S
VivaStPauli
RealGunner
Myesyats
Robespierre
37 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Which teams will go through ? ( Choose 2, please)

EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Vote_lcap30%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Vote_lcap40%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Vote_lcap30%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 9 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - Group F

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:24 pm

Babun wrote:Renato Sanchez did a fine job for Portugal whenever he was on. He also covered that right side better. He should start imo. France might struggle vs Portugal, a victory isn't given. Portugal's counter attacking playstyle doesn't suit France.

Also, Müller is out for at least one game due to knee injury. Hummels, Gündogan also have got problems, might not start vs Hungary.

RIP our Euros run, see you all in Qatar.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:34 am

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:

How would you have them play to get far more out of them?

I dont know. For me, its not about the actual players. So I wont say things like start player x instead of y, or play x formation.

What I would like to see is just more variety, different game principles. More emphasis of controlling the game in the opponents third (so more ball pressure higher) and having the ideas (combinations using Benz dropping movements, 3rd man runs, wall passes and on so). Players who change position more and surprise the opponent.

Look at the Netherlands and Italy, they play very good football and its not like they have no facilities to use quick transitions as France like to do. They can do that also, but they also have the capability to recovering the ball higher on the field have far more ideas against complicated defenses.

Last night for example, I think it was De Jong, but could have been someone else. He played a quick pass from the left towards Depay, who leaves the ball and lets it go on to Mallen and Depay in the same moment of leaving the ball runs behind the defence (despite the space being very small) and Mallen with 1 touch plays it behind for Depay to be 1v1 with the goalie. He missed, but Wijnaldum was there to finish the tap in.

Great moment of the game in my opinion, good combination and use of several different sub principles to break open even a crowded, deep defensive line. I refuse to believe Benz, Griezmann and Mbappe couldnt combine in a similar way. But they never do and the reason is, they are so fixed on their pragmatic defence and quick transition game these ideas arent fostered. If France face Netherlands, I expect them to win, they are the better side but I still think they are capable of more.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:54 am

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:30 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Babun wrote:Renato Sanchez did a fine job for Portugal whenever he was on. He also covered that right side better. He should start imo. France might struggle vs Portugal, a victory isn't given. Portugal's counter attacking playstyle doesn't suit France.

Also, Müller is out for at least one game due to knee injury. Hummels, Gündogan also have got problems, might not start vs Hungary.

VivaStPauli wrote:

lol why.... germany will be fine XD
Leroy Sane can do it

with Gundogan there is always Gorezka who can do the job or even kimmich can play a midfield role if needs be so .. i think they will be alright

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am

VivaStPauli wrote:

We can beat Hungary without him. Goretzka will be back, no need for doom mongering. I see a problem if he doesn't recover in time for the K.O. stages. That's one of the problems with physical fossils, they injure themselves too often in tournaments. I expect Kroos and Hummels to miss a game here and there as well.

Last edited by Babun on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am

Think its about time we see Joao Felix tbh.

Bruno is not cutting it. barely involved in the 3 nil win, let alone the Germany game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:08 pm

Robespierre wrote:

THey allow rainbow armbands, kneeling etc but not illuminating the stadium in a specific color? How in the world are they neutral and since when

Anti racism campaign funded/organized by UEFA. Isnt that political?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:00 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

THey allow rainbow armbands, kneeling etc but not illuminating the stadium in a specific color? How in the world are they neutral and since when

Anti racism campaign funded/organized by UEFA. Isnt that political?

They get billions from markets that aren't big on the whole LGBTQ+ thing. There is only so much they can allow before it starts hurting their pockets. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:

How would you have them play to get far more out of them?

I dont know. For me, its not about the actual players. So I wont say things like start player x instead of y, or play x formation.

What I would like to see is just more variety, different game principles. More emphasis of controlling the game in the opponents third (so more ball pressure higher) and having the ideas (combinations using Benz dropping movements, 3rd man runs, wall passes and on so). Players who change position more and surprise the opponent.

