Warrior
Helmer
McAgger
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dusan Vlahovic - Page 4 Empty Re: Dusan Vlahovic

Post by rincon Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:41

Calma, had a bad match in his first month at the club is all. Was great in the 3 previous ones.

Torino bullied our team in general with their 4 midfielders and made everyone look bad.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 19 Feb 2022, 18:18

It' a signing who secures the 4th place.
Atalanta witout Zapata etc should not get this and , honestly, after Milan Juve 0-0 I predicted a Juve 5th due to lack of CF.
So It represents a signing that should "save" their season.
Honestly Juve have never been on race for Scudetto and Vlahovic couldn't change alone this thing. He'll give goals for CL Place and they 'll fight for the title next year probably.
I've never seen Juve as anti -Milan, just Inter and Napoli might be this but they won't take away this Scudetto to Milan tbf
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat 19 Feb 2022, 18:27

Calcio threads were more fun when Juve was alone at the top at least we assumed this role

Now it's only Inter/Milan fans congratulating each other months in advance
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 19 Feb 2022, 19:22

what kind of beta-ness is that, shouldn't they be beefing with one another ffs
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 20 Feb 2022, 18:34

Kaladin wrote:
elitedam wrote:We need to call him up before Robe's uncle at FIGC tries to steal him away.

I find the double standards kinda funny, especially for (Qatar) when the western media constantly criticize the NT for not having players born in Qatar (Despite them having been born and lived in Qatar their whole lives). Then you have the likes of Jorginho, Joao Pedro, Rafael Toloi, Luiz Felipe, Emerson, etc. And you don't hear a peep from any outlet Laughing

I don't know about Qatar but agree with you on Italy. It's because it's Italy and that they come with a reputation, nobody will point a finger at them. Same thing with Portugal but to a lesser extent.

Would be sweet to see them miss out on the world cup again.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun 20 Feb 2022, 23:10

Double standards ? the difference is that Italy would be relevant and competitive without those naturalized players

Now in a world where immigration is so important i don't think it's morally wrong to have many naturalized players but it depends on the manner it is done. And to be fair Qatar has very small population and most of it are foreigners.

Well Qatar recruits kids from Africa at very young age and trains them at the Aspire academy so there is a pretty strong incentive to play for Qatar NT after that. I suggest a google search about the kafala system which was modified just in 2020 after international pressure. Qatar can only have success in football through huge investments and a bending of the rules (to be polite) it is the archetype of despicable football business because their terrible human rights record is well known yet nobody cares and money rules.

Get invited at conmebol, at Gold Cup, what for ? What Qatar does except invest, they basically pay to enter. That's why a qatari citizen might perceive it as double standards/racism but in reality those critics are very justified.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sun 20 Feb 2022, 23:33

RealGunner wrote:We dodged a bullet with this one. Man is a fridge with the footballing ability of Yaya Sanogo

Read this on some chat: with Allegri, Vlahovic will become Zaza

In the meantime, his replacement at Fiorentina has 4 goals in the last 3 games (5 games if you want to consider the previous 2), while he has 1 in 4 games for Juventus.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 21 Feb 2022, 06:48

Warrior wrote:Double standards ? the difference is that Italy would be relevant and competitive without those naturalized players

Now in a world where immigration is so important i don't think it's morally wrong to have many naturalized players but it depends on the manner it is done. And to be fair Qatar has very small population and most of it are foreigners.

Well Qatar recruits kids from Africa at very young age and trains them at the Aspire academy so there is a pretty strong incentive to play for Qatar NT after that. I suggest a google search about the kafala system which was modified just in 2020 after international pressure. Qatar can only have success in football through huge investments and a bending of the rules (to be polite) it is the archetype of despicable football business because their terrible human rights record is well known yet nobody cares and money rules.

Get invited at conmebol, at Gold Cup, what for ? What Qatar does except invest, they basically pay to enter. That's why a qatari citizen might perceive it as double standards/racism but in reality those critics are very justified.

Qatar and Japan got invited to the gold cup as Asia's finalists. You can direct your hypocrisy to the CONMBEOL.

Qatar has a huge migrant nation population, but 90% of all the NT players are born and bred, second generation Qataris.

The kafala system is a sponsor system, to enter the country you will have to obtain a sponsor, usually its your employer. The problem lies with companies not the state or government that withhold migrant workers passports and essentially trap them in the country.

As for human rights, their is an insane campaign funded by a lot of the neighboring countries, i dont like to get into geopolitics but you'd do well to read up on this or the fact that Qatar has been blockaded by its neighbors for the last 4 years over clout among other things

The country has been under a large magnifying glass for the past 10 years. Yet you won't hear that we hosted the Afghan refugees, you won't hear about the humanitarian aid sent to Lebanon after their bomb blew, you won't hear about the plethora of good moral directives being undertaken by the country. All you will hear about is a misleading funded report thay compiles all deaths regardless of reason.

