seen from Araujo so far. After a string of CB duds from youth, finally someone with some composure. Let's see if he's cut out for this stage.

I felt Trincao started out slow but then gradually came into the match. He shouldn't be afraid to dribble if he wants to shine. You can see that he's still figuring out the dynamics of the team, when to pass in the box, when to shoot, when to go on the outside and get a cross in etc.

Pedri and Fati both showing maturity beyond their age.

Btw, Roberto is just bad these days. Earlier at least his passing was decent (him being a midfielder and all), but lately even that has been woeful. He can't handle tight spaces any more (bread & butter for a Barca full back), loses possession in crucial areas and slows down the one-touch game. In that sense, I'm looking forward for Dest to take his spot once Alba comes back.

Madrid are trash and were trash last season. Its a shame we didnt win last season. Even though we were pathetic, we should have won. That's how trash Madrid are.
I like Araujo as well. He has all the basic units in place. Built like a tank, fast, great in the air. Hopefully he comes good.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:11 am

I feel we should line up against Madrid the same way as in the CL. Trincao instead of Griezman. Griezman is wasted out wide and low on confidence. Trincao offers some dribbling. And then unleash Dembele on the right in the second half. He is twice the player on the right. Alba LB and Dest RB.
If Ramos is out, we should be winning comfortably. Varane and Militao are atrocious.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:27 am

I would start Girezmann and I think Koeman will too. The rationale being that if he plays well, he gets a confidence boost which should probably ignite his season.

He's wasted on the wing, true, but his finishing has been abysmal and that's more a confidence thing. Him scoring in a classico might help with that.

The flip side is that if he misses in classico too, then his days are probably numbered.

Dembele/Trincao off the bench makes sense then.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next