Casciavit
CBarca
titosantill
LeBĂ©ninois
M99
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

UEFA Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City vs Chelsea - Page 4 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City vs Chelsea

Post by Lucifer Sat May 29, 2021 3:00 pm

My man Kante with CL medal Proud

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City vs Chelsea - Page 4 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City vs Chelsea

Post by Helmer Sat May 29, 2021 3:01 pm

Hahahah
Pep the fraud again

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 29, 2021 3:03 pm

Kante, what a legend, historic midfielder
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat May 29, 2021 3:04 pm

So brilliant that Chelsea won. Tuchel won, trophy stays at home, German manager's home. PSG sack Tuchel and hire that noob Poch, go on to lose against City, Tuchel beats City. What a circle.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat May 29, 2021 3:04 pm

Could you tell me who is the only Manchester club to have won Champions League ? We got this @Firenze
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat May 29, 2021 3:06 pm

congratz chelsea, exciting time ahead with Tuchel.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Fully deserves by Chelsea. Tuchel has done wonders with this team.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Why in the world did Pep decide to play Gundogan as a sole DM in the biggest match of their entire 10 year history Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat May 29, 2021 3:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Kante, what a legend, historic midfielder

MotM in R16, both semi finals and final.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 29, 2021 3:09 pm

proper Arteta performance by Pep's team tonight... endless lethargic sideways passing with no imminent threat of penetration at all. Did they even have a shot on goal, lol?

Tuchel does Simeone better than Simeone, can't believe we missed out on him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 29, 2021 3:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why in the world did Pep decide to play Gundogan as a sole DM in the biggest match of their entire 10 year history Laughing

i don't even think that was the problem at the end. They just didn't attack with any directness at all the whole game, they could have passed that bitch all night long and not get a single shot on target, Chelsea's defense looked that comfortable.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat May 29, 2021 3:11 pm

Congrats to Chelsea fans

A beautiful team although your german dudes are raw in front of the goal

Very impressive defending today and against Real
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 29, 2021 3:12 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Kante, what a legend, historic midfielder

MotM in R16, both semi finals and final.

give that man the Balon d'Or imo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat May 29, 2021 3:13 pm

A basque lifts Uefa Champions League, where is Arq
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 29, 2021 3:15 pm

rincon wrote:Tuchel has done wonders with this team.

He has indeed. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a football game as much as I did tonight.

And I kept asking myself "Was this the same guy that was let go by PSG?!" How come he didn't succeed with them?

I didn't watch his PSG that much, but I'm guessing he failed because he couldn't manage the big egos in the dressing room?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 29, 2021 3:17 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

He has indeed. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a football game as much as I did tonight.

This was very enjoyable to watch, more than usual for a final. I think it also has to do with seeing fans in the stadium after the season of covid. It was a similar feeling in the coppa italia final, it really makes everything better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 29, 2021 3:19 pm

I know it's a meme by this point, but of all games to leave out an important player like Fernandinho, to play Gundogan aka one of their biggest goal threats in a holding role, is peak Pep.

Also, starting Sterling with his sorry form? A big risk that failed.

Saying that, Chelsea were excellent. Made all the chances in the opening 20 minutes, deservedly took a lead, shut down City's attacks and remained threatening on the counter. Tuchel has done elite work there since joining.

IIRC, City have struggled vs back fives, haven't they? Because City rely so much on releasing their wide players and cutting back to the mids, if teams ensure those wide players never get 1v1s, and outnumber City's players in the box, they can block one of their main routes to goal. This City especially will struggle in that case because they don't have a top centre forward outside of an old Aguero.

Thinking about it, the one player City could have used tonight? Cancelo. Walker and Zinchenko offer so little going forward. That extra width from the full-backs would have been useful against a back five.

Last edited by Jay29 on Sat May 29, 2021 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 29, 2021 3:23 pm

wouldn't call what i just watched enjoyable tbf Laughing no threat from City at all and they had possession most of the game, Chelsea's defense was comfortable the entire night. It was like a Simeone performance but with better midfielders which makes them more exciting on the counter attack.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Jay wrote:
IIRC, City have struggled vs back fives, haven't day? Because City rely so much on releasing their wide players and cutting back to the mids, if teams ensure those wide players never get 1v1s, and outnumber City's players in the box, they can block one of their main routes to goal. This City especially will struggle in that case because they don't have a top centre forward outside of an old Aguero.
correct, we did the same vs them in the FA Cup last season

Jay wrote:Thinking about it, the one player City could have used tonight? Cancelo. Walker and Zinchenko offer so little going forward. That extra width from the full-backs would have useful against a back five.
agreed, i'll never understand why Zinchenko gets game time nevermind important matches game time Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 29, 2021 3:35 pm

Jay29 wrote:I know it's a meme by this point, but of all games to leave out an important player like Fernandinho, to play Gundogan aka one of their biggest goal threats in a holding role, is peak Pep.

Also, starting Sterling with his sorry form? A big risk that failed.

Saying that, Chelsea were excellent. Made all the chances in the opening 20 minutes, deservedly took a lead, shut down City's attacks and remained threatening on the counter. Tuchel has done elite work there since joining.

IIRC, City have struggled vs back fives, haven't they? Because City rely so much on releasing their wide players and cutting back to the mids, if teams ensure those wide players never get 1v1s, and outnumber City's players in the box, they can block one of their main routes to goal. This City especially will struggle in that case because they don't have a top centre forward outside of an old Aguero.

Thinking about it, the one player City could have used tonight? Cancelo. Walker and Zinchenko offer so little going forward. That extra width from the full-backs would have been useful against a back five.

I have no idea why Pep has started treating Aguero as like he is 39 lmao. He absolutely should have started this instead of Sterling.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 29, 2021 3:38 pm

American media getting hyped for Pulisic before they lose to Mexico in the gold cup :bow:
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 29, 2021 3:48 pm

UEFA Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City vs Chelsea - Page 4 15c93962cf4e5c151c617a0e7dc11343
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat May 29, 2021 3:51 pm

UEFA Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City vs Chelsea - Page 4 E2ldy-gWYAUm95g?format=jpg&name=medium
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 29, 2021 3:59 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

And I kept asking myself "Was this the same guy that was let go by PSG?!" How come he didn't succeed with them?

I didn't watch his PSG that much, but I'm guessing he failed because he couldn't manage the big egos in the dressing room?

He did succeed with them.
They were in the final last year, and it was an even game.

He just fell out with the board, as he is prone to do.

And yes, having Neymar and Mbappé means a very different strategy.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Not all coaches are suitable for all clubs I think. As Hans said PSG just was a totally different team to Chelsea, big start attacking players, with no where near as good defenders. Prior to PSG he did ok with Dortmund, but I dont think it was anything spectacular. I still have no idea Razz Its just a case with the right manager at the right club at the right time perhaps Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 29, 2021 6:36 pm

I don't get this argument that Tuchel did bad at PSG. The one major blip was losing to United in the last minute. CL finals are usually really close games that come down to fine margins which was the case against Bayern.

He's clearly a world class coach and I'd be saying the same even if he lost the finals today too.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next