M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Dope rhymes but the beat could have been better.

adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:43 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I was listening to "A Gangsta and a Gentlemen" earlier tonight and I was really taken back. This album came out when I was in 10th grade, I believe it was the summer before entering 10th grade. I was very uneducated and didn't understand a lot of the lingo, e.g., dutch, haze and hammer. It's quite similar to watching a movie when you're too young to grasp everything; after going back and checking out the album (didn't listen to all of it), I can say with confidence that Styles is the hardest out. Where do you rank that album among the rest of his releases?

I think Styles always appealed to me because he tends to keep it real and you can feel his heart and soul on the track. I can't always listen to Eminem because he can be too violent and over the top; I think Styles has a done a great job of balancing out the violence with emotion (hope I'm explaining that properly).

(Probably my favorite track from the album)

Easily his best album. It's one of my favorites from the 00-05 period actually.

Styles is one of those rappers you always know won't compromise his style (no pun intended), no matter the lure.

I agree with your 3, as well as "My Brother" and this track:

Question: Would any of you consider Joe Budden and/or Styles in your top 5 of all time? They are the two we talk about the most on here I'd say.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:35 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
dmize wrote:

Was listening to this not long before you posted. It's a nice track, but Em just on the chorus is a bit of a letdown.

December 20th can't come soon enough.

Yeah, the common thought seems to be that Jeezy didn't want to be Renegade'd on a track by Em. I don't know why else he would only have him on the chorus.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:42 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I was listening to "A Gangsta and a Gentlemen" earlier tonight and I was really taken back. This album came out when I was in 10th grade, I believe it was the summer before entering 10th grade. I was very uneducated and didn't understand a lot of the lingo, e.g., dutch, haze and hammer. It's quite similar to watching a movie when you're too young to grasp everything; after going back and checking out the album (didn't listen to all of it), I can say with confidence that Styles is the hardest out. Where do you rank that album among the rest of his releases?

I think Styles always appealed to me because he tends to keep it real and you can feel his heart and soul on the track. I can't always listen to Eminem because he can be too violent and over the top; I think Styles has a done a great job of balancing out the violence with emotion (hope I'm explaining that properly).

(Probably my favorite track from the album)

Styles is one of those rappers you always know won't compromise his style (no pun intended), no matter the lure.

Question: Would any of you consider Joe Budden and/or Styles in your top 5 of all time? They are the two we talk about the most on here I'd say.

Top 5 currently, Styles would walk into mine but that's because I'm feeling him RIGHT NOW, my top 5 in 6 months or before 6 months would be very different
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:46 pm

I know I already posted this, but I really must tell you all to listen to this. Classic.

I know *bleep* The Police got all the attention, but this is my favorite off the album. This and Gangsta Gangsta
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:06 pm

adnyana179 wrote:

Thanks for posting "My Brother", you know I'm big on tracks emotion and passion. It was tough picking what songs to post on the thread, I hadn't finished finished re-listening to the whole album yet. Glad you think it's his best work, I didn't get as much out of it when I was 15-16 and I was very impressed the other night.

I don't really like making a top 5 list of the greatest rappers; I haven't heard enough of the so called all time greats. It's the same reason you'll never see me partake in a top 5 footballers list. I consider myself a student when it comes to both subjects. You also have probably noticed I'm very particular and this is the same way I am with everything: people, music, sports teams, etc... Maybe one of these days I can go in on some old hip-hop and make a decent top 5 that won't get laughed at.

Just thinking about it now, I do think Budden would make my top 5, he's been doing his thing for quite sometime. Most rappers would find it difficult to make it the way he did, I think that speaks for his skill and determination. Styles would be more difficult to place in there, this could be because of the Jadakiss factor (how could I put on the list and leave the other out?)

Quick question: What type of criteria are you using when deciding who makes your lists?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Consistency and fury imo, for example, a rapper can be consistently good for 5 albums, but he wouldn't make it over a rapper who was consistently GREAT over 3 albums.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Ice Cube, took a dump on N.W.A.

Doggystyle, Classic album.

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:43 am

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 am

One of my few Budden pet peeves is that he will recycle his bars from time to time. But I still enjoyed this song, not sure if he had already recorded this before the cypher.

(Some of my favorite from this track)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:32 am

This Beat. smoking Smoooooth.... Black Hippy!

Ab-Soul. Afro
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Not really his biggest fan, but the lack of Ye up in this thread is disturbing.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 pm

BEEF - Documentary

http://www.videoweed.es/file/0da3634c3a562http://www.videoweed.es/file/0da3634c3a562

Check it xDD
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:59 am

ali8775 wrote:

Not really his biggest fan, but the lack of Ye up in this thread is disturbing.

I posted a good share of Ye back in the old forum.

You could post his first two albums in completion and I'd have no complaints.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:43 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

Thanks for posting "My Brother", you know I'm big on tracks emotion and passion. It was tough picking what songs to post on the thread, I hadn't finished finished re-listening to the whole album yet. Glad you think it's his best work, I didn't get as much out of it when I was 15-16 and I was very impressed the other night.

