Lord Awesome
Luca
M99
RealGunner
Robespierre
23 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

WHICH TEAMS WILL GO THROUGH? (CHOOSE 2, PLEASE)

EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Vote_lcap33% EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
 EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Vote_lcap58% EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]
 EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Vote_lcap0% EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
 EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Vote_lcap8% EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

EURO 2020 - Group A - Page 7 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - Group A

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:03 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Indeed Turkey manager is not Terim ( I believed it too ) but Gunes , this explains how they  are crap . They'd not have been same crap under the Emperor Terim

Their legendary 2002 campaign with Hakan Sukur, Emre Belozoglu, Ilhan Manzis, etc. was with this manager Senol Gunes though hmm
Different era, skill declining, weaker team, etc etc

I didn't know it tbf but anyway it was just an appreciation post about Terim

anyway I've even a Emre Belozoglu shirt , one of my favorite players Proud

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Mancini's most important midfielder is Jorginho, its why he couldn't even be benched vs Wales.

The starting midfield is Verratti-Jorginho-Barella. They complement each other perfectly so there is no need to reinvent roles and move Verratti to a pivot or anything like that. Locatelli will probably be benched seeing as Verratti played a fantastic match tonight, but its one of the two. Jorginho and Barella are safe.

Last edited by rincon on Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:20 pm

anyway it's a good problem to have
Italy out here with the best midfield in the Euros, you love to see it
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:26 pm

Yep, I said it also before Euro had begun that the main strenght is the midfield and not the attack
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:32 pm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:24 am

Italia Heart

Love the way they play. So many great players but no "superstars" with a fantastic system from Mancini. He has managed to have a highly functional system which produces really good football and somehow has nearly every player replicating what they do do at club level. No awkward fits, no compensational selections and everyone seems at a very high level.

If they dont win this competition, its because some pragmatic set peice playing hoofball merchant team steals it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:38 am

Manicni really deserves tons of credit, regardless of how the tournament ends. His words after Ventura had us miss the world cup was that his mission was to return enthusiasm to the national team and to win the people back.

He fulfilled that more than anyone could have predicted. Now Italy is behind the team, the media loves it, the atmosphere in the team seems great.

In the post-match he said that they could make 8 changes and play the same way because they have insisted in the same style since the first day. Important point imo. Also that he understood the way that a lot of these players play at club level and created an appropriate national team for it.

The midfield was always naturally inclined for this so from the start they carried the team, but the attack was difficult to solve. For the first part of Mancini's tenure it was a dominant game without many goals and without scoring strikers. Only Insigne truly fit. Recently Immobile has adapted to the team and Berardi was the final piece.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:04 am

Mancio has been the star of this team for me throughout.

When he was appointed I did not know how to react as he knows how to win trophies but never really created any dynasties or long term teams be it his Inter or Man City and never exactly played attacking football, but we know how it changed here.

And so far all my doubts have been cleared and it feels so good after that utterly pathetic coach Ventura did what he did to this team.

I also like that he never seems satisfied on the sidelines despite the obvious joy of the team when they play and when they score and somehow sees things to improve to which even I do not. Plus listening to his interviews are fun given he is well-spoken and thoughtful.

Best of all things out of anything he has done is that his second team pretty much plays as well as his first team which tells me how good his system is.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:19 am

always been a fan of Mancini tbf... He played good football with City
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:22 am

Curiously Roberto Mancini was a great player , one of best  N°10 of his generation in Serie A , capable to win 2 Scudetti with Sampdoria and Lazio ( not three strisciate I mean,  results even more relevant) , but his career in NT was basically   nothing.

He always had a complicated relationship with Nazionale. Mainly due to quarrells with managers.
He performed at Euro 88, but he played  0 minutes in Italy 90. Then Sacchi came and it was the definite storm. Not called up anymore for  Italy.
A sort of Italian Cantona.

Now he's getting that success in NT that missed totally as player.

Probably he learned his same errors and he  he sees himself in some situations and this permitts to read them
Having said that, beyond the psychological aspect, his  Nazionale plays a beautiful football
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:29 am

Has to be said Italy really play very well right now. The numbers are telling and they are legit this time around. I touted them for the Final but ultimately it's on them to make it. They have have all the tools and a manager to lead them so they are defo candidates.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:30 am

The road to the final is difficult. If the favorites win their games we should get Belgium in the QF and France in the SF. In any case they will be great matches.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 am

i guess its better that italians are not taken seriously as favorites. they are doing just fine without greater expectations and they got nothing to loose on that respect when they face big teams like Belgium or France if they progress further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Robespierre wrote:Curiously Roberto Mancini was a great player , one of best  N°10 of his generation in Serie A , capable to win 2 Scudetti with Sampdoria and Lazio ( not three strisciate I mean,  results even more relevant) , but his career in NT was basically   nothing.

He always had a complicated relationship with Nazionale. Mainly due to quarrells with managers.
He performed at Euro 88, but he played  0 minutes in Italy 90. Then Sacchi came and it was the definite storm. Not called up anymore for  Italy.

Probably he learned his same errors and he  he sees himself in some situations and this permitts to read them
Having said that, beyond the psychological aspect, his  Nazionale plays a beautiful football

Yes, it also piqued my curiousity how such a great player as Mancini does not have many caps with his country. Shame that there were cases such as his and Cantona. He could be a great option to Baggio like Del Piero was to Totti. Guess they're all humans afterall.

I also heard about that. It's said that he's highly motivated to achieve success with Azzurri due to him not experiencing one as a player. It's certainly been translated very well through the player's performance
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:Italia Heart

Love the way they play. So many great players but no "superstars" with a fantastic system from Mancini. He has managed to have a highly functional system which produces really good football and somehow has nearly every player replicating what they do do at club level. No awkward fits, no compensational selections and everyone seems at a very high level.