Look at the Netherlands and Italy, they play very good football and its not like they have no facilities to use quick transitions as France like to do. They can do that also, but they also have the capability to recovering the ball higher on the field have far more ideas against complicated defenses.

Last night for example, I think it was De Jong, but could have been someone else. He played a quick pass from the left towards Depay, who leaves the ball and lets it go on to Mallen and Depay in the same moment of leaving the ball runs behind the defence (despite the space being very small) and Mallen with 1 touch plays it behind for Depay to be 1v1 with the goalie. He missed, but Wijnaldum was there to finish the tap in.

Great moment of the game in my opinion, good combination and use of several different sub principles to break open even a crowded, deep defensive line. I refuse to believe Benz, Griezmann and Mbappe couldnt combine in a similar way. But they never do and the reason is, they are so fixed on their pragmatic defence and quick transition game these ideas arent fostered. If France face Netherlands, I expect them to win, they are the better side but I still think they are capable of more.

Ah yes, it's very clear if you worded it like that. The way Depay, Malen, and Wijnaldum combined yesterday was exciting to watch of course. And it was effective that they could have scored more, if Depay didn't dwell on the ball too long at some moments and other things executed right. Yeah, Benzema, Griezmann, and Mbappe shoud certainly be able to do what they did really
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:Think its about time we see Joao Felix tbh.

Bruno is not cutting it. barely involved in the 3 nil win, let alone the Germany game.
Yeah I touted the man for top assister in the league but he really isnt having a good one with Portugal here. Doesnt look like hell do it now since he hasnt be able to do what he does at Utd. So yeah I think Joao Felix has to be deployed at this point and more so with France now
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:23 pm

What is the worst that could happen if the City of Munich just ignores UEFA and does it anyway?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:39 pm

I'm passive to these signals of virtue like armbands to even the exuberant and impressive LGBT display of the Allianz lights but what in the world are UEFA getting riled up about when it comes to this?

Why does it matter? Do they need their rules going just their way? They have so many bigger matters to attend to.

Terrible leadership.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Also if Santos wants to win he needs to stop starting both William and Danilo. Sanches' performances earned him a starting spot. Portugal started playing a lot better in both games after he came on. I also feel the attack gelled better with Andre Silva playing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:49 pm

M99 wrote:Also if Santos wants to win he needs to stop starting both William and Danilo. Sanches' performances earned him a starting spot. Portugal started playing a lot better in both games after he came on. I also feel the attack gelled better with Andre Silva playing.

This. People talking about Semedo's fault (yeah he's no good). But, if Semedo followed either one of Gnabry, Muller or Havertz; and Bernardo/Renato pressed Rudiger, then what was the DMs doing? They're supposed to make the team more solid, but they're really seem just like boulders, just being there doing nothing. Certainly not contributing offensively, yet also didn't help much in the defensive phase in which they are there for.
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Yeah, I think Felix is a creative force and has many similar qualities to Bruno but for me, with more ability. He hasnt played a single minute yet? That I cant understand. Even if Bruno is 1st choice, Felix is no scrub.

As for the double pivot. I dont think that was the reason they lost to Germany, they were given so many tactical things to solve and couldnt cope. The narrow German front 3 forced the back 4 narrow and then the advanced wingbacks caused havoc time after time. The double pivot didnt want to drop onto Kai or Muller because of the passing threat of Kroos and they often got stuck in between. Credit to Germany for a great gameplan, or at least it was a matter of matching up well.

I am not against playing Sanches, but im not sure he has the defensive qualities. Whenever I have seen him in deep midfield, he looks lost and doesnt know where to be and when. Though I do agree Danilo and William is redundant against certain match ups.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, I think Felix is a creative force and has many similar qualities to Bruno but for me, with more ability. He hasnt played a single minute yet? That I cant understand. Even if Bruno is 1st choice, Felix is no scrub.

As for the double pivot. I dont think that was the reason they lost to Germany, they were given so many tactical things to solve and couldnt cope. The narrow German front 3 forced the back 4 narrow and then the advanced wingbacks caused havoc time after time. The double pivot didnt want to drop onto Kai or Muller because of the passing threat of Kroos and they often got stuck in between. Credit to Germany for a great gameplan, or at least it was a matter of matching up well.