I don't really like making a top 5 list of the greatest rappers; I haven't heard enough of the so called all time greats. It's the same reason you'll never see me partake in a top 5 footballers list. I consider myself a student when it comes to both subjects. You also have probably noticed I'm very particular and this is the same way I am with everything: people, music, sports teams, etc... Maybe one of these days I can go in on some old hip-hop and make a decent top 5 that won't get laughed at.

Just thinking about it now, I do think Budden would make my top 5, he's been doing his thing for quite sometime. Most rappers would find it difficult to make it the way he did, I think that speaks for his skill and determination. Styles would be more difficult to place in there, this could be because of the Jadakiss factor (how could I put on the list and leave the other out?)

Quick question: What type of criteria are you using when deciding who makes your lists?

When deciding who I rate the highest, I look at rhyme style and lyricism. Lyrics could be emotional, hard hitting, or straight metaphors and punchlines (I take no preference). Styles definitely fits the first two (as does Budden), whereas Jada is more the latter. Since you mentioned longevity and persistence, those who survive and at least maintain a steady following deserve credit for sure.

I should have rephrased my question to something like "do you believe they are top 5 material?", as to give it a broader scope. I think the best way you could make these lists is to perhaps categorize e.g. top punchline rappers, best rhyme style etc.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:52 am

^ Cosign, +1 for you.

I'm fairly certain I had made a post praising "The College Drop Out", it was definitely one of my favorite albums while in high school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:57 am

this track was a BANGER, it was before Ye bit Banks Blue Friday idea and made a Good Music Friday, but it's all good, I got a lot of good music in this period, the anticipation for H.F.M.2 was immense. Then Ye didn't release his track, and neither did Banks. Then Ye said Banks was top 5 rapper DOA and that he is his favorite rapper , and then they release this banger together.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:02 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:^ Cosign, +1 for you.

I'm fairly certain I had made a post praising "The College Drop Out", it was definitely one of my favorite albums while in high school.

I remember us talking about it and how you really respected his music at that point (deservedly so).
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:24 am

adnyana179 wrote:I should have rephrased my question to something like "do you believe they are top 5 material?", as to give it a broader scope. I think the best way you could make these lists is to perhaps categorize e.g. top punchline rappers, best rhyme style etc.

I think they both deserve to be on that list. I like the way you base your top 5, very similar to know I would rank mine. I think Budden has been more consistent than Styles and I only say this because Styles had his moments a few releases ago; he definitely redeemed himself with "Master of Ceremonies".

I would actually like to go back and look at their "stats", how many albums and mix tapes they have put out and when I say "stats", I don't mean numbers (I don't really care for those). I know we kind of did that with Budden, going back and picking those three favorite songs really showed how much Budden has done over the long haul.

I'm starting to wonder if Budden dates these crazy chicks on purpose (I'm kind of serious, but not really), it always help him create that "real" mood muzik and it seems like it brings him publicity (they do say any publicity is good publicity).

P.S. I got my Mikro Maschine, hoping to break it in soon. I have come down with a cold and can't be bothered with trying to learn something new. I'm really hoping to post some of my own work in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:42 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:I should have rephrased my question to something like "do you believe they are top 5 material?", as to give it a broader scope. I think the best way you could make these lists is to perhaps categorize e.g. top punchline rappers, best rhyme style etc.

I think they both deserve to be on that list. I like the way you base your top 5, very similar to know I would rank mine. I think Budden has been more consistent than Styles and I only say this because Styles had his moments a few releases ago; he definitely redeemed himself with "Master of Ceremonies".

I would actually like to go back and look at their "stats", how many albums and mix tapes they have put out and when I say "stats", I don't mean numbers (I don't really care for those). I know we kind of did that with Budden, going back and picking those three favorite songs really showed how much Budden has done over the long haul.

I'm starting to wonder if Budden dates these crazy chicks on purpose (I'm kind of serious, but not really), it always help him create that "real" mood muzik and it seems like it brings him publicity (they do say any publicity is good publicity).

P.S. I got my Mikro Maschine, hoping to break it in soon. I have come down with a cold and can't be bothered with trying to learn something new. I'm really hoping to post some of my own work in the near future.

Numbers in music are easily manipulated anyway, so they are hardly a reliable measure. It's a tough thing to cover everything with Styles, considering he has so many features on his own tracks and he has worked on a lot of other albums (plus the LOX of course). Breaking out on "Life After Death" really did them all a world of good.

That's an interesting point on Budden's girls, but I don't think he is one to do something like that for publicity.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:16 am

adnyana179 wrote:That's an interesting point on Budden's girls, but I don't think he is one to do something like that for publicity.

Yeah, if anything it was just me having a little fun in my head. We all know Joe keeps it real when it comes to rapping.

What did you think of his new track "She Don't Love Me"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:00 am

Fella's, what do you think about Radioactive? I'm pretty mixed at this point
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:51 pm

^^It makes a nice weedplate

j/p but seriously I think it's pretty average, starts off strong, really really fades off after about track 7 or so.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:02 pm

dmize wrote:^^It makes a nice weedplate

j/p but seriously I think it's pretty average, starts off strong, really really fades off after about track 7 or so.

Throw It Up is frakking annoying.

Yelawolf is just concentrating on going fast with the flow, I'm starting to think the Em influence on this record fraked it up.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Black Hippy! banana
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next