If they dont win this competition, its because some pragmatic set peice playing hoofball merchant team steals it.

They play the most modern football in the tournament. They lack individual quality up front, but they have the best midfield in the tournament.

I feel club coaching has had an influence on the playing style as well. Majority of the players are playing for or have played for tactically astute coaches. The spine is made up of Conte, De Zerbi, Sarri, and Tuchel players. Gotta give credit to Mancini for leaning into that as well.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Never a Italy fan but appreciate the change in their football nowadays. Although ppl forgetting France? Their midfield is also so good, and Mbappe, I dont see how old Bannuci amd Chellini can contain him? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:14 pm

Robespierre wrote:Curiously Roberto Mancini was a great player , one of best  N°10 of his generation in Serie A , capable to win 2 Scudetti with Sampdoria and Lazio ( not three strisciate I mean,  results even more relevant) , but his career in NT was basically   nothing.

Yes, it also piqued my curiousity how such a great player as Mancini does not have many caps with his country. Shame that there were cases such as his and Cantona. He could be a great option to Baggio like Del Piero was to Totti. Guess they're all humans afterall.

I also heard about that. It's said that he's highly motivated to achieve success with Azzurri due to him not experiencing one as a player. It's certainly been translated very well through the player's performance

Yes, he didn't accept to be the Baggio's backup and so he broke  off with Sacchi.

The battle was between Baggio and Zola and not always Baggio won it.

At Euro 96 Zola was called up and Baggio stayed at home ( the other one called up was the emerging Del Piero ).
They Italy got kncoked out exactly because Zola missed the penalty against Germany...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Robespierre wrote:

Yes, he didn't accept to be the Baggio's backup and so he broke  off with Sacchi.

At Euro 96 Zola was called up and Baggio stayed at home ( the other one called up was the emerging Del Piero ).
They Italy got kncoked out exactly because Zola missed the penalty against Germany...

Yes, there's also Zola. I guess there's always great players in his role until the end of his career. From Baggio to Totti, Italy used to always have the best player for that #10/second striker role. It's quite strange why those technical aces were the ones who missed the important penalties. Anyway, what's strisciate?
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Robespierre wrote:

Yes, there's also Zola. I guess there's always great players in his role until the end of his career. From Baggio to Totti, Italy used to always have the best player for that #10/second striker role. It's quite strange why those technical aces were the ones who missed the important penalties. Anyway, what's strisciate?

Strisciate are the 3 Giants , Juve, Inter and Milan , strisciate because all the three have stripes ( stripes = strisce ) on the shirt Laughing
It's how they are sometimes  called by fans of those clubs outside of the "circle" Juve, Inter and Milan..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Strisciate are the 3 Giants , Juve, Inter and Milan , strisciate because all the three have stripes ( stripes = strisce ) on the shirt Laughing
It's how they are sometimes  called by fans of those clubs outside of the "circle" Juve, Inter and Milan..

I see, the 3 Striped Giants. Yes, to win scudetto with Sampdoria and Lazio was indeed more impressive than with the 3 strisciate
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:15 pm

Mancini was a brilliant player indeed. Utter joy to watch and came in an unfortunate time and only will be appreciated further given the future generations will inevitably look into the past.

I loved his classy move to invite Sirigu in the 87th minute to replace Donnarumma given Mancini got zero caps in the '90 World Cup so he wanted to give a 34 year old Sirigu one cap at least. Brilliant.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:16 pm

By the way, how has no one mentioned Austria is Italia's opponent in the Round of 16?

Its on the 26th and can anyone tell me how Austria is and their chances against Italy if so, why?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:10 am

Arquitecto wrote:By the way, how has no one mentioned Austria is Italia's opponent in the Round of 16?

Its on the 26th and can anyone tell me how Austria is and their chances against Italy if so, why?

Austria should be a piece of cake for Italy. Their most dangerous and creative player is a center back..that's all you need to know really. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:04 am

Arquitecto wrote:By the way, how has no one mentioned Austria is Italia's opponent in the Round of 16?

Austria aren't in a great place atm, team lacks balance, Alaba being their leader and driving creative force means they always stand deep and look for the pass backwards, arguably they'd be better if they ignored him a bit.
Their forwards aren't really having a great time these past few weeks.

Should be a cake walk for Italy, though obviously knockout games are almost never a joke, and if Austria decide to sit deep completely, it could take a while to break them down. They're not a bad side. I'd say comparable to Switzerland, just worse balance? They lack the punch of a Shaqiri or Embolo, but have pretty good control with the midfield around Sabitzer, though I assume that won't matter against Locatelli etc...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:39 am

Casciavit wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Italia Heart

They play the most modern football in the tournament. They lack individual quality up front, but they have the best midfield in the tournament.

I feel club coaching has had an influence on the playing style as well. Majority of the players are playing for or have played for tactically astute coaches. The spine is made up of Conte, De Zerbi, Sarri, and Tuchel players. Gotta give credit to Mancini for leaning into that as well.

I think they have the best midfield in the tournament for sure and I think if Zaniolo was available, it would be even better. Of all the teams so far, this has been the one I have been most interested in their system and principles and I look to steal ideas from myself.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:32 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Never a Italy fan but appreciate the change in their football nowadays. Although ppl forgetting France? Their midfield is also so good, and Mbappe, I dont see how old Bannuci amd Chellini can contain him? Razz

italy has Bastoni ! that guy is monstrous man marker!
plus italy is never gonna let only defenders keep in check they do that as a unit with extra layer of support from midfield anyway. that being said if italy were to face belgium and france late stage italy is better off being underdogs. they are capable as a unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next