The slew of human rights violations by western countries if compiled would be unsurmountable. Yet you will not raise much eyebrows, you will still buy an iPhone, you will still buy American products.

Its funny when FAs like Norway tote out their players in boycott Qatar gear, putting the onus on them. Yet if i speak about Norway...better leave that for another day.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon 21 Feb 2022, 08:48

On NTs and nationalization. What is the percentage of nationalized Italian players?

Are any of them legal immigrants?

Do they speak the language?

Are they culturaly synced with the country?

Are they good enough to play for their original countries?

These are important questions to ask. Jorginho trained in Italy from youth level, was married to an Italian girl, and considers himself both Italian and Brazilian.

In contrast, both Toloi and Emerson are legal immigrants who claimed citizenship through Italian lineage. Both will probably consider themselves more Brazilian than Italian. However, unlike Jorginho, both won't come near featuring for the Brazilian NT.

Any criticism of the nationalization of any player should look at it from this lens,including with Qatar. Previously, it was more common for them to nationalize players who don't speak the language and have no cultural connection to Qatar whatsoever. However, the current team's naturalized players are mostly culturally part of Qatar's immigrant population, which is in line with what other countries do.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon 21 Feb 2022, 13:18

Let's not use the Dusan Vlahovic thread to make a podium of who is worse between middle east and the western world and btw i will never boycott iPhones, Nike, Qatar world cup 2022 or any of that based on morality simply because it would not change anything. I buy american products because that's what i find on the shelf not because i condone its foreign policy Laughing

None of what you said changes my mind about the hypocrisy of Fifa and specifically the elephant in the room Qatar who bought the world cup and hundreds of workers died for the cause. Those reports came out much before the diplomatic crisis and the supposed smear campaign funded by Saudi Arabia and others enemies. I would be glad to know more about geopolitics in the region because from here it looks like a perpetual ego war between kings and princes. In fact this research is already planned, i always seize the opportunity to know more about every WC/euro host.

About naturalization double standards which was the main topic of my post. Qatar and Italy are 2 very different contexts. I think we can all agree Italy don't depend on Tolois and Emersons to be competitive. Many players have double nationalities and it's increasing in european countries. But i believe Qatar is judged more severely because its performance depend a lot on naturalized players. From my research it is very recent that 90% of the NT is qatari born and bred.

Kafala employment system existed at some point in football (2013)
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/nov/19/zahir-belounis-qatar-
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue 22 Feb 2022, 21:10

first minute goal in his first CL appearance (I think, right?)

ffs ::bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 22 Feb 2022, 21:57

GL jinx strikes again
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue 22 Feb 2022, 22:48

gEnErAtIoNaL
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Wed 23 Feb 2022, 01:50

danyjr wrote:gEnErAtIoNaL

Best number 9 in Juve's history, honestly
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 23 Feb 2022, 10:33

What are you guys smoking and can i have some
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 23 Feb 2022, 10:43

should have known RG's knee-jerk analysis ain't trustworthy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Wed 23 Feb 2022, 23:45

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="it" dir="ltr" xml:lang="it">I 15 punti in cui <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vlahovic?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Vlahovic</a> ha ricevuto palla ieri sera. Solo 4 sono nella metà campo avversaria. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Juve?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Juve</a> <br /><br />Dusan Vlahovic in Vila-Real received 15 passes. Only 4 in the offensive midfield. <a href="https://t.co/B7K6xMQGhR">pic.twitter.com/B7K6xMQGhR</a></p>— luca bianchin (@lucabianchin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/lucabianchin7/status/1496609744202649620?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 23, 2022</a></blockquote>

90 millions for this
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat 26 Feb 2022, 19:33

What a player

Superstar in the making
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 26 Feb 2022, 19:39

ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 26 Feb 2022, 20:09

Incredible player. A special one. His second goal, the one against Villareal, the one against Sassuolo ffs
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat 26 Feb 2022, 20:51

Probably the fastest someone has hushed GL critics Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 26 Feb 2022, 23:15

it was only RG tbh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 07 May 2022, 00:26

How is he doing then?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 07 May 2022, 00:31

Juve fans wanted Ronaldo gone after having 101 goals in 3 seasons.

Vlahovic has 7 goals in 20 games so far and most of the fans are ecstatic.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat 07 May 2022, 10:06

Ronaldo had 95 goals in 117 games for Juve so 0,8 goals per game while Vlahovic has 7 in 13 games actually so 0,54 goals per game so far and looks like the main antagonist from Shrek 1, lord Maximus Farquaad.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat 07 May 2022, 11:04

Warrior wrote:Calcio threads were more fun when Juve was alone at the top at least we assumed this role

Now it's only Inter/Milan fans congratulating each other months in advance

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down