Lucifer
BarcaLearning
Thimmy
Lex
Hapless_Hans
9 posters

Go down

What will Joachim Löw do next?

Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Vote_lcap0%Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Vote_lcap0%Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Vote_lcap83%Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Vote_lcap17%Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Empty Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 11:41

Germany NT manager Löw will quit after the Euros in summer.

He's been in the job since 2006, after he took over from Klinsmann whom he had assisted in leading the team into the World Cup in Germany.

Until 2014 he was assisted by Hansi Flick, since then his assistants were Thomas Schneider, former Stuttgart youth coach and short time Stuttgart head coach, and Marcus Sorg, former Germany U19 coach.

Two questions:
What's next for Löw?
And what's next for the Germany NT?

Potential big implications for the summer, with the futures of Klopp and Flick surely coming into the discussion.

To paraphrase Craig Ferguson, it's a great day for Germany.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Empty Re: Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job

Post by Lex Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 13:39

The last remnants of the old German guard. Much like the Netherlands, I don't feel like Germany have adequately transitioned from the old to the new smoothly. Relied on their heavy hitters for too long and, now, are stuck with a plethora of youngsters though, while talented, are relatively untested as a cohesive unit at national team level. Having said that and unlike the Dutch NT, Germany seem to have a more promising crop of youngsters pop up. In my own personal opinion, of course.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job Empty Re: Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job

Post by Thimmy Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 13:41

Marcus Sorg sounds a bit ominous to me, as Sorg means sorrow/grief in swe/dan/nor hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 13:45

I'm still a little perplexed at how to correctly pronounce Jogi
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 13:53

Lex wrote:I'm still a little perplexed at how to correctly pronounce Jogi

Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job 2733c710
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 14:14

Thimmy wrote:Marcus Sorg sounds a bit ominous to me, as Sorg means sorrow/grief in swe/dan/nor hmm

Sorge, yes, same, means sorrow, worry or care.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 14:17

Thimmy wrote:
Lex wrote:I'm still a little perplexed at how to correctly pronounce Jogi

Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job 2733c710
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogi
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 14:37

From 2006 until now, wow thats like an eternity in modern football? Hard to tell how good he is for real Razz Since Germany were very good for many years, and then just collapsed in the last WC or so Razz One argument for the coach not having that much impact and rather the players themselves just doing their thing?

I hope Klopp and Flick etc., stay in club football. NT feels like one for those older retired types of coaches who has done it all and just want a more relaxed and pretigeous job Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 15:00

Does "other" Include scratching and smelling ones balls? If no then third one.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 15:20

Klopp Sad seems like things are aligning really ! Couldnt have expected more from the Boss. I am preparing myself to go in eternity of depression.

His mother just died. He couldn't leave the country. Might want to be closer to his extended family. Seems like the right time.
He made LFC the champions of everything apart from some mickey mouse cups.
Job done.
I just can not imagine life without Klopp.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 15:52

Overstayed his welcome IMO. In my view, Germany mostly succeeded in spite of him rather than because of any great contributions he made to the team. Only upside for the German NT.

PS not bitter at all we lost to this clown
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 16:59

I'm in the Jogi to Arsenal hype train bounce

If we're gonna suck, at least we'll suck in style.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 21:39

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

this is who you really lost to

Jogi Löw to step down from the Germany job 1114989_default_1vIVqV_ccQirX
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 22:05

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Overstayed his welcome IMO. In my view, Germany mostly succeeded in spite of him rather than because of any great contributions he made to the team. Only upside for the German NT.

Germany has had success but you have to believe they could have had more given the quality of the players.

I struggle to define one thing about Low that is impressive. It feels like what he's done with the team since 2006 is what I could do if I had the opportunity, or any jobber off the street.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum