BarcaLearning
Lord Spencer
Mamad
Chad31
titosantill
46 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 14 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue 28 Jun 2022 - 21:53

No one? I ran the numbers for Neymar and I had a good laugh

His new contract kicks in July 1, 2022 and runs until June 30, 2027. That’s 5 seasons of guaranteed earnings

Neymar makes around 67 millions euros gross per season. I looked for the numbers quite a bit this is a reasonable estimate. He is definitely close to 30 millions net per season, and I think that’s the basis on his deal so taxation can vary by country

So 5 years @ 67 millions euros = 335 millions euros
In pounds, 55.87 millions pounds = 279 millions pounds

Around 1.28 mil euros per week (1.07 mil pounds)

In comparison, Ronaldo has the biggest contract in EPL at 26.4 (vs 55.9 for Neymar)

Neymar is currently 30 and he will be 35 when his contract ends. He has averaged less than 20 league games per season since joining PSG due to injuries. His interest for football is dwindling and he is clearly not an exemplary professional.

So Neymar is probably not going anywhere and he would be stupid to give up on 335 guaranteed money when he is already playing so little.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 14 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Warrior Tue 28 Jun 2022 - 23:53

Good ol loans are the only option left
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 29 Jun 2022 - 0:30

I read PSG are willing to let him go on loan but even if they cover 50% of the wages or something it's still a truckload of money. Don't see anyone being this stupid to go for that, and he wont accept a paycut because why would he
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 29 Jun 2022 - 1:38

Yeah even on a loan with 50% wages, that’s more than 30 millions out of pocket for a club, with 0 way to amortize the amount, and he will only play 50% of your games lol

You might as well take that money and sign someone

He has the worst contract in football and it’s only starting on Friday 😂
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 0:10

Rumor: Seems like Chelsea is asking for a free transfer... but they would cover 100% of wages. I think there will be some nominal transfer fee and additional fees based on performance (appearances, etc.)
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 0:48

Nobody is stupid enough to pay 100% of his wages. I hope nobody is. The whole world wants to see PSG go down with him.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 4:32

PSG want a big revamp, as a result many decent players could be available for reasonable price. For example Juve rumors about Wijnaldum and/or Paredes are expected at some point this summer.

As for Neymar, if the contract above is true, it is so horrible that the club has less to lose by giving him another chance for 1 year. But they publicly give up on him and money is not a problem i think it will turn into an ego war between PSG and Neymar. This guy is not gonna accept a move to PL he wants it easy peasy, instead i predict Shanghai FC on loan is the next stop Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 8:51

Pochettino:

“Kylian also loves to watch football and to talk about football. Sometimes, players with that much talent are not so interested in tactics, organisation and how teams play. They're more focused on amazing goals or actions. But Kylan loves to talk about tactics and to understand the game.

If we played a Champions League game on a Tuesday and there was another one the next night, Kylian would be messaging me, asking what did I think about this tactical situation or that one. I would ask him to come into my office the next morning so we could discuss it in depth, why one team would play a back three or four, defensive organisation, how to press, how to build from the back. He was so interested to talk and discuss our ideas about football, mine and his.”
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 8:52

I was glad to read this. I’ve been reading too much about how some current players have zero passion for the game outside of training/matches like Stones and White. The top players being nerds bring up the level even higher.

Although if Mbappe is a tactics nerd then it’s quite amusing that he doesn’t press at all given how important that is in modern football.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 13:35

I remember reading somewhere that Neymar doesn't like watching football that much so he could subbing neymar here as well 😂.

In the NBA, I feel like the top players are interested in the tactics/knowledge of the sport and same with NFL specifically quarterbacks

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 15:47

Casciavit wrote:Pochettino:

“Kylian also loves to watch football and to talk about football. Sometimes, players with that much talent are not so interested in tactics, organisation and how teams play. They're more focused on amazing goals or actions. But Kylan loves to talk about tactics and to understand the game.

If we played a Champions League game on a Tuesday and there was another one the next night, Kylian would be messaging me, asking what did I think about this tactical situation or that one. I would ask him to come into my office the next morning so we could discuss it in depth, why one team would play a back three or four, defensive organisation, how to press, how to build from the back. He was so interested to talk and discuss our ideas about football, mine and his.”

Wasn’t one of Mbappe’s issues, Pochettino? This quote lacks credibility as it has been reported that Mbappe was part of the dismissal of Poch!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 19:00

No... he actually loved Poche. Publicly supported him many times. His issue was Leonardo and Neymar. The one thing he did say was either support Poche 100% or make a change (Leonardo was backstabbing him). People took that as him not liking Poche. But the point was that PSG couldn't win if there was so much infighting.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 19:01

Casciavit wrote:I was glad to read this. I’ve been reading too much about how some current players have zero passion for the game outside of training/matches like Stones and White. The top players being nerds bring up the level even higher.

Although if Mbappe is a tactics nerd then it’s quite amusing that he doesn’t press at all given how important that is in modern football.

They ask him not to. They want him to conserve energy. PSG defend with 8 men and leave Messi and Mbappe free.

Shit defender anyhow so he wouldn't help even if he tried lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 4:57

Mbappe has so much speed, it benefits him to play on the shoulder I would think. One of the few times that possibly, pressing may be worse then saving energy
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 12 Dec 2022 - 19:08

I wouldn't lie, when he plays for PSG, I'm really neither here nor there with him but for France, I do enjoy Mbappe's football. Like a lot.

Long may it continue.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue 13 Dec 2022 - 8:33

For club football it's professionalism at best, there is too many much ego issues but for country they play by heart. Also in country there are not too many stars in the same positions.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 18 Dec 2022 - 19:22

Alpha player

What a strong mentality

But for your own good, please leave PSG
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 18 Dec 2022 - 19:44

S wrote:Alpha player

What a strong mentality

That's all I want tbh. He can go literally anywhere, just get out of PSG.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 18 Dec 2022 - 19:55

S wrote:Alpha player

What a strong mentality

Agreed. Plays quite the same way for his club and country. Difference isn't noticeable. Something many greats have struggled with. In a few years might be the next goat candidiate
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 18 Dec 2022 - 20:10

He plays differently for NT since he’s the clear focal point. At club, Neymar causes issues. If it was just Messi and Mbappe with a proper winger, PSG would kill.

Despite loss, to me, he’s currently the best player in the world without a doubt. He can cause imbalance and win games all by himself…. Almost did it in WC final.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 18 Dec 2022 - 21:54

sportsczy wrote:He plays differently for NT since he’s the clear focal point. At club, Neymar causes issues. If it was just Messi and Mbappe with a proper winger, PSG would kill.

Despite loss, to me, he’s currently the best player in the world without a doubt. He can cause imbalance and win games all by himself…. Almost did it in WC final.

what i mean is he isnt one of those "always shows up for club, but never for country" guys. and lots of greats have been accused of that
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 18 Dec 2022 - 22:47

I’m not agreeing to comment he is the best player in world. Definitely up there, but so far thus season, in club play, Haaland gets the nod from me.

I also don’t buy into Neymar being at fault for PSG struggles, for the most part Neymar is playing much better this season. With the form of both Messi and Mbappe plus Neymar, they should be a shoe in to get to CL final. As should Haaland and City.

Perhaps we will get another good final, showcasing Haaland vs Mbappe.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 19 Dec 2022 - 1:21

Neymar causes imbalance.  Messi and Mbappe are skilled; but they are very direct and use tricks for a purpose.  Neymar driblles and showboats just to show off a lot of times.

Ney causes defensive imbalance, takes space away from both Messi and Mbappe... and is poor without the ball.  Wonderful player.  But wrong mix.

And as great as Haaland is, there is no comparison with Mbappe today.  Not his fault; but he's never performed under the extreme pressure that Mbappe has (and shined) and has won no trophies.  Until he does that, you can't compare.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon 19 Dec 2022 - 2:13

He is on side favourite to win CL this year!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 19 Dec 2022 - 2:23

futbol_bill wrote:He is on side favourite to win CL this year!

But he hasn't. You can't even start comparing until he plays a CL final or something of that ilk and shines with his play.

This year is going to being weird anyhow. I can easily see some strange result in CL as all the WC players are literally knackered and can't compete.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon 19 Dec 2022 - 3:57

I think someone here said same about him adopting to EPL and he has excelled and yet we see Thimmy, who knows a lot more about him than we ever will, say Pep is holding him back in terms of his skill yet.

I do expect some let down re WC, but it will effect PSG more than anyone else. They do however, have a month and a half to recover. City is IMO the absolute favorite..

I wouldn’t bet against him.

It’s not really relevant to this discussion plus there were the Benzema timing issue but IMO, Flo made the wrong decision in going for Mbappe rather than Haaland.

I obviously want Madrid in CL final, but if not,  I’d love to watch a Mbappe vs Haaland CL final. I would find that as entertaining as today’s game.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next