Harmonica
McLewis
Pedram
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Starfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Starfield

Post by Davis Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:19 pm

It's such a fun game to play. I've played 20 hours so far and am still enjoying it. It's totally worth buying.

Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:42 am

Plenty of white dudes in the game, Vibe Laughing

Anyways, I spent basically my entire today today surveying a star systems for one of the Constellation missions. Did all the planets, now I need to do their moons. Tedious, but oddly enjoyable experience when paired with podcasts and/or an audiobook.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:48 am

McLewis wrote:Plenty of white dudes in the game, Vibe Laughing

Anyways, I spent basically my entire today today surveying a star systems for one of the Constellation missions. Did all the planets, now I need to do their moons. Tedious, but oddly enjoyable experience when paired with podcasts and/or an audiobook.
The Kumasi one? I did all planets there too before finding the thing I needed, in the second last planet.

I think surveying is masterfully done tbh. The vistas are very varied, enemy outposts give nice contrast when ever you feel like it, and same goes for the space fights between planets. I feel like some of the planets could be more extreme, but I'm sure mods fill fix that.

I'm 40 hours in, lv24 Bounty Hunter with very hard. Done mostly surveys, and getting into the ship building now as I got the Mantis ship (great quest btw). With it I can finally fight my own "Wanted" Bounty Hunters. I've only taken non combat perks, or convenience and access perks, and the difficulty feels like perfect.

Weight Lifting 4

Pick Pocket 1

Surveying 4

Boost Pack Training 2
Piloting 3
Security 3
Targeting Systems 1
Shield Systems 4
Starship Design 3

Perk System with its challenges feels the best one I've ever seen in a game.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:01 am

Harmonica wrote:
McLewis wrote:Plenty of white dudes in the game, Vibe Laughing

The Kumasi one?

Nah, Groombridge. Was looking for Ecological Consortium. Found it on the 2nd to last moon in the system and it wasn't the one I was expecting to find it on. Oddly satisfying mission.

I'm also a Bounty Hunter. Just got to Lvl 27 and finished the Freestar Ranger storyline. It's the only quest line I've made any progress in thus far. Most of my missions just have been the super duper side ones that I randomly encounter. I do agree though, the surveying is just great stuff. A real timesink.  

My build, despite being a bounty hunter, is more explorer with mercenary tendencies.

Have you done Heart of Mars mission? Fucking rock is tough to extract with the weak ass cutter I have.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:05 am

I'd say my biggest criticism of the game right now is navigation. The star maps are fine in general, though I'm not a fan of the galaxy map overall. The planet map is tolerable, but the surface map is absolute hot garbage. And I thought Skyrim's map was lacking. This is far worse than that.

I've wasted a lot of time running around Akila City or Neon just looking for shit that I know is there, but can't remember where it was. There is just no real means of navigation in those cities beyond the vague signage throughout. I have to mostly just memorize landmarks. Maybe that's what Bethesda was going for, I dunno.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:38 am

McLewis wrote:Nah, Groombridge. Was looking for Ecological Consortium. Found it on the 2nd to last moon in the system and it wasn't the one I was expecting to find it on. Oddly satisfying mission.

I'm also a Bounty Hunter. Just got to Lvl 27 and finished the Freestar Ranger storyline. It's the only quest line I've made any progress in thus far. Most of my missions just have been the super duper side ones that I randomly encounter. I do agree though, the surveying is just great stuff. A real timesink.  

My build, despite being a bounty hunter, is more explorer with mercenary tendencies.

Have you done Heart of Mars mission? Fucking rock is tough to extract with the weak ass cutter I have.
Oh right, I think those surveying mission locations are randomly generated. I've not done that quest, but I did see a stream where somebody had Heller's Cutter. No idea if it's better in anyway though.

McLewis wrote:I'd say my biggest criticism of the game right now is navigation. The star maps are fine in general, though I'm not a fan of the galaxy map overall. The planet map is tolerable, but the surface map is absolute hot garbage. And I thought Skyrim's map was lacking. This is far worse than that.

I've wasted a lot of time running around Akila City or Neon just looking for shit that I know is there, but can't remember where it was. There is just no real means of navigation in those cities beyond the vague signage throughout. I have to mostly just memorize landmarks. Maybe that's what Bethesda was going for, I dunno.
I agree cities should've maps. Wilderness doesn't really need one, because every point of interest appears on the scanner. Btw if you're on a PC, there's already kind of immersive map mod for New Atlantis. https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3574

BGS also officially already confirmed city maps for future update: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1716740/announcements/detail/3687940304703443231
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:01 pm

150 hours in, and I've finally learned all the game mechanics. Still two factions and half of the main quest to do, and the repeatable NG. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:56 pm

Starfield - Page 2 Screen32

Nice to see them putting the GOAT in the game
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:08 pm

Finally finished the main playthrough after 192 hours. Played pretty organically doing most of the quests, and what ever I felt like doing at the time, ship building, surveying etc. Lv69 with Very Hard, without any combat-perks excluding Piloting 4 and Shields 4. Ship Combat was very hard at the beginning, but after 100 hours or so of improving the ship it got easier, and at the end was probably too easy. FPS difficulty was pretty nice throughout. I recommend playing with Very Hard.

Main story was easily the best quest line in the game, and actually with W3 the best storyline I've experienced in these kind of games (freeroam rpg). And considering W3 was based on established books and had time to build the world and characters two games prior, Starfield's main story is near perfect in execution. There's no false sense of haste, no usual world ending. It's nicely based on science (fiction), history and how we got to the settled systems is very well done. Got emotional in High Price to Pay because I had already attached myself to the characters for 100 hours, Unearthed was very nostalgic and Entangled one of the best single quests I've played. There was many (sensible) surprises through out. The ending, and the NG+ mechanic are tailor made in a game like this. From other questlines UC Vanguard was the best, then Crimson Fleet, Ryujin and Freestar Rangers was in my opinion the weakest.

Liked
   Roleplaying options
   Space combat, FPS
   Ship building
   Main story, UC Vanguard, Crimson Fleet and the bigger side quests
   Perk system, persuasion, lockpicking
   Surveying on different planets
   Constellation characters excluding the Coes
   Terrormorphs and diversity of fauna
   Visuals excluding New Atlantis and other badly lit areas

Didn't like
   Activity and other trivial quests

Want
   More extreme planets
   House Va'ruun DLC
   Outpost/ Star Yard DLC and better integration
   Creation Kit

I still have NG+ to go, but I would give it 9/10 and easy GotY.

Modlist that got built during the game, considering them currently mostly essential.
Starfield - Page 2 PCcNFZD
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2