I am not against playing Sanches, but im not sure he has the defensive qualities. Whenever I have seen him in deep midfield, he looks lost and doesnt know where to be and when. Though I do agree Danilo and William is redundant against certain match ups.

How about Danilo and Neves/Moutinho and playing Renato in Bruno's place. I don't think Felix would replace Bruno, if he's starting, he'd be in Jota's place
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:40 pm

Regarding the whole rainbow colored Allianz Arena btw, one tidbit that gets underreported though is:
The mayor of Munich explicitly said they wanted to do the rainbow lighting as a response to anti-LGBTQ legislation in Hungary, making this an explicit political statement.

I do still think it's mostly pro tolerance, anti discrimination and not political in the partisan sense, and I think they should've allowed it, and I think Munich should still do it - but:
It was pretty obvious UEFA wasn't going to allow it, the second the mayor openly said it was a reaction to a Hungarian law it became officially political, and they had to disallow it.

I kind of assume that the mayor knew this, and they're trying to make this a big enough issue so the UEFA has to change it's rules on what kinds of protest and political statement are permissable, which I also don't disagree with.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:31 pm

They should do it regardless. Its a great response to hungary and i doubt uefa will issue any fines anyway, they're all talk.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:37 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 pm

Bruno literally is the Portuguese Hakan
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:44 am

Yeah Joao Felix gives me more of a SS vibe than an AM but Fernando Santos may as well try him out at Bruno Fernandes position. He's bound to create something even out of role and might be more of a threat than how Bruno Fernandes has been producing. However, one problem I see with that is that Santos will likely resort more to defending the 0-0 and let France have the ball so he might opt to go for a 4-4-2 instead to assure Portugal's qualification and Deschamps is less liable to change tactics so the possibilty that Joao will play on the wings is actually likely. It would make sense to also have 2 tall forwards waiting for the passes brought in by Joao Felix on one side, Bernardo Silva, on the other, and possibly play Renato Sanches in the middle to help out Danilo Pereiria deal with Pogba, Kante, and Rabiot in the middle. I think it's better to have 2 CFs (Ronaldo & Andre Silva) so they too con drop a ball for the other in the box or flatout just go for goal. Reality will probs be Santos will start with Diogo Jota anyway instead of Andre Silva since he has actually has a good running dribble in him or he'll swap Jota on the outside and place Joao Felix next to Ronaldo to do the same.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:25 am

Myesyats wrote:They should do it regardless. Its a great response to hungary and i doubt uefa will issue any fines anyway, they're all talk.

Oh yeah agreed, I just wanted to point out how predictable this was.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:05 am

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, I think Felix is a creative force and has many similar qualities to Bruno but for me, with more ability. He hasnt played a single minute yet? That I cant understand. Even if Bruno is 1st choice, Felix is no scrub.

How about Danilo and Neves/Moutinho and playing Renato in Bruno's place. I don't think Felix would replace Bruno, if he's starting, he'd be in Jota's place

I like Neves, so no objection for me on that.

I dont think Felix would play over Bruno either, he isnt leaving the starting 11 I am sure.

But I do think defensively, he could easily play because Bruno often jumps forward to form a 442 in the defensive phase anyway and it is up to Jota and Bernando to form a 4 with the 2 pivots. I think defensively, it might be better for Felix to play instead of Bruno, rather than Jota or Bernando but I dont see that happening either way.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:15 am

RealGunner wrote:

lmao, Jose needs to stay in the game in some way shape or form until his death
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 am

Bruno has been absolutely awful so far. Perhaps he is struggling from lack of penalties since Utd get every call their way in the prem hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:12 pm

Myesyats wrote:They should do it regardless. Its a great response to hungary and i doubt uefa will issue any fines anyway, they're all talk.

I didn't get why they bothered to ask. They should've done it regardless. What could UEFA have done in retroperspective? Nothing, me thinks.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next